Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2018 10:32:47 AM EDT
Well I guess I get to test out Trijicons warranty my 2 year old Patrol 100 battery housing pulled out and small wire that connects battery housing broke

Not a major issue small things can happen like this. I love this Patrol use it all the time going to suck not having it while it’s off to be repaired.

Has any one returned a IRD unit there? How was the service and repair time?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
My experience with them was good with a quick turnaround.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#2]
My experience with the warranty was much better AFTER trijicon took over . Side note, that’s something I’ve never heard of happening.  Was there something threaded that broke off inside?  Of did the whole sleeve just come out with the battery? Looks like it’s a pressed fitting, but I can’t see how you could ground the unit with a pressed bushing.....
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My experience with the warranty was much better AFTER trijicon took over . Side note, that’s something I’ve never heard of happening.  Was there something threaded that broke off inside?  Of did the whole sleeve just come out with the battery? Looks like it’s a pressed fitting, but I can’t see how you could ground the unit with a pressed bushing.....
View Quote
It appears to slide press fit and epoxy  also.

There is a  red small wire that attached at back which broke guess when it twisted after being loose. It came loose when I was removing cap to replace battery nothing out of normal I figure it was just a wear and tear thing.

I’ve owned MK I’s, MK II’s, now MK III,Reaper and Patrol this is my first issue I had to return for as these Trijicon/IRD systems are work horses. That said anything man made can have a issue.

Also I like the sound of  better service after the buy out  ;)
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had my IRD mark 2 scope in to trijicon twice for that exact same thing.

About a four week door to door transaction.

Incidentally, I wish the outer battery compartment were threaded to allow an oversized battery cap to screw down onto the outside of the housing so that it'll hold that somebitch in there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to update I emailed Trijicon for a RMA and they had it to me ASAP with a paid return shipping label. I mailed  the Patrol  had email when it arrived, another email they had inspected the product and it would be fixed under warranty. Last , a email it shipped back to me all with a week

Trijicon serviced and cleaned everything, installed a complete new updated battery housing and fixed a couple bad screen pixels. I see where Trijicon changed the Patrol battery housing design and now notched the battery tube and housing so there is no way it can move again.

Very happy with Trijicon customer service 10 out of 10 makes me glad I bought all my Trijicon thermal scopes now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I was pleased with Trijicon warranty repair.
They do state right out loud that working cops and military and certain others get top priority, so I disclaimed any importance so as to avoid that consideration.
They paid shipping both directions and took about a month or two to get my (heavily) repaired scope back to me.

Like you, I use mine all the time. I did miss it.
Trijicon fixed it up  just fine and updated the firmware to latest version.
That firmware change introduced a few changes I like and a couple I don't care for much, and there seems to be no support link that fully explains the change log and outlining current functions.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was pleased with Trijicon warranty repair.
They do state right out loud that working cops and military and certain others get top priority, so I disclaimed any importance so as to avoid that consideration.
They paid shipping both directions and took about a month or two to get my (heavily) repaired scope back to me.

Like you, I use mine all the time. I did miss it.
Trijicon fixed it up  just fine and updated the firmware to latest version.
That firmware change introduced a few changes I like and a couple I don't care for much, and there seems to be no support link that fully explains the change log and outlining current functions.
View Quote
A month vs two months is materially different.  Can you determine close to exact time?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 2:00:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Regarding this question:
"A month vs two months is materially different. Can you determine close to exact time?"

It depends.
If you count the days to request an RMA, get an answer, receive a shipping label, ship to Trijicon, and receive the package after they ship.
It was 2 months. Those days and activities take time.

If you don't count that folderol, it was just about 6 weeks.

But, as I said, if YOU are an important customer or claim to be, you get priority service. How that stacks up time-wise I do not know.. I made no such claim and was happy enough to get my rig fixed by the guys who built it and at no cost to me.
I have no complaints.

IRD under IRD control never answered a single email I ever sent them. IRD under Trijicon Customer Support was right on the ball.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I had to send in my PTS233 to Flir for a repair back in March. I had the RMA form the same day I requested, and it took them 14 days to repair. They overnight shipped it back to me at no cost to me resulting in a turnaround total of 15 days. I know Flir gets a lot of shit for customer service issues, but that is pretty damn hard to beat. And this just could be the exception, not the rule. But that has been my experience with Flir anyway.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Regarding this question:
"A month vs two months is materially different. Can you determine close to exact time?"

It depends.
If you count the days to request an RMA, get an answer, receive a shipping label, ship to Trijicon, and receive the package after they ship.
It was 2 months. Those days and activities take time.

If you don't count that folderol, it was just about 6 weeks.

But, as I said, if YOU are an important customer or claim to be, you get priority service. How that stacks up time-wise I do not know.. I made no such claim and was happy enough to get my rig fixed by the guys who built it and at no cost to me.
I have no complaints.

IRD under IRD control never answered a single email I ever sent them. IRD under Trijicon Customer Support was right on the ball.
View Quote
Yes, Triji is quite the CS upgrade
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top