Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2018 3:30:20 PM EDT
Looking for a weapon mounted ir laser to use with my helmet mounted pvs14. I can’t hunt in my state with it so it’ll just be used for steel and paper playing around. Was considering the otal but if the holoson ls117 wouldn’t disappoint me and I could save a couple hundred that’d be great. Has anyone used one and been happy?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My vote is for the OTAL.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My vote is for the OTAL.
View Quote
+1
The green laser.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a Google search on the Holosun, a lot of users have had problems from the switch, not holding zero and just not working.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried googling the holoson and couldn’t find much off anything. Probably just order the otal.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
CQBL can be found for ~$650 occasionally
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do a Google search on the Holosun, a lot of users have had problems from the switch, not holding zero and just not working.
View Quote
I tried to search for those threads and couldnt find them. Do you have any links or specifics websites I can check?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#7]
No issues with the Holosun... yet. It seems like a good unit, but time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CQBL can be found for ~$650 occasionally
View Quote
Own three and love them. Vital-2 is cost effective as well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 3:23:12 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
I didnt see a review of any of the Holosun lasers on there either. Just an optic I already did not like. All the Holosun laser reviews I have read have been positive.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
OTAL. I have one and it works great for a budget laser.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I didnt see a review of any of the Holosun lasers on there either. Just an optic I already did not like. All the Holosun laser reviews I have read have been positive.
View Quote
I really don't know if their mounting bases are all the same, but if they are...that would be a deal breaker for their laser.

I have a couple of these STREAMLIGHT TLR-2 IR units. IR laser and illuminator. I like mine.

Good luck which ever way you go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top