Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2018 1:20:50 PM EDT
So I am pretty blessed, and recently got a bonus as business is good.

So with that said, I am looking to use a little bit of it for fun. My only laser I own right now is an OTAL, so my biggest deficiency is a good laser. I have had a peq-2 in the past and a Dbal i2 that is broken and beyond repair. Mostly for coyote hunting at night or Pigs in the right state. MAWL is really tempting as is the price/value of the Dbal D2. I would say biggest use is hunting, and training coming in a close second. Is there a reason to spend $1500 more to get the MAWL because it is that good, or is it only marginally better. Would love to hear from guys who have experience.

Dbal D2 vs MAWL with primary use for hunting. GO
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Da MAWL IS that good.  No noticeable visible signature vs. IR LED.  MAWL IS the closet you will get to any Class 3B restricted unit without any of the typical, fallen off the truck, cannot get repaired if something goes wrong, along with late night knocks on the door to retrieve restricted kit from those FleaBay sales.  
View Quote
How long is the lead time on FDE units? I will place an order right now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of Fleabay sales, that PEQ-15 from Russia has been there for months. That cannot be legit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I am convinced. Take my money
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Next batch of FDE's will be back on the shelves in approx. 2-3 weeks.  We ran out of our last batch 2 weeks ago.
View Quote
Just got the email, looks like it is closer to 4-6 weeks. But it is coming. I need the FDE taps pro now...BAD. Man, every time I talk to you guys on the phone I buy something else. I need to stop calling.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:47:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess you made up your mind before you posted, but then again  I can't say you made a bad decision either TNVC are good people. Just for ShitsnGrins IMHO for hunting a D2 would have made more sense because the illuminator and laser are about equal in distance/performance of the MAWL and you could have put that money towards a thermal unit. Where the MAWL C1+really shines is in the ability to switch illuminator beam patterns on the fly and the output signature is very faint vs the D2. A lot of people blow the signature of the D2 way out of proportion in a lot of past threads. Before the MAWL it was touted as only being able to be detected at a very small certain angle, now it's described as big as a search light. I guess when the next better thing comes along people will bash the MAWL for not being able to hold zero when removing the battery cap, but I guess that's for a future thread.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:40:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Are you hunting animals that will run into small rooms, then into large areas, then back into small areas facilitating the need to switch between low, mid and high power illuminator?

If no, then you just blew and extra $1500 for no reason.

And to be totally honest this quick change illuminator thing is sorta new. Plenty of bodies and animals have been stacked with regular old illuminators.

Something something solution in search of a problem.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:57:10 AM EDT
[#9]
The mawl wil not just be used for hunting, but I agree with both of you on the fact that it is really not needed solely for a hunting application. In many ways I was only in the market for the D2, and still on the fence somewhat. The one year warranty is , but hoping B.E. Meyers is stand up if anything goes wrong. The beam shift seems to be minimal, and I did not specify the upgraded cap, maybe I should have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top