Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2018 3:44:20 PM EDT
Is relatively low-cost (not Airsoft crap)

High cut to use with earpro

Can accept a Rhino mount

Relatively lightweight - don't need ballistic protection, but should still be a decent bump helmet.

Can accept a counterweight

Does NOT need to be maritime rated in terms of the foam padding used.

Is Pro-tec the best option out there still? I have one of their full bump helmets with the foam for maritime use, bought it for my Gopro on a jetboat adventure, but I can't use earpro with it, and it doesn't have the screws that most counterweight packs use for attachment.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I had great success with the Ops Core bump helmet.

Can used the same pads as their carbon and ballistic variants, as well as accessories.

They're so cheap on the used market, I didn't bother ask anything for mine. I just gave it away about 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had great success with the Ops Core bump helmet.

Can used the same pads as their carbon and ballistic variants, as well as accessories.

They're so cheap on the used market, I didn't bother ask anything for mine. I just gave it away about 2 weeks ago.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If you plan to spend real time under the helmet I urge you to go for comfort above all else and that does not always equate to "cheap" or "low cost".
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you plan to spend real time under the helmet I urge you to go for comfort above all else and that does not always equate to "cheap" or "low cost".
View Quote
I won't be. Fun every once in awhile with night vision. Some of us are just, well... posers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want ballistic helmet, 3m has some very reasonable options.
I just bought a 3M ballistic from Botach tactical.
It took about 4-6 weeks to make it. Costs are about 350-550 depending on which options you want, and what chin strap you want.
The padding it comes with is decent, but I'd recommend upgrading to 4D pads or Team wendy pads, theres a few options.

https://www.botach.com/3m-combat-high-cut-ballistic-helmet-w-d30-blunt-trauma-force-7-pad-system/

They have all the options to choose from, size, color, side rails, NVG acceptable mount.
They have nicer ones that are lighter, but they range from like 850-950.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a used Ops core or Team Wendy. Protech is fine, but upgrade the pads and suspension.

Have you looked into the Crye nightcap?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Ceradyne/3M high cut that I upgraded the pads to the USGI 3/4" pads and a Ops Core H harness. I have no problem wearing mine for long periods of time and find that it's very stable. You can find many different ways to attach a counter weight to your helmet with Velcro being the most common method. I use a combo of Velcro and hold down bungees anchored to my ARC rail/helmet strap anchor points.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top