Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2018 10:04:00 PM EDT
Had a chance to look at some ATN scopes, both monocular and PVS-7 style. Local fun shop had a dark archery range and let me try them out and both were nice and clear...... the price is pretty good as well. This would be my first night vision purchase, and I am looking at thermal as well......
Anyone have ATN optics?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Not the best reputation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
ATN: swipe to the left....
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not the best reputation.
View Quote
That’s what I want to hear..... tell me about them
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
If ATN is what you can afford, save you’re money and use a flashlight.....  if you get lucky and get one that actually powers up out of the box, buy a lottery ticket.  When it shits out, and it will, you’ll be told it’s your fault that you don’t know what you’re doing.  Seriously, don’t buy ATN.  Not worth the risk/headache
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That’s what I want to hear..... tell me about them
View Quote
It really depends on the specific unit. Usually russian housings/tubes for the older ones. If its cheap enough and it works get it. Russian power supplies arent known for reliability so expect it not to last.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]
ATN ownership is tied to another company which got busted for smuggling US night vision technology to Russia. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ATN ownership is tied to another company which got busted for smuggling US night vision technology to Russia. Fuck them.
View Quote
This was the last straw for me. Won't buy from them again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's good enough............I didn't know that, but I wont buy anything from them now
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I read a while back friends don't let friends buy ATN.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought an ATN x sight, I wasted my money. My advice, save for something better.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#12]
ATN sux
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#13]
ATN is garbage. For what you can pick up a solid gen 3 PVS-7 for on the used market there is absolutely no reason to bother with them. You can regularly get them as low as $1000-$1200 with a good L3 or ITT tube. ITT tubes are going to be most common in them anyhow.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone said ATN sucks yet?
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, got an X-sight, ordered pvs-14 pretty much next day.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had an X-Sight II 5X for around a year now. It is mounted on a 12.5" 308 SBR with a Saker 762 suppressor. The included IR light is mounted on the rail using a Magpul M-lok extended rail. I have a TNVC thermal remote battery pack (link) mounted to the X-Sight rail (I don't use batteries in the main unit at all). I modified the battery pack to remove the built in cable, the power cable that is supplied with the Anker battery works great with the ATN. The unit can run for two or three hours on a single power 'dot', probably would run around 8 hours on a single battery charge (4 dots). I have a second battery that I carry with me as they are small and cheap. The ATN was $425 shipped, the TNVC battery pack was about $103 shipped, and the backup battery was $20 shipped, totaling $548. I do have to purchase CR123 batteries for the IR light figure 2 batteries for $4 every 4-5 times it goes out hunting. It is a plus the unit can be used in Day Mode or Night Mode, one gun to take to the stand and I don't have to worry about Dad burning out a tube in bright daylight when I'm not there to supervise.

We have killed many hogs with this setup. The two below were from this past Saturday night about 40 minutes apart with solid cloud cover (no moon or stars), and 15 miles to the nearest small town, it was pitch black. With the IR set to low the bottom hog was clearly visible at the 135 yard feeder shown in the picture, Dad dropped him with a shot to the neck right where he stood. The top hog was shot at 85 yards by me. We feel comfortable shooting out to 200 yards using the IR light, after that we can certainly identify hogs vs. coyotes vs. cows vs. deer but aren't taking shots at them. We're just normal hunters so this meets our needs and has been much better than we expected.

Link Posted: 10/7/2018 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ATN is garbage. For what you can pick up a solid gen 3 PVS-7 for on the used market there is absolutely no reason to bother with them. You can regularly get them as low as $1000-$1200 with a good L3 or ITT tube. ITT tubes are going to be most common in them anyhow.
View Quote
You know, you are not the first one to mention getting gen 3 devices like the PVS-7 that cheap regularly yet I still have not found any deals anywhere less than $1,200 for a gen 3 device. Hell, I was seeing some old Gen 1 surplus scopes on here going for $900+. It's like the prices keep getting higher and higher. Now, a few years ago I saw some pretty decent prices like a PVS-4 Gen 2 for about $800. Those days seem to be long gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top