Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2018 6:27:01 PM EDT
Just got a dual bridge mount from MOD Armory. Long term, want the PVS14 on the left, and a FLIR Breach on the right.  Able to flip one or the other up... both out of the way, etc.

I got the bayonet style interface, as I have a Wilcox G11 mount. Crappy/out of spec 3-hole shroud on an Inernational Shield helmet (UK company, owned by Point Blank or Second Chance... can’t remember which).  Wilcox shroud on order, as the fit between the mount and shroud it too loose for my taste.

Problem I’ve run into is that the bayonet mount places the bridge far too low to be of any use. Even at the top of the adjustment range on the G11 mount.  Not sure if the Wilcox shroud will be any higher... but hoping so.

Other than switching entirely too dovetail, any other options anyone might suggest to bring this up to my eyes?
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You ordered a Mod Armory bridge mount with a bayonet interface??? If so return it ASAP and exchange it for the dovetail interface, sell your G11 and buy either a Wilcox L4 G24 or if your on a budget a Norotos Rhino II on ebay 50.00 and replace the horn socket for a Norotos PVS 15/18 dovetail interface socket from TNVC for 59.00.

Selling the dual bridge with a horn interface is going to be a pain since I can't see anyone even wanting one. Also the lock up on the dovetail takes a effort to disconnect it from the lowering arm.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree with Money.

That bayo is no bueno. But they are an awesome company so ask them if they will exchange it.

Then get the g24 or the rhino 2 with pvs-15 dovetail mod. That’s what I run and it’s nice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You ordered a Mod Armory bridge mount with a bayonet interface??? If so return it ASAP and exchange it for the dovetail interface, sell your G11 and buy either a Wilcox L4 G24 or if your on a budget a Norotos Rhino II on ebay 50.00 and replace the horn socket for a Norotos PVS 15/18 dovetail interface socket from TNVC for 59.00.

Selling the dual bridge with a horn interface is going to be a pain since I can't see anyone even wanting one. Also the lock up on the dovetail takes a effort to disconnect it from the lowering arm.
View Quote
I’ll go with this...
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
As usual, the advice here is spot-on.

I’m confident MOD Armory will work with me.

Less thrilled about my chances selling the G11 (purchased last month!), for anything close to what I paid.

Any idea if the body of the G11/G24 are the same, and purchasing just the dovetail slider is a possibility?  I’m guessing this is just wishful thinking... but you never know until you ask around, right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Bad News:I've never seen a Wilcox socket for sale.

Good News: there is a Wilcox fixed height lowering arm that has bent rails for 40.00 buy it now on ebay as I type. I have no idea if it will fit, but a quick call to Wilcox could answer that question.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...there is a Wilcox fixed height lowering arm that has bent rails for 40.00 buy it now on ebay
View Quote
The tooth profile, width, and length of the lowering arm certainly looks similar to the L4G11 (and every other Wilcox arm, for that matter). It would certainly make sence from a manufacturing standpoint to have as much parts overlap as possible.

I’m going to take the $40 gamble that it’s the same (as it appears), & that the swap isn’t rocket surgery... and ‘buy it now’.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The tooth profile, width, and length of the lowering arm certainly looks similar to the L4G11 (and every other Wilcox arm, for that matter). It would certainly make sence from a manufacturing standpoint to have as much parts overlap as possible.

I’m going to take the $40 gamble that it’s the same (as it appears), & that the swap isn’t rocket surgery... and ‘buy it now’.
View Quote
If the rails do not match you can return it to the seller even if the seller doesn't except returns per Ebays policies. Post pics when your done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top