Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2018 11:31:44 PM EDT
I like to occasionally watch videos because I don't know what I don't know. NOT calling the maker of the video out, or suggesting anything, but... you see anything suboptimal in this picture?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope that's not a laser reflecting off his helmet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably just a reflection of the moon or something off of a non-matte surface on his helmet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like to occasionally watch videos because I don't know what I don't know. NOT calling the maker of the video out, or suggesting anything, but... you see anything suboptimal in this picture?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/17550/flagged-662848.JPG
View Quote
Yep, horrible white balance. Looks all green.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of Missed shots, terrible Laser Light Discipline....but thats the SEAL way. However I do not think thats a laser dot, looks more like an illuminator off the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQBAGnPwHgM&t=764s

Ive said it before and I'll say it again....If youre a "Night Vision Instructor" and you dont own Night Vision and must borrow it then youre not a NV instructor.
View Quote
Yes!  Team community purse swinging!  Now we need some Rangers to come in and try to convince us they are actually something other than just army+.

I keed, I keed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any reason he's using a car to cover his legs while keeping his melon so far out of cover?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Why are they using vis lasers in conjunction with NODS?  FFS...
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ive said it before and I'll say it again....If youre a "Night Vision Instructor" and you dont own Night Vision and must borrow it then youre not a NV instructor.
View Quote
owning tools for work has nothing to do with the ability to use them, or the instruction of their use
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
it's a made-for-youtube piece
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
You sure they're VIS?

I was assuming the camera had the IR cut filter removed, and that makes the camera focus assist viewable on the helmet theory work, but it would also pick up the IR LASER's as well.

If not, it's just one more teachable moment in this video...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top