Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2018 1:10:01 PM EDT
Hi again guys, i've done my first purchase of a GSCI PVS-14C with a GA1+ tube, I will do a review of it for you guys.

But one thing I find strange is that GSCI doesn't respond to emails where I ask for info on the GA1+ tube, just FOM.
Also when I called to ask who has produced these tubes, the one who answered he did not know.
"We have photonics tube, and other suppliers of tubes, but i dont know who they are".

Edit: I got a response, its a Kato tube, and I will do a review as soon as I get it :)
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
they might have thought you were another dealer fishing for info etc.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Saying "Russian" or "Chinese" along with night vision equipment components is often taken by the market as being the same as "We're getting this stuff for free and selling it for thousands of dollars and lying about it's performance levels"...

It's not taboo - it just makes things sound overpriced and underperforming.

Which isn't the case at all as often Russian and Chinese tubes can be pretty good. But there have been examples of performance specification exaggeration.

Sometimes pleading ignorance is a better choice than full disclosure.

David
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#3]
unreliability of Russian PSUs is another aspect to consider.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would a Russian made tube have a US State Department export classification?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Because it entered the US would be an obvious reason.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
State Department doesn't control US imports, only exports.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
But once it's inside the US, it's another matter. It's immediately subject to export controls even if it never leaves the country.

Probably because of all the "Deemed Export" laws.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I finally got a response, it is Katod, and im exited to be able to test it out in a comparison.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
But once it's inside the US, it's another matter. It's immediately subject to export controls even if it never leaves the country.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it depends on how you're looking at it. Sure, it is subject to export controls if you try to export it/transfer it to foreigners. But as long as it is within the United States under the control of US Citizens, State Department has no legal authority of any sort regarding the device.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I finally got a response, it is Katod, and im exited to be able to test it out in a comparison.
View Quote
Looking forward to your impressions of it. :)
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I guess it depends on how you're looking at it. Sure, it is subject to export controls if you try to export it/transfer it to foreigners. But as long as it is within the United States under the control of US Citizens, State Department has no legal authority of any sort regarding the device.
View Quote
You really out to brush up on what a "deemed export" is... Just talking to someone inside the US can be a "deemed export".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top