Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2018 1:01:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like FLIR is part of the military industrial complex that exists to soak the taxpayer on military contracts and could care less about the poor smuck that spent $3-10K of his own money on their product. If the reports of their CS failures are as stated recently, they don't deserve those individual consumer dollars. I'm guessing they have someone to answer the phone promptly when military contracts are the subject.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Good advice, thanks for taking the time to weigh in
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#5]
My experience with them was right after they bought out armasight. It was a bit of a shitshow, but i did get taken care of in the end.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My experience with them was right after they bought out armasight. It was a bit of a shitshow, but i did get taken care of in the end.
View Quote
I concur....
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I own retail businesses (mostly E-commerce) in another industry and I often have my competitors customers contact me looking for help with a product because the dealer they purchased through has shitty customer service and it's beyond their return period, etc.

Keep in mind, not all dealers provide exceptional customer support like it seems that you do. My finding is that the majority of retailers do what they have to in order to get the sale and after that it's silence if you have an issue or concern. It's a piss poor method of doing business, because guess who they WON'T be calling the next time they to order something.

I've actually been in this situation numerous times myself in the gun industry where the manufacturer was non responsive on an issue and the dealer I ordered through wanted nothing to do with it. My list of vendors I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire is rather long.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, only time I had trouble with my FLIR the customer service was excellent. I called them, they said send it to us (it was brand new), and they sent me a new one, no muss, no fuss.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I use to work at the NH facility for FLIR. I will say that the people there do care about the customers. I would honestly blame under staffing as a main issue.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#13]
FLiR easily are the coolest motherfuckers out there, ever. Those guys are awesome and if you aren't getting play it's unfortunate because I've had nothing but great things to say about them. Legit awesome guys and aren't just there to soak up tax payer monies. Source: Me, not a shill, but will shill for FLiR.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been trying to get the most recent firmware for the breach for over 3 weeks :/
The picture preview does not even work on mine.  So far Angelo replied 1 time with a CC but that guy never replied.  I resend the email weekly with 5 flir people CCed....still not having luck with any phone number....anyone have a phone number that works??.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]
It took me awhile to get my PTS233 updated. Numerous emails with no response. I finally sent a email stating I was about to sell it and go with a competitor. Got a reply in about 3 days with info to get it. From what I have read, they closed down one of there shops and moved. Sounded like consolidating. Never could get anyone on the phone. Keep emailing, but do what I did. I like what I paid for so will stay with Flir for now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wow, only time I had trouble with my FLIR the customer service was excellent. I called them, they said send it to us (it was brand new), and they sent me a new one, no muss, no fuss.
View Quote
Yeah. I have no idea what this is about. FLIR's customer service blew me away. Literally the best I've ever come in contact with, regardless of the size of the company.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Took me about two days to get an e-mail with a link for updating my Breach.  The phone was a waste of time.  All and all, it was pretty painless.  FWIW, I included all relevant info in my initial e-mail.  I.E. current firmware, seriel number, model & place of purchase.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Took me about two days to get an e-mail with a link for updating my Breach.  The phone was a waste of time.  All and all, it was pretty painless.  FWIW, I included all relevant info in my initial e-mail.  I.E. current firmware, seriel number, model & place of purchase.
View Quote
Been emailing for 3 weeks...and I included ALL that info...

They sent you a link?  Can you forward me the link or can you IM me the email address that replied to you, because I can't get anyone from Flir to reply.

I was not really frustrated until I read this thread (and realised so much time had passed) with people stating how awesome Flir CS is...glad it worked out for you but they have sucked for me.

My first breach had major issues...they had me send it in and said they would send a new one...so I sent it in, and they mistakenly sent me back THE SAME UNIT....then they acted like I was crazy and insisted they had sent me a NEW unit...then after sending photos to prove it...they had me send it back again...and finally sent a new unit.  But now I still have old firmware and the promised features don't even work as advertised....and I can't get a response from Flir.

Glad some had good experiences....but they are sucking as of now...

Why not at least provide a dealer like tnvc with newest firmware so they can forward to confirmed customers?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They sent you a link?  Can you forward me the link or can you IM me the email address that replied to you, because I can't get anyone from Flir to reply.

I was not really frustrated until I read this thread (and realised so much time had passed) with people stating how awesome Flir CS is...glad it worked out for you but they have sucked for me.

My first breach had major issues...they had me send it in and said they would send a new one...so I sent it in, and they mistakenly sent me back THE SAME UNIT....then they acted like I was crazy and insisted they had sent me a NEW unit...then after sending photos to prove it...they had me send it back again...and finally sent a new unit.  But now I still have old firmware and the promised features don't even work as advertised....and I can't get a response from Flir.

Why not at least provide a dealer like tnvc with newest firmware so they can forward to confirmed customers?
View Quote
Email in bound
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
thats what I wanted to know
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Email in bound
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Email in bound
Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, After six weeks, I just got My Breach back from FLIR (For the second time) with the exact same issue as when I sent it in. It only has one of the updates and not the other, causing major issues. Have blasted calls and emails to anyone Involved in the process, the dealer, etc. Pushing for a replacement unit at this point. Ridiculous and highly frustrating.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top