Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2018 10:17:17 AM EDT
Now that I've taken the plunge on a PVS-30, I am still trying to work out which illuminators I can use on which rifles.  I have a TNVC Torch and a Steiner SPIR, and I wonder if I am missing out on any creative mounting solutions.  The Torch can't really go in a typical offset mount with the PVS-30 - too high and tight.  And the SPIR's included mount has the same issue.  Any ideas out there?  Photos would be helpful of course.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Good point - going up on the optic might be a solution.  Does TNVC still sell those SAR ring mounts?  My first search on the site didn't come up with anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Depending on the terrain and range you're going to start seeing the shortcomings of led based illuminators. Look at a Luna and see if you can make it work for you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]
i use my TNVC Torch Pro II alongside my -30 with an old VLTOR offset mount on the RPR and AR-10, even with the 3x magnifier.  i just push the bell of the light ahead of fhe objective of the PVS.  the body of the light is CLOSE to the -30, but theres a few mm of daylight in between.  from the front, the bell of the 3x mag is blocking the objective of the -30 by a bit, but it doesnt show in the view.  being tight as it is to the objective, even with the torch at the narrowest focus, the light spot falls dead on my crosshairs even with the scope at full mag.

You could always go with an optic riser on your handguard rail to increase clearance for your illuminator?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics of the above setup.  They're just cell pics but enough to show how it lines up.    For the record, the view thru the scope is unbelievable!   Much better than the cell captures.  The cattle are at about 300yds, and I've shot yotes from the porch in darkness at 532yds (longest sight line from that spot).  Theres a little more space between the torch and the 30 on the ar10, due to the narrow profile of the RPR handguard.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top