Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2018 10:24:47 AM EDT
Yesterday, after having my Pinnacle Pvs-14 for a whopping 2 months, I dove in and ordered a new Sentinel. Since I'm still keeping my 14, I need something to keep them and all associated accessories in that offers more protection than the soft cases they come with. I figured a Pelican case with the pick & pluck foam will work but you guys might have a better idea. Also interested to see how other people have stuff organized when there's multiple devices in a case.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Sams club pelican style case for $20 is hard to beat otherwise harbor freight Apache cases are not bad ether. Plenty of room for my new goggles getting built right now.

Link Posted: 7/1/2018 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
This is an old pic, but I have the ammo box from MTM. I hot glued some padding in it. You can't see the lid, but that also has padding. It looks basically like this. Room for 2 binoc, mounts, batteries and other small things.

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Not exactly night vision, but my FLIR Breach came in a very large hard case that's very nice, but way too big if I'd want to bring the Breach along on a hike or something. I wanted a smaller case, something small enough I could throw in a pack but still offer some protection.

Ended up with a Pelican 1050. Works awesome.

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got my PVS-14 in the Pelican 1120 case.  It centered nicely in the pick and pluck foam.

You looking for 1 case to carry everything or keeping them separate?

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not exactly night vision, but my FLIR Breach came in a very large hard case that's very nice, but way too big if I'd want to bring the Breach along on a hike or something. I wanted a smaller case, something small enough I could throw in a pack but still offer some protection.

Ended up with a Pelican 1050. Works awesome.

https://i.imgur.com/2SyC5Vu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RWmJIrg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZNUPqDY.jpg
View Quote
Is that the one I recommended in the other thread?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is that the one I recommended in the other thread?
View Quote
You had mentioned that the Otterbox was discontinued, so I didn't bother trying to find one. However you also had mentioned that Pelican might make something comparable, that's what this is. Not expensive either, I think the case was like $26 plus $4-5 for the pick & pluck foam. I love the result.

I posted pics in the other thread as well.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've got my PVS-14 in the Pelican 1120 case.  It centered nicely in the pick and pluck foam.

https://i.imgur.com/23yX77j.jpg
View Quote
I'll be keeping everything minus helmet in one case for storage and transport. Whatever case I use will spend a lot of time sitting in the passenger seat of my cruiser in a bag with my helmet when I'm on duty. Both the sentinels and 14 will be with me on duty as there are entirely too many times where I'm the only one on scene with NV...read always since neither mine or any surrounding dept gives NV to non-swat guys. Another person scanning with the ability to see in the dark would be helpful a lot of times.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/23yX77j.jpg
View Quote
Thank you for posting this.  I just bought an 1120 based off your picture.  They are on sale at Amazon for only $24.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thank you for posting this.  I just bought an 1120 based off your picture.  They are on sale at Amazon for only $24.
View Quote
no problem - it is worth every bit of $24 for this case.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
no problem - it is worth every bit of $24 for this case.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#11]
If you need another.   The Apache cases, pelican nick off, are always on sale at harbor freight.   They work great too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you need another.   The Apache cases, pelican nick off, are always on sale at harbor freight.   They work great too.
View Quote
Don’t take this the wrong way, but when you can get the real deal for $25, I don’t see why anybody would skimp.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don’t take this the wrong way, but when you can get the real deal for $25, I don’t see why anybody would skimp.
View Quote
The Apache cases aren't that bad - I rock almost all Pelicans, but for a cheap gear case, I've seen worse. The foam smells bad and the pull and pluck is a cut poorly, so sometimes you might pluck and it comes out less clean than the foam on a Pelican. However, I've also had the pressure valves on numerous Pelican cases snap off, so they aren't indestructible, either.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Any recommendation for a pelican to fit a PVS14, mount and nightcap?  Will the 1150 work?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Look what you guys made me do!
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any recommendation for a pelican to fit a PVS14, mount and nightcap?  Will the 1150 work?
View Quote
This should give you a good idea on size. the larger is an 1150 and the other an 1120.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This should give you a good idea on size. the larger is an 1150 and the other an 1120.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138939/20180724_144229-618064.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138939/20180724_144147-618062.jpg
View Quote
@fulautotank
Which size do you think would fit a PVS14 with nightcap and mounts?  I was about to get an 1120 until I saw your post and thought I should ask.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@fulautotank
Which size do you think would fit a PVS14 with nightcap and mounts?  I was about to get an 1120 until I saw your post and thought I should ask.
View Quote
I think the 1150 would fit the pvs14 and mounts just fine but I'm not sure how much space the night cap will take.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I got these cases for my PVS-14s at Harbor Freight for $15.

Link Posted: 7/28/2018 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I started out with Pelican cases for some of my handguns, then discovered the Hardigg storm cases. They're much better than Pelican cases. Shortly thereafter, Pelican bought out Hardigg, so they're under the Pelican label. They are almost the same case as the Pelican, but, the big difference is that Pelican cases usually have latches that are extremely tight and stiff (difficult) to open. The Hardigg cases have a push button inside the latch, you grab the latch as usual and just push the button and the latch opens without any resistance. And for pressurized aircraft cargo holds, they have pressure valves to prevent damage to the case if the external pressure changes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I started out with Pelican cases for some of my handguns, then discovered the Hardigg storm cases. They're much better than Pelican cases. Shortly thereafter, Pelican bought out Hardigg, so they're under the Pelican label. They are almost the same case as the Pelican, but, the big difference is that Pelican cases usually have latches that are extremely tight and stiff (difficult) to open. The Hardigg cases have a push button inside the latch, you grab the latch as usual and just push the button and the latch opens without any resistance. And for pressurized aircraft cargo holds, they have pressure valves to prevent damage to the case if the external pressure changes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is an old pic, but I have the ammo box from MTM. I hot glued some padding in it. You can't see the lid, but that also has padding. It looks basically like this. Room for 2 binoc, mounts, batteries and other small things.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204013/IMG_20180127_103612214-593574.jpg
I agree.  Plus the carry handle on my Storm case folds down.  My pelican does not.  Being able to fold the handle has helped during transit a few times.  It's the little things ya know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top