Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2018 2:05:45 PM EDT
I am looking to add night vision to an Aimpoint PRO I have had for quite some time now

I am not looking to break the bank, but still would like to have something durable and dependable.

Can anyone reccomend a good compatible night vision for the Aimpoint PRO. I want something I can mount on the right directly behind the Aimpoint.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't really go wrong with a used PVS14 off the EE here if you're looking for a budget friendly option that is extremely versatile. Rifle mounted, handheld, or helmet mounted, it does it all

They can be had for $1600-$2200 for a pretty standard example
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I think PVS-14 is going to be your best/most versatile option for mounting to a rifle.  I started out with my PVS-14 behind my red dot, but once all of the good helmet options hit the market I moved it to a helmet and have been using it in conjunction with an IR laser for about 8 years.

Running it helmet mounted is MUCH better than having it weapon mounted.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!  It will be mounted on the rifle and only used there.

I was looking something in the $500-$800 range.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
If you have $800 to throw down on a night optic then save up another $800 and buy the PVS14.

I mean this in the most respectful way possible but you will regret buying Gen 1 or older Gen 2 junk. You are so close to being able to afford the real deal so my advice to you is to just pinch those pennies and save a little longer.

If you're interested you can piece together a PVS14 so it's a little easier than just throwing down $1600+. They're quite simple to put together and the group would be more than happy to help you!
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Go Gen3. You will not regret it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you have $800 to throw down on a night optic then save up another $800 and buy the PVS14.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go Gen3. You will not regret it.
I've got several decades worth of Gen 1 and Gen 2 military issue Russian optics which are quite a bit better than equivalent civilian NV of the same generation, and I can tell you that a Gen 3 PVS14 smokes all of them. It's well worth the money for a used PVS14. You really won't regret it
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
With some sorta rare exceptions, those are junk by themselves. Add extra glass from looking through a day optic on top of it? Forget about it.

Don’t waste your money like most of us did.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Do as others recommended spend money once on a good gen3 unit. There have been a few omni VII for @ 1500

Gen 3 omni IV to VII able to see in the darkest to urban environment without supplemental IR.

Gen2 + Urban to full moon/stars, but suffers in darker conditions without supplemental IR light

Gen2 not as great as Gen2+, but not that far off either.

Spark Core some like it for the price and does ok in urban environments and/or with supplemental IR

Gen1 Dont waste your money possibly slightly better than the naked eye, but is severely out classed by a good flashlight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top