Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2018 6:38:08 AM EDT
Hhello guys.
I need some guidance in building a diy monocular based on a pvs7 tube (mx10130D).

i've already managed to pair a mx10160 with a yukon obj, in a pvs5 case using the pvs5 ocular
Once I got a pvs clone housing, i've moved the mx10160 tube in that one, so I had a spare housing to play with.

Now i've bought a mx10130d (pvs7 tube), without doing my homework. somehow the yukon obj i was trying to use will not focus with this tube, hence my first problem.
my second problem is where to invert the image: before the tube, or after the tube, in the ocular?

any help in what optics to use will be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't the image in the PVS-7 tube upside down and because of this it's not suitable for anything other than a PVS-7 housing?

I'm not sure how you are going to do it but I would invert the image after the tube.  If it was me I would just get a 7 housing to put that tube into.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
the inverted image is the second question mark :)

first i need a way to focus properly on the tube. my obj (that worked well focusing on a mx10160) will focus only on objects very close to it (less than 15-20 inch / 40-50 cm). anything further away is blurry.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The lens isn't the correct distance from the tube.  II can't remember if it needs to be closer or further to shift the focus further out.

Getting the correct spacing was the hardest part of my build.  I built one with a 1st gen cascade tube and security camera lens.

Have you read through the tacked DIY thread?
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you read through the tacked DIY thread?
View Quote
nope. just regular search on the forum, that did not help. can you please point out smth useful?
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
you might need the lens closer to the tube to focus it further away , i would do like was said and get a pvs7 housing to put it in , if its an older tube then some older tubes have a thicker plastic front that dosent let some lenses get close enough to focus far away so get a pvs7 housing with the litton front lens as these seem better for that
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#6]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/DIY-Cascade-Tube-Thread-/18-359614/

There is a lot of good information on making your own in this thread.  It started out with cascade tubes but some members used other tubes.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

nope. just regular search on the forum, that did not help. can you please point out smth useful?
View Quote
@Utfard

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Just-ordered-a-Non-Functional-ATN-Night-Spirit-2-NOW-Uploaded-file-for-replacement-lens-cap-/18-494442/?r=-1&page=1&anc=5041650#i5041650

It looks like the scopes in the above link have inverting eye pieces.  Maybe one of those that bought two and have spare parts would be willing to sell you the eye piece.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top