Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 121
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 2:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coctailer] [#1]
No need to post that you are leaving a thread....
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there an alternative to the Norotos PVS-15/PVS-18 socket adapter that is perpetually out-of-stock? I already have one on backorder, and it's the last piece I need.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:29:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexasBrushHunter] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:
Is there an alternative to the Norotos PVS-15/PVS-18 socket adapter that is perpetually out-of-stock? I already have one on backorder, and it's the last piece I need.
View Quote
@lew

HCC Tactical Sockst
Not affiliated in anyway with HCC tactical.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TexasBrushHunter:
@lew

https://www.hcctac.com/products/quick-change-dovetail-socket?_pos=18&_sid=892df0750&_ss=r

Not affiliated in anyway with HCC tactical.
View Quote
That's where I have it on backorder. Their site didn't mention it, but I got an email after I placed the order.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:37:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AIWB] [#6]
Originally Posted By Pheenixm:

Doesn't surprise me at all. There is a reason that nobody has been able to do good digital night vision in the past 20 years and it is hardly for a lack of trying. Thing many of the folks in this thread don't seem to understand is that development of digital components has slowed exponentially in the past few years; we've hit the limit of Moore's Law and development cycles has become limited by the years of research and classification needed to prepare new materials for market. I say this as someone who has done research on Gallium Nitride - a truly fantastic and energy efficient materials that is just now, roughly 20 years after it's initial use in semiconductor circuitry, making its way into the market in a big way.

Sure, digital is going to continue to slowly and steadily develop over the years, but knowing the industry the way that I do, it will continue to be a slow, plodding, and brutally methodical pace. I honestly feel a little sorry for the folks at Sionyx; they took several existing technologies and put them together into a consumer product in a way that had never been done before, and was cool...but now that they've got a strong following, they're just as limited by the rules of the industry as everyone else is.

There is no magic bullet they can turn to, no groundbreaking development in digital circuitry that can solve the fundamental issue that our semiconductor science just isn't there yet. I hope I'm wrong, and that I have to eat these words when they pull out some unheard of breakthrough — but being that Sionyx is likely using off-the-shelf parts and not running a full semiconductor research laboratory, I am very doubtful they will be able to outpace the industry as a whole.
View Quote
Nvm.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
@mickdonaldson

Can you remind me of the preferred picture/video settings?

Doing a night shoot tomorrow and want to capture some footage.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
@mickdonaldson

Can you remind me of the preferred picture/video settings?

Doing a night shoot tomorrow and want to capture some footage.
View Quote
I recorded a shoot under full moon conditions at 720p/30 with HDR off, and it came out nice. Both color and gray scale.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
not mick but i copied this from someones post.....im sorry i dont remember who.

Tips for setting up SiOnyx camera for helmet use as of 9/14/2019, subject to firmware changes:
1-Use Video mode, set EIS off, FPS to 30, 720p, HDR on
2-Long press the SET button to access the menu, Toggle down to EVF Time Out and set to "Never". Then scroll down to image and set to invert.
3-zoom in 3 clicks for 1:1 view (using the 4 way buttons)
4-turn down viewfinder illumination almost all the way (using the 4 way buttons)

credit to him.

hope it helps.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:39:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R3L04D] [#10]
Originally Posted By killahalee:

Tips for setting up SiOnyx camera for helmet use as of 9/14/2019, subject to firmware changes:
2-Long press the SET button to access the menu, Toggle down to EVF Time Out and set to "Never". Then scroll down to image and set to invert.
4-turn down viewfinder illumination almost all the way (using the 4 way buttons)

credit to him.

hope it helps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

credit to him.

hope it helps.
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

I recorded a shoot under full moon conditions at 720p/30 with HDR off, and it came out nice. Both color and gray scale.
Appreciate you both.  Hoping to have some footage up on Sunday.  There will be 5 of us at a night shoot....I'll have the only Aurora and I believe the only recording device.  So potentially quite a bit of videos and pictures.  Taking two camera batteries and two battery packs  99% moon plus we will be close-ish to a highway so should have a lot of ambient light
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:09:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#11]

Appreciate you both.  Hoping to have some footage up on Sunday.  There will be 5 of us at a night shoot....I'll have the only Aurora and I believe the only recording device.  So potentially quite a bit of videos and pictures.  Taking two camera batteries and two battery packs  99% moon plus we will be close-ish to a highway so should have a lot of ambient light
View Quote
Yea, it should be good man. To be honest, we started before Moon rise, and the video still looks good. Obviously better as the moon rose, but I would rate the two time periods as "Really Good", and "Friggen Awesome".

You can try HDR on if you want. According to a recording engineer on the Airsoft Sionyx FB group - the Aurora has to do more processing, comparing frames, with HDR on, so I figure why make it work harder for a *very* minimal improvement (if you look at the Carpe Nocturnum YouTube channel, he does comparos of HDR On vs Off, There *is* a difference in dark areas - HDR brightens them up a bit - but it's not that dramatic). I figure the less the camera has to work, the better, as long as what I see is good enough to me.

You good as far as "flipping" the video back "right side up" for publishing? I use VLC Player Tools>Effects and Filters>Video Effects>Geometry>Transform/Rotate By 180; Save. Then Media>Convert/Save.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#12]

credit to him.

hope it helps.
View Quote
Thanks for posting that again, couldn't seem to locate it. I have ordered two of the Sports but have a question on the HD vs the Pro. If you were going to order two more, which would they be? I frankly am not seeing "more" with the Pro other than the new sensor at this time and that doesn't seem to be pressing enough to go with two more Pro versions. I'm leaning towards just ordering two more HD versions and wait to see what we see with the Pro's.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cttb] [#13]
Does anyone have a tip for getting an IR light mounted on a helmet rail to sit a little lower? If I could drop where the light sits about an inch, it would square up perfectly with the Aurora.

Also, I recently bought this super duper Chinesium IR/Green laser. Surprisingly, it holds zero through more than 10 rounds of 6.5 Grendel. The mount appears to be the weak link. Until it was torqued sufficiently,  zero shifted. The lasers are bigger than I would like at distance, but oh well. The green laser's windage knob moves the dot opposite of the directional indicator, but I've gotten that on Primary Arms dots too. Each click is about .5 moa, maybe even a little more. It's a coarse tool, but I think it will work for short range hunting.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Blackwind:
Thanks for posting that again, couldn't seem to locate it. I have ordered two of the Sports but have a question on the HD vs the Pro. If you were going to order two more, which would they be? I frankly am not seeing "more" with the Pro other than the new sensor at this time and that doesn't seem to be pressing enough to go with two more Pro versions. I'm leaning towards just ordering two more HD versions and wait to see what we see with the Pro's.
View Quote
I don't think anybody can honestly answer that as nobody has gotten their hands on a Pro yet. As far as I can tell there is only that one comparison video as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By cttb:
Does anyone have a tip for getting an IR light mounted on a helmet rail to sit a little lower? If I could drop where the light sits about an inch, it would square up perfectly with the Aurora.

Also, I recently bought this super duper Chinesium IR/Green laser. Surprisingly, it holds zero through more than 10 rounds of 6.5 Grendel. The mount appears to be the weak link. Until it was torqued sufficiently,  zero shifted. The lasers are bigger than I would like at distance, but oh well. The green laser's windage knob moves the dot opposite of the directional indicator, but I've gotten that on Primary Arms dots too. Each click is about .5 moa, maybe even a little more. It's a coarse tool, but I think it will work for short range hunting.
View Quote
You might look for an offset scope ring. Personally I use cheap scope rings to hold my flashlights and then Mount them to the picatinny rail pieces that slide into the slots on the helmet. You might find one that has some sort of an offset.

in my head I'm trying to envision what you're asking about. Are you talkin about trying to line up a flashlight with the Aurora?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Maverick52:

I don't think anybody can honestly answer that as nobody has gotten their hands on a Pro yet. As far as I can tell there is only that one comparison video as well.
View Quote
If they do ship in April (they were spot on with the Sport pre-orders shipping) and I get the two Pro's by 30 April, I'll have night shooting footage after that weekend. The moon will be:

First quarter
Visible: 58% ↑

Waxing gibbous
Visible: 69% ↑

Wish it was lower, but if it shows up earlier, the 22nd to the 27th is pretty dark.

I have no idea if they are going to release more comparison vids. I was sold after seeing that first one though - any current user knows that digital noise zone, and under what conditions it occurs - up to each individual to decide if it's worth the $399 more than the Sport.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
You might look for an offset scope ring. Personally I use cheap scope rings to hold my flashlights and then Mount them to the picatinny rail pieces that slide into the slots on the helmet. You might find one that has some sort of an offset.

in my head I'm trying to envision what you're asking about. Are you talkin about trying to line up a flashlight with the Aurora?
View All Quotes

I was looking for a picture to show you, and I think I found my answer:

Originally Posted By Tomac:
Originally Posted By hushpuppy:
Anyone have a recommendation for a decent flashlight mount.
I went w/this, works great (QD is nice as well): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NUBQX48/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tomac

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1593/PC260002_JPG-1211742.JPG
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
I have a few of the non-qd versions. Looks like the one you posted is out of stock. Shoot me a PM if you want one, been sitting in the parts bin for years
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By lew:
View Quote
I know! I've been waiting on one for two months!

I found this on one web site.

Shipments of this item are delaying until late February 2020 due to a delay in supply from the manufacturer
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#20]
99% moon, no IR.  0.0 Gain

Roughly 10 yards from the targets

Moon behind some clouds

50 yards from the camera to the barricades, 100 yards to the steel at the berm

Getting ready to fire

Filling mags
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:02:35 AM EDT
[#21]

https://i.imgur.com/A47SoOXh.jpg

Moon behind some clouds
https://i.imgur.com/eqjhFD4h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Yro4X6Zh.jpg

Getting ready to fire
https://i.imgur.com/YdxYIBZh.jpg

Filling mags
https://i.imgur.com/X8JRBqDh.jpg
View Quote
Great shots!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:08:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dapzel] [#22]
Probably answered some where in this long thread but when looking through the view finder.
Does it have the noise shown in these recent pictures? Does using Green or white make a difference?

I'd like to see more photos using the Sionyx and without it turn on for comparisons also
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Moon behind some clouds

Getting ready to fire

Filling mags
View Quote
Awesome pics - thanks for sharing!

I need to find a range that i can shoot at night on. The Amish get a little upset if we’re shooting at night unless we make arrangements with the neighbors first.

What beacons are you using?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dapzel:
Probably answered some where in this long thread but when looking through the view finder.
Does it have the noise shown in these recent pictures? Does using Green or white make a difference?

I'd like to see more photos using the Sionyx and without it turn on for comparisons also
View Quote
Not to speak for joemal but it’s been mentioned that what you see in the viewfinder is much much better than the photos. I’m sure others with first hand experience will comment.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:15:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smokedoff] [#25]
Originally Posted By chaas67:
Not to speak for joemal but it’s been mentioned that what you see in the viewfinder is much much better than the photos. I’m sure others with first hand experience will comment.
View All Quotes

My viewfinder is far more clear than pictures I take.  That’s been a consistent agreement throughout this thread.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Not to speak for joemal but it's been mentioned that what you see in the viewfinder is much much better than the photos. I'm sure others with first hand experience will comment.
View All Quotes

Not to speak for joemal but it's been mentioned that what you see in the viewfinder is much much better than the photos. I'm sure others with first hand experience will comment.
The viewfinder has higher resolution than the output videos and photos. At a technical level, it 100% appears better live than what photos and video show. It's not an opinion or subjective... It's fact.

Awesome pics - thanks for sharing!

I need to find a range that i can shoot at night on. The Amish get a little upset if we're shooting at night unless we make arrangements with the neighbors first.

What beacons are you using?
Personally I use Phoenix Jr strobe. Not sure what others were using. And chem lights
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By f402mech:
I have a few of the non-qd versions. Looks like the one you posted is out of stock. Shoot me a PM if you want one, been sitting in the parts bin for years
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By f402mech:

Thanks for the offer. I bought a non-qd off Amazon for $9 shipped. At that price, it's not worth your time to mail it out to me. It looks like it will do the job just fine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
I've noticed a lot less noise if I'm in either green or white instead of color.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Originally Posted By smokedoff:

My viewfinder is far more clear than pictures I take.  That’s been a consistent agreement throughout this thread.
View Quote
I was thinking that was the case.
thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:

I've noticed a lot less noise if I'm in either green or white instead of color.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Moon behind some clouds

Getting ready to fire

Filling mags
View Quote
That looks familiar.

The video you took looks even better than the pics.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Green is said (in technical reviews I've seen/read) to be just an overlay to mimic Green Phosphor. I tend to agree, to me, it looks like there's a thin layer of Vaseline on the Lens/Screen. But it's probably a very individual thing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Green is said (in technical reviews I've seen/read) to be just an overlay to mimic Green Phosphor. I tend to agree, to me, it looks like there's a thin layer of Vaseline on the Lens/Screen. But it's probably a very individual thing.
View Quote
The green photos I have seen posted seem worse than the color. Can someone post black and white vs color?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By mah827:

The green photos I have seen posted seem worse than the color. Can someone post black and white vs color?
View Quote
Yeah I'd like to see that too.

Actually wouldn't mind seeing green, B&W and color of the same object to compare
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:48:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dapzel] [#36]
Thanks JoeMal

The black and white photos look better to my eyes..
Look forward to the new photos...

Would it be possible to try and get an unaided eye picture along with using IR illumination and without using one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks JoeMal

Would it be possible to try and get an unaided eye picture along with using IR illumination and without using one.
View Quote
From my experience grayscale is much better than color when there isn't much light.
When using an illuminator in color mode it gives everything a purple color.
My take away is use greyscale for everything unless it's not super dark ie lots of moonlight or ambient light from other sources that's when color mode really shines.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By mpatch:
From my experience grayscale is much better than color when there isn't much light.
When using an illuminator in color mode it gives everything a purple color.
My take away is use greyscale for everything unless it's not super dark ie lots of moonlight or ambient light from other sources that's when color mode really shines.
View Quote
Thanks for the tip. The greyscale does look better. I noticed the purple in the link posted earlier in the photos.
I'm waiting on the Pro reviews and probably will get one and do me a helmet set up
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#39]
@dapzel
@mah287

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Sionyx-digital-color-night-vision-camera-legit-alternative-to-a-PVS-14-/18-491313/?page=11#i5093727

Next time I'm out somewhere with it I'll try to do more tests
View Quote
I forgot about those photos. The green looked terrible compared to the color and B&W. Does it look that bad to the eye?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#40]
The Purple'ish tone with IR in Color mode, is a byproduct of different surfaces reflecting IR in different ways - at night. During the day, there is a lot of White. Go to Google Images and type in "IR Photography".

Edit:

IR Images From Google
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#41]
The Purple'ish tone with IR in Color mode, is a byproduct of different surfaces reflecting IR in different ways - at night. During the day, there is a lot of White. Go to Google Images and type in "IR Photography".

Edit:

IR Images From Google
View Quote
I always find it fascinating how different objects appear different colors under IR (whether through phosphor or digital). For example, a spray painted gun vs anodized and different clothing materials. Cool pics!
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#42]

I forgot about those photos. The green looked terrible compared to the color and B&W. Does it look that bad to the eye?
View All Quotes

Not that bad, but it is my least favorite.  In low light, I prefer B&W over color.  But full moon or with IR, color wins

I believe the few times I used green, I lowered the gain so it wasn't so...green.  But meh
Thanks JoeMal

What do you mean "unaided eye picture"?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Not that bad, but it is my least favorite.  In low light, I prefer B&W over color.  But full moon or with IR, color wins

I believe the few times I used green, I lowered the gain so it wasn't so...green.  But meh
What do you mean "unaided eye picture"?
View Quote
Just a reg pix from a camera not using night vision.
How it would look if you didn't have anything and just walked out the door
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks JoeMal

View Quote
IIRC there is some science behind why the black and white looks better. I believe our eyes/brains are able to detect slighter differences in a grey scale than when you have a full gamut of color.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#45]
So, any alternative the Norotos socket to mount the Aurora to a helmet?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R3L04D] [#46]
@dapzel

Not the greatest example, but it's going to have to work.  Not sure when I'll be outdoors to get more of a nature scene at night, out of the city.  I live in the burbs so we have a ton of ambient light outside.  If you want neighborhood shots (neighborhood lighting), I'll do that.

I was going to take some pictures in my backyard, but my security cameras IR lighting can't get you a non-IR shot.

To reiterate, my house was pitch black.  You'll see the Aurora really suffers with no ambient light (Which those of us that have these have been saying since this thread was under 10 pages).  Compare the no-IR picture to my pictures from the other night with a full moon and no IR...

Anyway, here are 4 photos looking down my ~30 yard hallway.  All the lights in the house are off.  Flashlight used is in flood mode, and it's the FandyFire $20 deal off Amazon

In this order...
1. Cell phone, no flash (Samsung Galaxy S8+)
2. Aurora, no IR, color mode (The blue tint in the background must be from a night light I have in the kitchen...my dogs were probably walking around.  Didn't notice that until now)
3. Aurora, IR, color
4. Aurora, IR, B&W

Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#47]
@dapzel

Not the greatest example, but it's going to have to work.  Not sure when I'll be outdoors to get more of a nature scene at night, out of the city.  I live in the burbs so we have a ton of ambient light outside.  If you want neighborhood shots (neighborhood lighting), I'll do that.

I was going to take some pictures in my backyard, but my security cameras IR lighting can't get you a non-IR shot.

To reiterate, my house was pitch black.  You'll see the Aurora really suffers with no ambient light (Which those of us that have these have been saying since this thread was under 10 pages).  Compare the no-IR picture to my pictures from the other night with a full moon and no IR...

Anyway, here are 4 photos looking down my ~30 yard hallway.  All the lights in the house are off.  Flashlight used is in flood mode, and it's the FandyFire $20 deal off Amazon

In this order...
2. Aurora, no IR, color mode (The blue tint in the background must be from a night light I have in the kitchen...my dogs were probably walking around.  Didn't notice that until now)
3. Aurora, IR, color
4. Aurora, IR, B&W

https://i.imgur.com/NdbovQ5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eNa05Q9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iYdnwmJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PEqqYo7.jpg
View Quote
That about sums up my experience.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:10:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dapzel] [#48]
@dapzel

In this order...
3. Aurora, IR, color
4. Aurora, IR, B&W

https://i.imgur.com/NdbovQ5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eNa05Q9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iYdnwmJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PEqqYo7.jpg
View Quote
@JoeMal
THANKS!!!
That's the type of comparison I wanted to see. When ever you get around to outdoors thats fine but those room picts really show the difference I was wondering about and  ..
That b&W/grayscale really looks good.

I appreciate the photos

Are you using a mono or bino config?

At this point I just need for mickdonaldson to do his review of the Pro when it comes out
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#49]

@JoeMal
THANKS!!!
That's the type of comparison I wanted to see. When ever you get around to outdoors thats fine but those room picts really show the difference I was wondering about and  ..
That b&W/grayscale really looks good.

I appreciate the photos

Are you using a mono or bino config?

At this point I just need for mickdonaldson to do his review of the Pro when it comes out
View Quote
I'm using a monocular.

if you want to go back and look at pages 8 through 14 there are several photos that you may be interested in seeing. That's what I did a lot of my initial impression, reviews, photos, etc. I still keep an eye on this thread but don't post a whole lot anymore. It will likely be several weeks if not more before I have the chance to really get out in the woods and take some pictures without all the ambient light that I have where I live.

Again the hallway photos in my post above war in extremely dark conditions where are the Aurora really doesn't do well. again if you go back two pages 8, 9, 10 a lot of us are saying the same thing there is well. I don't know of anyone that really said this could replace a gen 3 analog unit.

Is it capable of performing extremely well? Yes, but in certain circumstances. very little to no ambient light and true night vision will exceed every time but again were talking a $400 unit compared to a $3,000 unit. It's very hard to compare the two from an apples-to-apples point of view.  $400 is referencing the sport model which SiOnyx claims has the same sensor as the original unit that sold for $700, which is what I have.  The sport didn't have GPS and some other features that I'm guessing a lot of hunters and night vision guys wouldn't use.  The pro model from what I understand is seven or eight hundred dollars but they claimed the sensor has been upgraded so who knows how it's going to perform. I haven't really seen any videos to know how it compares to the other units.

To be completely transparent I am happy with the Aurora. What I prefer a white phosphor gen 3? Of course I would. But if I could afford one of those I would have it and wouldn't be in this thread. I think this does a great job filling a niche.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone have any feedback on this IR/visible laser combo?  It appears sold under several names: HR Optics, Ade Advanced Optics, and Osprey. The model # of HG05 stays the same.

Will it hold zero?  Is it durable within reason or junk?

Thanks!

http://www.opticsfactory.com/night-vision/HG05
Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top