Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2018 10:16:39 PM EDT
I’m looking to start piecing together a NV setup, Any options for large headed guys, I’m 6’4” and wear a 8 1/4-3/8 hat, reviewing all of the major brand styles mot stop at traditional sizing less than size 8. I bought a PT A-bravo as sizing seemed to be large enough but still is very tight and the nub that comes down in front of the ears lands on my ears.  Any other options?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for info. I'd like to know also.

And OP, where did you order your PT A-Bravo from?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
http://protechelmet.com

Took them almost 2 weeks to ship and they didn’t have the color I wanted or rails.  During my search after I bought it, I saw a post or 2 about them not being reliable at times.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Took them almost 2 weeks to ship and they didn’t have the color I wanted or rails.  During my search after I bought it, I saw a post or 2 about them not being reliable at times.
View Quote
Yeah, I put an order in a week ago and hadn't heard anything back from them, so I shot them an email to cancel my order. Haven't heard back from that either. They haven't charged my card, so its all good. Just curious if there was a reliable source for those helms, as I'd like to start with a bump helmet so I can use it for bike riding. I got a bike recently and haven't ridden in 20 years, I i figured a dual purpose helm would be nice. I saw a couple PT A-Bravos on the EE, but they are medium size, I have an XL grape.

I just bought a PVS-7 from a member here and need some way to hang it off my head. My brother is loaning me his PASGT helmet for now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:
One possible option might be to try to find a surplus ACH in XXL.

Unfortunately, it's not always easy to get these XXL helmets from manufacturers even if they will accept a special order for non-standard sizing as in many cases you have to wait for them to be produced, many companies won't even accept single special orders from individuals.

The "advantage" of the ACH is that so many of them have been made over the years that there are some floating around that have been made in XXL sizes that occasionally show up surplus--not as many as mediums and larges, obviously, hahaha, but they're out there, and very often they'll go for fairly cheap as the market is so small for them.

~Augee
View Quote
OP, if you take the path Augee suggested and would like to get rid of your PT helmet, shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, what pads are you using? The stock PT pads suck, IMO. I bought an XL for my buddy to use and he likes the pads I have in it now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One possible option might be to try to find a surplus ACH in XXL.

Unfortunately, it's not always easy to get these XXL helmets from manufacturers even if they will accept a special order for non-standard sizing as in many cases you have to wait for them to be produced, many companies won't even accept single special orders from individuals.

The "advantage" of the ACH is that so many of them have been made over the years that there are some floating around that have been made in XXL sizes that occasionally show up surplus--not as many as mediums and larges, obviously, hahaha, but they're out there, and very often they'll go for fairly cheap as the market is so small for them.

~Augee
View Quote
Thanks for the info

Quoted:
OP, what pads are you using? The stock PT pads suck, IMO. I bought an XL for my buddy to use and he likes the pads I have in it now.
View Quote
Stock, any suggestions on other pads?
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
this is what i bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MILITARY-ARMY-ACH-MICH-LWH-8-PC-Foam-Pad-Set-4pt-H-CHIN-STRAP-Retrofit-Kit-/392066106753?hash=item5b48f60581

the helmet is a little too big for me, but my buddy has worn it a couple times and seems likes it.  we aren't oper8ors, but mainly hunting and walking around.  oh, the screws are too long to use with a PT helmet, so be mindful of that.

YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top