Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2018 2:18:32 PM EDT
So I have a lot of time on a PVS-14. Both in the Army and out. I recently sold my PVS-14 and wanted to get into binos. I have a budget of about 5k max but obviously would like to spend less. So my question is this: Would you settle for a top of the line PVS-14 un filmed WP or would you get a middle of the pack bino setup in green? I would love WP binos but I don't think I can swing it. In my mind I would think binos for ease of use and less brain fatigue. But the WP is attainable in the mono format for me and arguably a much better tube with warranty and what not.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I would get green binos, no brainer in my opinion.

You get a much bigger benefit than just WP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd give Robert (Lowdown3/JRH Enterprise) a call he has WP Photonis BNVD (binos) on sale right now for 5,999.00, he's a site sponsor here and a great guy to deal with. He has some of the best prices and always tries to keep the sale going as long as possible.
https://www.jrhenterprises.com/Photonis-BNVD-Night-vision-White-Phosphor-Binocular-4G-PHOTONISBNVDNOGAIN.htm
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the WP hue more than green. Less eye fatigue.  There are probably diminishing returns in specs at a certain point
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently made the jump into WP and am very happy with the upgrade. Cleaner image and noticably less eye strain.  Shop around and buy quality from a reputable dealer and it will retain its value. I am on my third set of binos and have sold each one (mod-3 -> Sentinels-> wp dtnvg’s) as I was able to save more money for each upgrade.

Full disclosure, fortunately I was able to keep my 14 as well. So its never been an either or decision for me. Perhaps it’s training/experience with a 14 but for some tasks I prefer it over binos.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd personally go with a high spec WP PVS-14 and get some high quality gear to go along with that

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#8]
thats a tough one...... but i think i would go with the middle of the line binos.  you can always upgrade to better tubes down the road.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd give Robert (Lowdown3/JRH Enterprise) a call he has WP Photonis BNVD (binos) on sale right now for 5,999.00, he's a site sponsor here and a great guy to deal with. He has some of the best prices and always tries to keep the sale going as long as possible.
https://www.jrhenterprises.com/Photonis-BNVD-Night-vision-White-Phosphor-Binocular-4G-PHOTONISBNVDNOGAIN.htm
View Quote
holy shit! now thats a deal. better than $700 off some other stuff
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#10]
There certainly might be a much better way to do this but I have done this a lot and searching ebay for the items and parts you want can very often save you a ton of money. If your willing to take the time to look around as much as possible  and get lucky you can get some very very high quality gear for a fraction of the cost. Just take your time and look online as much as humanly possible.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd personally go with a high spec WP PVS-14 and get some high quality gear to go along with that

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482038/20181012_222808_jpg-752947.JPG
View Quote
@AZ2A Good to see you back in the NV game.

OP
I feel like I can do everything with Binos that I can with a mono, EXCEPT, drive fast.
Other then driving, if I only had one device I’d get the best I could afford.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OP
I feel like I can do everything with Binos that I can with a mono, EXCEPT, drive fast.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482038/20181012_222808_jpg-752947.JPG

OP
So a mid tier decent bino setup or a top tier WP mono? Broadband has a set of PVS-15s in the EE. Contemplating those or a top of the line brand new WP PVS-14.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 3:01:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

holy shit! now thats a deal. better than $700 off some other stuff
View Quote
I haven't look through the Photoins tubes yet, but they have great reviews. I have look through more than a few TNVC Sentinals and all have been amazing and for what your getting it's a great value for the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top