Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2018 12:25:15 AM EDT
Want to mount a PVS-14 to a Wilcox G24 mount.
Which is the better option:  Wilcox J arm or the Norotos Dual Dovetail Mount?
Not concerned with cost. Just want the best.
I am left handed and the PVS-14 will be mounted over my right eye if that is a factor.
Don’t see the value of being able to switch quickly from one eye to the other that the Norotos mount offers, but I am open to enlightenment.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Id go with the same brand, but im a shimmed GI J arm pleb, anyway.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got the dual dovetail /g24 for mine, and it is the tits......
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Mod Armory makes a dovetail and horn interface J-Arm that doesn't require you to loosen/tighten a knob to move it from one side to the other. IMHO it's better then the Wilcox since no matter how much you tighten the knob it'll still have up and down slop. The other option is a Norotos dual dove tail adapter. On a mono tube the standard GI horn J-Arm works OK, but investing into a dovetail interface will be beneficial if/when you upgrade to Binos or if "TNVC Augee reads this" dual 14s on a D14 mount
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Want to mount a PVS-14 to a Wilcox G24 mount.
Which is the better option:  Wilcox J arm or the Norotos Dual Dovetail Mount?
Not concerned with cost. Just want the best.
I am left handed and the PVS-14 will be mounted over my right eye if that is a factor.
Don’t see the value of being able to switch quickly from one eye to the other that the Norotos mount offers, but I am open to enlightenment.
View Quote
if you already own a Wilcox mount, then use a Wilcox Jarm.

I’ve got one of each and my DDA doesn’t lock into my Wilcox mount (admittedly an older mount) without a lot of force. The JArm locks perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mod Armory makes a dovetail and horn interface J-Arm that doesn't require you to loosen/tighten a knob to move it from one side to the other. IMHO it's better then the Wilcox since no matter how much you tighten the knob it'll still have up and down slop. The other option is a Norotos dual dove tail adapter. On a mono tube the standard GI horn J-Arm works OK, but investing into a dovetail interface will be beneficial if/when you upgrade to Binos or if "TNVC Augee reads this" dual 14s on a D14 mount
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#7]
i recently sold my DDA on here because i didnt like the way it fit with my g24. I love the wilcox j arm. it puts the PVS in the perfect position to my eye with no slop.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Norotos Dual Dovetail for me tried both sold the other. I’m using INVG and the LowStow for mounts also and no slop at all after 5 plus years of heavy use with the INVG and now LowStow.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a dual dovetail with the g24 and locks up easy and perfect, have had no problems. All the movement in the whole system is actually in the g24 adjustment and is very slight. If I didn't have goggles too and only used a 14 then I probably would not be using a g24 mount.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Link?
View Quote
https://www.modarmory.com/product/anpvs-14-j-arm-adapter-with-nvg-dovetail-shoe-or-bayonet-interface/?fbclid=IwAR0TkccSprHZNKRFwefc4j_mOTt8fHj4PcKH5H21fbD9rQkR6nkjF7t4TOg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top