Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 121
Posted: 7/25/2018 2:43:28 PM EDT
http://www.recoilweb.com/sionyx-night-vision-camera-at-outdoor-retailer-139870.html#ixzz5MCQW21iE

Has anybody checked these out? I've been waiting to see the digital color night vision in a form factor small enough to be head-mounted. Are we finally there?
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By usaday:

We don't expect to be subjected to and goated into tricky dick deals and various other underhanded sales tactics, in a tech forum.  You first.

Then keep it technical and keep your "deals" to yourself. If you post a "deal" and goat people into it here, then expect a reply not to your liking and others who work and profit for the company in question, participate in its demon salesmanship promotions and its "deals." No deal.

Tell us about the cost benefit analysis and benefits of one model, classic, pro, etc., and firmware versions over the next, and any additional versions or competitor products in the works or expected in the foreseeable.

Out
View Quote

@usaday

Are you a dealer?
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TimJ:
Just wanted to say thank you to all who contributed so much to this thread.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2604/20201101_151002-1664902.jpg
View Quote

Looks great!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:01:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#4]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2604/20201101_151002-1664902.jpg
View Quote

Sweet!

How do you like mono?

Reason I ask is that will be my set up also, as soon as my helmet get's here.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:53:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I also have a single setup. I kinda wish for dual, but not that badly at this point in time.

I have it over on my non-dominant eye. At times I keep closing my dominant eye to focus more on the EV, but most of the time have both of my eyes open.
It's the pirate/primitive night vision tech. One eye is used to the dark in case the device stops working for you.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

You're going to get a lot of questions on what J-Arm you used and still kept the Aurora flat (not tilted) - mind as well post it now
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

You're going to get a lot of questions on what J-Arm you used and still kept the Aurora flat (not tilted) - mind as well post it now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It looks tilted down to me, but could be the angle of the shot and focal length of camera lens making it appear that way.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:33:13 AM EDT
[#8]
honestly black friday deals have been getting worse and worse for the last half decade or so. if there is anything worth getting excited about this year it would shock me and also be sold out instantly. especially on such a niche product as a aurora.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:19:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#9]
Originally Posted By usaday:

We don't expect to be subjected to and goated into tricky dick deals and various other underhanded sales tactics, in a tech forum.  You first.

Then keep it technical and keep your "deals" to yourself. If you post a "deal" and goat people into it here, then expect a reply not to your liking and others who work and profit for the company in question, participate in its demon salesmanship promotions and its "deals." No deal.

Tell us about the cost benefit analysis and benefits of one model, classic, pro, etc., and firmware versions over the next, and any additional versions or competitor products in the works or expected in the foreseeable.

Out
View Quote

LOL, a company charging sales tax is a "tricky dick deal" and/or "underhanded sales tactic" ?!?
That's a solid /
Bravo Zulu, good sir.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Looks like he's somehow been able to swing it up further so that the screw is level, but in for the explanation.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Aaah, I'm just dealing with it for now...LOL

Going to be making an aluminum plate for it later this week, got to pick up the tap and screws Thursday....
View Quote

So it's tilted still?
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#14]
price drop $399, seller middletown outdoors
Amazon Product
  • WORLD'S FIRST ACTION CAMERA WITH COLOR NIGHT VISION: See the night around you in colorful clarity, almost as if it were daytime! Our patented technology enables you to see things the human eye can't, so you can record breathtaking experiences both day and night.
  • NAVIGATE THE OUTDOORS: Mount your Aurora Sport on your boat or kayak, it is water-resistant. See navigational markers, upcoming obstructions and wildlife previously not viewable at night, as long as low-light exists from moonlight or stars. STEER SAFELY with Aurora Sport.
  • REMOTELY VIEW IMAGERY: Use the Aurora smartphone app to remotely view live or record, download and share using time-lapse, WiFi capability. Store adventures on an a 32GB microSD card (not included).

Link Posted: 11/5/2020 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#15]
@mickdonaldson it is, ever so slightly, tilted to one side. it is also tilted down a bit, the whole tube. it works for this week but I wouldn't want to infiltrate Syria with it like this

View Quote

What kind of j-arm is that?
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:06:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TimJ] [#16]
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:15:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#17]
Originally Posted By gaspain:
www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJ86Q8G
View Quote

Amazon charges sales tax... reported for posting up "tricky dick deals" and "underhanded sales tactics"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:

Amazon charges sales tax... reported for posting up "tricky dick deals" and "underhanded sales tactics"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/reportedKlingon-344.gif
View Quote

lolz
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/reportedKlingon-344.gif
View Quote

You're killing me
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Amazon, Canis brand. $38-

if I had paid more attention to this thread I wouldn't have bought it
View Quote

Yeah, friends don't let friends by J-Arms, LOL. Funny thing is, all you'd need to do, is 3-D Print a wedge shaped adapter to interface between the two, and it would work. I can't believe Farrowtech just did a flat one? But I don't 3-D Print - @ gaspain, wouldn't that work?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't think it would, screw still needs to be straight
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#22]
www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJ86Q8G
View Quote

I’m out of the loop, do we FO at this price?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Darcy:

I’m out of the loop, do we FO at this price?
View Quote

Same, I'm looking at setting up duals. Is this buy it now price?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#24]
Attachment Attached File

@f402mech @Darcy
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Thanks, almost looks like its down to "regular" pricing, but I see the Sionyx website has them for $599.

Decisions decisions...
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By f402mech:

Thanks, almost looks like its down to "regular" pricing, but I see the Sionyx website has them for $599.

Decisions decisions...
View Quote

no, regular was "introductory pricing". It is low here today, because it's a 3rd party trying to move inventory. Will go back up. You might get a deal on BF who knows.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck it I fent. Been mad at myself for a long ass time for passing up the introductory pricing.

Spending some of my Trumpbux. Thanks everybody for chipping in 🤡
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 4:37:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#28]
Notice to previous buyers of kilooohm SiOnyx bridges, we have updates! As of now
While this is a little weird, we want to give back to the community and want you to have the best, you are the 3rd arm of this company! We do NOT expect you to buy a full price bridge just for these updates, but it takes actual matter (physical stuff) to make, not like software, so not free but discounted. If you ordered before Nov2 you are up to date and will ship soon.

1: The kiloohm MK2 bridge  It is now evolved to MK2B, which now allows 2 points to mount the dovetail. This gets you 1" more movement towards the eye, helps using a Wilcox L4 G24 arm or if your helmet is weird. And added points to tie USB cables.
2: The kiloohm MK1C bridge now has a cutout on the left side to accommodate the Wilcox L4 G24. Note eye is still not as close as the MK2B gets due to physical limitations.
3: The 1st gen kiloohm MK1, can get the update to MK1C or MK2B. Move your setup to stronger and stiffer carbon fiber polycarbonate, with free shoe.

You do NOT need this update if: you use a Norotos RHNO II arm(common) or CADEX arm(rare)

If you want the updated bridge:
Step 1: Buy new bridge at full price, with a note stating you want to Trade In
Step 2: I will provide return label.
Step 3: I ship new bridge to you.
Step 4: You get new bridge, You send old one back in the small box with return label I sent.
Step 5: I get old bridge back, and refund you 50% off new bridge minus $5 return shipping.
Offer good till Jan 6, 2021. This may take a few weeks to ship, please do not ask when...It will when it is ready 1-2 weeks. USA only.

New MK2B
New MK1C
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone gotten the rebate back from Sionyx yet?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#30]
So just to clarify which model should o get
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:12:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#31]
Notice to previous buyers of kilooohm SiOnyx bridges, we have updates! As of now
While this is a little weird, we want to give back to the community and want you to have the best, you are the 3rd arm of this company! We do NOT expect you to buy a full price bridge just for these updates, but it takes actual matter (physical stuff) to make, not like software, so not free but discounted. If you ordered before Nov2 you are up to date and will ship soon.

1: The kiloohm MK2 bridge  It is now evolved to MK2B, which now allows 2 points to mount the dovetail. This gets you 1" more movement towards the eye, helps using a Wilcox L4 G24 arm or if your helmet is weird. And added points to tie USB cables.
2: The kiloohm MK1C bridge now has a cutout on the left side to accommodate the Wilcox L4 G24. Note eye is still not as close as the MK2B gets due to physical limitations.
3: The 1st gen kiloohm MK1, can get the update to MK1C or MK2B. Move your setup to stronger and stiffer carbon fiber polycarbonate, with free shoe.

You do NOT need this update if: you use a Norotos RHNO II arm(common) or CADEX arm(rare)

If you want the updated bridge and have purchased through Etsy. We will swap out your old version for the new kit for 50% off retail your bridge purchase, you return the old to us or destroy it or send a photo. Just make a note in your purchase stating "50%_Bridge_Previous_buyer" or something we understand, we will cross reference it in Etsy to confirm the previous order, buy full price and we will refund the 50% when we ship, only applies to original purchaser of the MK1, MK1C, and MK2.  Offer good till Jan 6, 2021. This may take a few weeks to ship, please do not ask when...It will when it is ready 1-2 weeks.

New MK2B
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/25567/AssemblyMK2B_png-1673234.JPG

New MK1C
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/25567/IRmount_MK1carbonAssembly_png-1673235.JPG

View Quote

Any way to modify the old MK2 in order to get 1/4" closer to the eyes?

ETA might be easier to do the swap deal.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Has anyone gotten the rebate back from Sionyx yet?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

View Quote

The center spine has to be replaced sorry.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#34]
We will swap out your old version for the new kit for 50% off retail your bridge purchase, you return the old to us or destroy it or send a photo. ... This may take a few weeks to ship, please do not ask when...It will when it is ready 1-2 weeks.
View Quote

This doesn't apply to me in any way, but it sounded like GREAT customer service until I got to the part where folks would be without their bridge for weeks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

When will you start taking orders for the 2B?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DaTrueDave:

This doesn't apply to me in any way, but it sounded like GREAT customer service until I got to the part where folks would be without their bridge for weeks.
View All Quotes
We will swap out your old version for the new kit for 50% off retail your bridge purchase, you return the old to us or destroy it or send a photo. ... This may take a few weeks to ship, please do not ask when...It will when it is ready 1-2 weeks.

Ouch, yeah.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#37]

When will you start taking orders for the 2B?
View Quote

since last week, all new MK2 orders are automatically upgraded to MK2B
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#38]

Ouch, yeah.
View Quote

I would like to do better, but can't have the old ones showing up on ebay.  It takes time to make the new parts, they are made to order. I have changed it to a Trade in program. Edited main post.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#39]

I would like to do better, but can't have the old ones showing up on ebay.  It takes time to make the new parts, they are made to order. I have changed it to a Trade in program. Edited main post.
View All Quotes

Ouch, yeah.

Totally get it. I was trying to think of a suggestion before pointing out how, uh, sorry, but how horrible your idea would be for something that many think of as important equipment.

The only thing I could think of was to have people order and pay the 50% ahead of time and then notify them when it's ready to ship and they can give you your proof of destruction or mail it back, and then you send them the new part. At least that's just a matter of a few days without their bridge instead of a few weeks.

But that sounds like a logistical nightmare to me.

I think that a refund process for 50% of the cost might be easier?

Again, great idea to take care of your customers like this, but the devil's in the details.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:00:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#40]

Totally get it. I was trying to think of a suggestion before pointing out how, uh, sorry, but how horrible your idea would be for something that many think of as important equipment.

The only thing I could think of was to have people order and pay the 50% ahead of time and then notify them when it's ready to ship and they can give you your proof of destruction or mail it back, and then you send them the new part. At least that's just a matter of a few days without their bridge instead of a few weeks.

But that sounds like a logistical nightmare to me.

I think that a refund process for 50% of the cost might be easier?

Again, great idea to take care of your customers like this, but the devil's in the details.
View Quote

I removed the destruction option, don't want anyone to get hurt.

There is no reason to be without a bridge now.
Step 4: You get new bridge, You send old one back in the small box with return label I sent.
Step 5: I get old bridge back, and refund you 50% off new bridge minus $5 return shipping.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

So I take it that the new mounts are a bit stronger than the old? I have the first gen but it's always seemed a bit... Weak and flexy. Have a hard time keeping everything right even with loc tite as well. Does this upgrade solve any of these issues?
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#42]
Originally Posted By 300Blackout_Drunk:

So I take it that the new mounts are a bit stronger than the old? I have the first gen but it's always seemed a bit... Weak and flexy. Have a hard time keeping everything right even with loc tite as well. Does this upgrade solve any of these issues?
View Quote

Yes, the new bridges are made of carbon fiber polycarbonate aka black aluminum.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Sounds good.  A logistical nightmare for you, but great for your customers.

Like I said initially, this is a fantastic position for a retailer to have.  Supporting your existing customers like this encourages loyalty.  I think if I ever stop just reading about this stuff and start buying it, I'll be buying from you!
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

If you're comparing Mk2 to Mk1, then I can vouch that the Mk2 are significantly more rigid. There is WAY less "wiggle" between all the parts of the mount and the cameras than the first version had. I was kind of disappointed with how much I had to fiddle with the Mk1 mount to keep everything in line, but with the Mk2 mount I have not had any such issue.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Sionyx has the sport white model for 399 now as pre black Friday  sale
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I saw on Amazon, the Sport isn't weapons rated.  Is that going to be a real concern on a 5.56 AR?

I did see that battery life is not very good.  Any users here ever really see what battery life is like?  I don't mind swapping batteries every once in a while, but it still needs to be able to work for at least a little bit.

I'm just curious if it's really worth the additional $300 or so to go to the Tactical Black version.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Usernames] [#47]
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:
I saw on Amazon, the Sport isn't weapons rated.  Is that going to be a real concern on a 5.56 AR?

I did see that battery life is not very good.  Any users here ever really see what battery life is like?  I don't mind swapping batteries every once in a while, but it still needs to be able to work for at least a little bit.

I'm just curious if it's really worth the additional $300 or so to go to the Tactical Black version.
View Quote

I dont see much need to use it on weapon. Watch some vids and doesnt seem to work that well, seemingly because external ir illum makes the night vision setting of a red dot too low, and turning up the red dot makes it too bright /bloom/flare. Though I have not used my Aurora black on the gun yet to verify these things.

Battery life does seem short. I just did a night land nav course inMontana. After a couple hours the battery was done. I had plugged in a USB battery pack but it got unplugged on a branch and I didn't realize it. I plugged it back in and let it charge from the external battery pack for an hour and then used it for another 4 hours or so successfully and still had battery life at the end (from the external pack).Batt pack

90degree USB cable

.Cheap ir light worked well outside on Montana hills

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By patchouli:
Sionyx has the sport white model for 399 now as pre black Friday  sale
View Quote

Think they'll go to 300$ like last year black Friday?
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:53:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#49]
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:

View Quote

Big Boy Rules - if recoil kills it, and they have a way to know that, you bought a paperweight. Stock battery is 1100mAh for about 2ish+ hours (never tested it). There are 1600mAh NP-50 batteries on Amazon, that can extend that. An Anker 15K mAh pack will run a single for over 24. I also imagine you can get a super tiny 5K pack that you could weapon mount - like they do with Thermals.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 3:19:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 300Blackout_Drunk] [#50]

View All Quotes

Awesome! I'm really stoked that you're offering this, I was kind of disappointed in the first mount and was looking for something stronger. Which version do you recommend if you're never planning on running duals?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top