Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2018 5:32:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear as these are the same tubes I'm considering for my next build probably in a DTNVG housing. I have yet to look through a Photonis Echo tube, but it seems all the reviews I've read vs L3 tubes excuse the pun"Echo" yours...
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your review.  One question:  how much of a step-down in perceived PC is there between the L3 vs. Echo?

Thanks again..
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As in the photocathode response?  It's hard to say.  In mixed light urban areas, it seems more like a difference in contrast.  Areas around houses or lit buildings will be more detailed in the Echo, whereas in the L3 they'll be more flooded by the light.  In darker areas with no lighting, the L3 will definitely see into the shadows more.  I'm not really sure how to quantify it. If you've seen the UNV L3 vs Intens videos, I found them to be a fair representation, considering degradation of image capture/upload to youtube as well as the assumed higher specs of the non-Echo tubes.
View Quote
I definitely agree! I've compared both side by side and his videos are a great representation.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I definitely agree! I've compared both side by side and his videos are a great representation.
View Quote
And just where and with whom did you do those comparisons with???  Liar!!!!

Hehe j/k. This is what I’ve been telling people who ask. Photonis echo tubes are a fucking great deal and great all around.

Of course they lose in ultra ultra low light but let’s put it this way, when I was comparing with AZ2A and I could see further into shadows with his L3 but it’s not like I was disabled. As in I didn’t need an illuminator to move around because I couldn’t see anything.

Now if you’re Leo in the sticks and needed to find perps in the deep shadows on moonless night, go with L3.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Are these thin-filmed ?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are these thin-filmed ?
View Quote
Filmless. At least I’ve been told repeatedly they are.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two echo tubes and a full Intens 4G tube UNV videos are a great comparison Rich did a great job filming both. Yes they do look better in person vs in video :)

Overall, I’ve been pleasantly impressed with the Photonis WP Echo and Intens tubes while the L3 WP filmless does have a edge ultra low light levels the Photonis tubes do a great job also low light levels and high light look great maybe even better then the L3 at times.

When it’s crazy dark rural area I grab on of my L3 WP filmless systems they still perform best in those conditions and I own both so why not. Starlight and above or urban I’ll often  grab one of my Photonis systems. Yes, the echos do a great job also in extreme dark you don’t need a IR or anything like that. The L3 is just a touch brighter and like stated above seems to see into shadows better.

For a WP systems it’s hard to beat the Photonis systems at their current price point.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As in the photocathode response?  It's hard to say.  In mixed light urban areas, it seems more like a difference in contrast.  Areas around houses or lit buildings will be more detailed in the Echo, whereas in the L3 they'll be more flooded by the light.  In darker areas with no lighting, the L3 will definitely see into the shadows more.  I'm not really sure how to quantify it.  If you've seen the UNV L3 vs Intens videos, I found them to be a fair representation, considering degradation of image capture/upload to youtube as well as the assumed higher specs of the non-Echo tubes.
View Quote
Yes, PC photo cathode response.  I’ve seen the comparison  Photonis/L3 on YouTube.  I was concerned that the Videos showed a full Intens and the Echo was less sensitive in PCR.

Thanks for bringing this up, cause i’ve been wondering how the echo stands up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a full Intens 4G it’s just cleaner spot/spec overall cosmetics and higher gain so a touch brighter overal vs my two echos. They are all 30-32SN though and compare very well just based on overall performance.

And I have a new pittbull housing in the mail to me right now ;)
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I notice he dropped the price back down to 2799.  So which is better, this one or the HP+ Pinnacle ?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Extended holiday sale :)

The HP+ Pinnacle uses a green ITT/Harris tube.

Feel free to email, call or PM with any questions.
Robert
View Quote
@Lowdown3 How long will this sale extend to?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Extended holiday sale :)

The HP+ Pinnacle uses a green ITT/Harris tube.

Feel free to email, call or PM with any questions.
Robert
View Quote
I have these tubes in my dual 14s and they are friggin awesome in near dark conditions. Awesome price and hats off to Robert for running this sale for as long as possible.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have these tubes in my dual 14s and they are friggin awesome in near dark conditions. Awesome price and hats off to Robert for running this sale for as long as possible.
View Quote
Good to hear, I just jumped on this one so looking forward to getting it in hand.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good to hear, I just jumped on this one so looking forward to getting it in hand.
View Quote
You will not be disappointed. Lowdown3 aka Robert is like one of your buddies that always haw the hook up on killer deals.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Have to double check Monday, but I believe right up to Christmas.

Look forward to helping you.
View Quote
Would you mind linking this please?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Would you mind linking this please?
View Quote
https://www.jrhenterprises.com/PVS14-High-Performance-HP-Pinnacle-Autogated-Night-Vision-PVS14.htm
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#24]
JRH your killing the value of my used gear selling new gear so cheap
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top