Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2018 1:51:50 PM EDT
I have a few rifles that I think would make fun night hunting guns, but they lack aux rails and I don't want to loose the ability to use their daytime sights.

currious what some of the favorite solutions out their are?  Thinking something like a offset rail adapter.  Several guns I am thinking about include an internally suppressed 10/22 (scoped), a threaded 1894 marlin (38, with 9mm can), and a 45/70 Marlin (abet that is a lot of bullet on a light platform-more than I would trust my night optics to tolerate) both with peep sights and extended top rails.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some barrel mounted pic rails that you can mount the laser on. You could mount a standard pic rail and do an offset mount on that or add a long pic rail that extends down the barrel and go on or off of that.

You could also go off the scope with a pic mount and than into an offset to get you closer to the bore. TNVC makes a scope mounted rail and from there you could pic up a GG&G offset to get closer to the bore.

Depending on how much met you have on the barrels or on the wall of the tube for the IS 10/22 you could mount a piece of pic rail right on them.

Random pics from the net.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are some barrel mounted pic rails that you can mount the laser on. You could mount a standard pic rail and do an offset mount on that or add a long pic rail that extends down the barrel and go on or off of that.

You could also go off the scope with a pic mount and than into an offset to get you closer to the bore. TNVC makes a scope mounted rail and from there you could pic up a GG&G offset to get closer to the bore.

Depending on how much met you have on the barrels or on the wall of the tube for the IS 10/22 you could mount a piece of pic rail right on them.

Random pics from the net.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/81561/357_lever_pic-700653.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/81561/Pic_smile-700655.JPG
View Quote
OOOOH I like the setup on the bolt gun. I need to find something for my KIDD .22. You know, for precision skunk killing around the duck club.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used a simple 1" to Picatinny adaptor to mount laser on my integrally suppressed 22lr and on 12ga pump (mag tube). The tubes were that size. If your tubes are larger or smaller, check the adaptors with other common scope ring sizes.
The adaptors I bought were $20 and many competitive versions were MUCH more expensive.

Like this Vector one on eBay

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking for a solution to mount a laser to my .920" integrally suppressed CZ.

This is all I've come across. I haven't tried it yet.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1069748469/jp-enterprises-picatinny-rail-sight-mounting-block-aluminum
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:34:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I like that bolt gun solution. Any info on who makes it?

the IS is a Ruger takedown, with the Ruger suppressed takedown barrel.  Takedown complicates using an extended rail.  Right now the 45/70 marlin has the extended rail, but with a peep-so anything on top blocks the sight.  The 38 Marlin is a composit of 2 guns.  One one I have has a skinner peep, with no way to mount anything else on top, but am considering a second set up like the 45/70.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top