Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2018 3:00:05 PM EDT
I have a atn aries crusader mk6900 2nd gen + , but the other day I power it up and flashes bright then goes dim. I can barely see out of it. I took it apart and took out the iit but only found 5 numbers on it. I'm at work but I'll post pictures when I get home. Anyways what do i need to do? Repot it? I cant find out even from atn what tube this is or where to find one to replace it? Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much. I'll get some pictures up tommorrow. It doesn't have a fiber optic cable or wires coming out of it. It has  + & - on the side of it with 2 contactors
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
There are a few people that repot tubes. dts-blackout25 who used to post here probably handles the largest number of tubes. Sounds like he does several hundred per year. Could try contacting him (IM me). Won't be of much help if it's a Russian tube but ATN also used a number of US surplus 9916 tubes in their products.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea I sent him a Im. Hopefully it's a us surplus and hopefully he replies. I'll post a picture of it today.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea I sent him a Im. Hopefully it's a us surplus and hopefully he replies. I'll post a picture of it today.
View Quote
His account is suspended, you'll need to contact him via txdx. I'm thinking the tube is a glass tube probably from FeP. You'll need to buy a new one but they don't answer phones there nor sell directly. New tubes are 800-1.4k depending on the specs but can be had cheaper if you speak Russian and don't deal w the chinese middleman. As far as repotting goes you can't really repot the glass tubes. They are built like shit and have exposed wire inside the potting. The potting material they use is amazing too btw so forget that option. Does the tube have russian writing on it?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hello Millwrightbandit,

I don't know anybody who is commercially and reliably repotting image intensifier tubes today.  This business seems to be gone and I see it as a good news.
View Quote
AEO not reliable any more?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

AEO not reliable any more?
View Quote
They're still around according to their web site...
https://www.aeoptics.com/night-vision-repair

I don't think they do anything non-US though. For that matter, I'm not sure DTS-blackout will do anything non-US either. But it's worth asking them both
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:35:22 AM EDT
[#8]
anyone had DTS-blackout repot a tube? rough idea on costs? I heard AEO was ~400.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
anyone had DTS-blackout repot a tube? rough idea on costs? I heard AEO was ~400.
View Quote
Had dissected one or two tubes he potted. Quality job. Looked better on the inside than a tube that was repotted elsewhere (don't know if it was by AEO or who). Don't know how much he charges tho.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I reached out to him through txdx regarding the tube I bought from you.

I'll report back but so far his communication is great and he seems like a good guy. AEO doesn't respond to emails or answer the phone and their voicemail is full.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
AEO appear to be in the middle of a big move from one location to another... They even shifted their website from one host to another. I don't know how far they moved, but it's not in the same suburb.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
AEO appear to be in the middle of a big move from one location to another... They even shifted their website from one host to another. I don't know how far they moved, but it's not in the same suburb.
View Quote
I noticed that as well, but even then an email is pretty easy to respond to over the course of a week.

Hope they are expanding though. Never hurts to have that service commercially available.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got a response back from AEO-well the new version of AEO.

AEO LLC is closed due to the owner retiring.

They/an employee/someone started a new company called KDSG (KD Sporting Group) LLC.

They still do night vision repair and service and seem to be versed in the same stuff. They repot tubes.

Just figured I would pass along the word that AEO is no longer doing business but there is another option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top