Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/10/2018 4:28:42 AM EDT
I'm ready to place an order for a MAWL from TNVC... I already have a nice surefire that will fit nicely on the MK18 rail with it for a white light.

Is there ANY reason I should order a DBAL A4 instead?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm ready to place an order for a MAWL from TNVC... I already have a nice surefire that will fit nicely on the MK18 rail with it for a white light.

Is there ANY reason I should order a DBAL A4 instead?
View Quote
Heads up, they’re not in stock and it could be 2 months before they’re back. Not a knock on TNVC, literally everyone is sold out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First post nails it.

Finest civilian laser on the market, better than several full power lasers for most applications.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nope
First post nails it.

Finest civilian laser on the market, better than several full power lasers for most applications.
Agree 100%
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It sucks that it can take that long, but I chuckle remembering the haters saying "these will never sell, they is no reason to charge that much etc. etc."

Amazing laser, nothing it cant do. I personally own 2.
View Quote
Of course they sell.....when you get four in stock every two months.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi Folks, I don’t post too much here but I’ve been in the same boat for a while debating on what my first laser should be considering this is my first dance with NV.

Purchased a set Mini BNVD’s L3 Filmless WP and really had my heart set on a full powered PEQ15.

I read a 5 page pissing battle on this forum about some guy pooping on the MAWL and defending the Full Power PEQ15.  TNVC, and rightfully so, had none of it especially given this guy never actually used a MAWL.

After doing my research obsessively, I concluded that MAWL really was the way to go.

Most video through NV i found is garbage but TNVC has some type of instructional video and in Part 2, around the 30min mark, there is actually excellent footage of the MAWL’s Illuminator and even compared to a full power PEQ15 and Civi DBAL.

Let’s say that the deal was done after that. The full power PEQ15 has a very powerful pointer, but the reality is that can also be a drawback in certain situations.  The Illuminator on the MAWL was simply unreal and so clean without weird spots and shadows, which the other two devices clearly presented.  Instant switching from CQB to long, I think is unreal. Focusing just looks like a pain in the ass and inefficient.

The comments from the person filming still indicated the vid doesn’t do it justice so I’m just patiently waiting for my FDE MAWL to ship, apparently at the end of this month!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

So you have access to our purchase orders and how many TNVC is contracted to receive every month? Man thats great would you mind helping out with the phones
View Quote
DDDDDDDAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So you have access to our purchase orders and how many TNVC is contracted to receive every month? Man thats great would you mind helping out with the phones
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will work for MAWL.....

Link Posted: 5/11/2018 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the input everyone.

I ordered one.  Figure I'll be waiting for a while, but as long as I waited for my mtek ballistic, how bad can this be?
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

NOT that bad, that I can tell ya.
View Quote
Still looking like 8 or so weeks?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Still looking like 8 or so weeks?
View Quote
As far as my order for an FDE and the follow up email stating approx 8 weeks and asking if thats ok, (of course it is), yes about 8 or so weeks.

ETA Email was yesterday Fri 5/11
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm issued a full power PEQ-15 at work and paid full retail for a MAWL C+ to use instead because it is that much better.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm issued a full power PEQ-15 at work and paid full retail for a MAWL C+ to use instead because it is that much better.
View Quote
I see a lot of people repeating this sentiment since the switching, illumination, and visible laser are better on the MAWL than the PEQ-15. The only real advantage seems to be the laser. Are there any instances other than designating targets where the more powerful laser would be useful? In high-ambient light settings (street lights, etc) would the stronger laser be anymore useful?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#18]
My full power PEQ-15 is virtually worthless for any targeting due to extreme bloom, whereas my MAWL is totally worth it all the time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I see a lot of people repeating this sentiment since the switching, illumination, and visible laser are better on the MAWL than the PEQ-15. The only real advantage seems to be the laser. Are there any instances other than designating targets where the more powerful laser would be useful? In high-ambient light settings (street lights, etc) would the stronger laser be anymore useful?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lasoing for signaling and identification maybe?  Having used PEQ-4C's, PEQ-2A's, and PEQ15's as an Army grunt for 22 years and PEQ-15's and the MAWL C+ as a cop, I haven't encountered a time in CONUS LE work that I wish I had my PEQ-15 on my rifle vs the MAWL.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm 3 weeks into my wait for a tan MAWL.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lasoing for signaling and identification maybe?  Having used PEQ-4C's, PEQ-2A's, and PEQ15's as an Army grunt for 22 years and PEQ-15's and the MAWL C+ as a cop, I haven't encountered a time in CONUS LE work that I wish I had my PEQ-15 on my rifle vs the MAWL.
View Quote
Thank you for sharing your experience, sounds like the MAWL is definitely the way to go then since you're not giving up anything to the PEQ and only getting better features/specs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Punching through windows to illuminate what's inside of a room or car, fog, street/bright lights, and if you had a LA-5 the visible Hi Power setting will do the same during daylight hours. Most of the reasons will be geared for Mil/SWAT or "SKYPUP" work

One more great feature of the MAWL that usually is not mentioned is your zero one laser and your also zero the other laser and illuminator automatically.

One of the biggest downside to a high power laser is the beam can easily be traced back to the source.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm 3 weeks into my wait for a tan MAWL.
View Quote
It's here!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Need to order lower pro BUIS, as the MAWL does not jive with the MBUS. Anyone know if it works with the MBUS Pros?
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Who wants to buy my atpial so I can buy a MAWL?
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I really hope that means mine will show up in 3 more weeks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 3:21:05 AM EDT
[#28]
You didn't get the upgraded tail cap?
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 3:47:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
They changed the tail cap?
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 6:22:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They changed the tail cap?
View Quote
Yes you can get the upgrade when you order a mawl 100 dollars more.

If you have to order it by itself later it’s more expensive.

It basically makes it to where the mawl can’t come apart when changing the battery by adding a thread off battery cap.

Also avoids any potential zero shift when changing batteries.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yes you can get the upgrade when you order a mawl 100 dollars more.

If you have to order it by itself later it’s more expensive.

It basically makes it to where the mawl can’t come apart when changing the battery by adding a thread off battery cap.

Also avoids any potential zero shift when changing batteries.
View Quote
So, the $2500 laser requires a $100 extra part so that it won't potentially come apart or lose zero when changing the battery?  I came really close to buying one of these a couple months ago but could not justify it over what I already have.  That would've been a bit irritating to find all that out after spending enough to buy another PVS-14.  I guess most products aren't perfect right out of the gate, but that is a lot of money for a laser to be needing extra $ to solve a problem.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#33]
while I would love to have a MAWL instead of spending all that money on one laser I guess im the guy that would rather buy two ATPIAL-C's than one MAWL for the same price.

im very happy with my ATPIAL-C
since I have changed from a quad rail to a BCM MCMR rail I dont need to run a tape switch to reach the fire button either.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Didn't see it as an option when I ordered it.. hope there isn't a huge shift when changing out the battery, that would be really annoying.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
while I would love to have a MAWL instead of spending all that money on one laser I guess im the guy that would rather buy two ATPIAL-C's than one MAWL for the same price.

im very happy with my ATPIAL-C
since I have changed from a quad rail to a BCM MCMR rail I dont need to run a tape switch to reach the fire button either.
View Quote
I have an ATPIAL-C as well, but found that it wasn't always enough illumination out to the distances I wanted to shoot. The ATPIAL-C will stay on the SBR, and this will move around between rifles that I am shooting longer distance.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 2:15:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Didn't see it as an option when I ordered it.. hope there isn't a huge shift when changing out the battery, that would be really annoying.
View Quote
I haven't noticed ANY shift. These have been on the market for awhile, and can't say i've ever seen any people that actually have one complaining about huge zero shifts or the thing falling apart when changing the battery out.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I haven't noticed ANY shift. These have been on the market for awhile, and can't say i've ever seen any people that actually have one complaining about huge zero shifts or the thing falling apart when changing the battery out.
View Quote
I did learn from a B.E. Myers rep that they recommend torquing the battery compartment screw to around 20 inch pounds and then adding a witness mark so that it's consistent every time you change a battery to prevent any change in zero.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#40]
does anyone know if the mawl, in the right handed configuration, too tall in the 45 degree direction in relation to the bore to use a KAC 45 degree offset sight behind it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#41]
New tail cap.

I have a burkett offset mount with my MRDS and the dot barely clears the mawl.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine will be here Friday.  Its gonna go on my LWRC Six8 A5 paired with my Trijicon Reap IR.  I currently have a DBAL D2 on this rifle and cant imagine the MAWL will be that much better.  The D2 is pretty impressive.

I plan to put the Dbal on my other pig rifle LWRC IC DI in .300 blkout paired with a FLIR PTS233.  Going out tonight to have more fun.  "Here piggy piggy"

I use a  set TNVC WP Sentinels on Ops core bump to stalk to within a hundred of so meters then either use the thermal or the IR laser.  Its nice to have choices.

I just put the Dbal on the 300 blk and the MAWL will go on the top rifle in 6.8   Cant wait, gonna use the bottom rifle tonight but gotta sight in the dbal later on.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mine will be here Friday.  Its gonna go on my LWRC Six8 A5 paired with my Trijicon Reap IR.  I currently have a DBAL D2 on this rifle and cant imagine the MAWL will be that much better.  The D2 is pretty impressive.

I plan to put the Dbal on my other pig rifle LWRC IC DI in .300 blkout paired with a FLIR PTS233.  Going out tonight to have more fun.  "Here piggy piggy"

I use a  set TNVC WP Sentinels on Ops core bump to stalk to within a hundred of so meters then either use the thermal or the IR laser.  Its nice to have choices.

I just put the Dbal on the 300 blk and the MAWL will go on the top rifle in 6.8   Cant wait, gonna use the bottom rifle tonight but gotta sight in the dbal later on.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126579/pig_rifles-627381.JPG
View Quote
I like having options too.

I also like when everything fits together perfectly.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Sweet!  What's behind the Trijicon?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The REAP is not a Clip on. Trijicon has since edited and redacted its claims of that capability.
View Quote
Correct.  Also new units don't have clip-on mode.

Just using REAP reticle seems to work fine.  Not ideal but works.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Would love to see a pic of that gun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 2:01:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126579/pig_rifles-627381.JPG
View Quote
If you need to switch illuminator distances and power quickly it’ll be way better than the dbal. As far as how much more powerful the illuminator is?  I’m curious to hear your opinion. I have mine.

I was out last weekend and my friend has a full power peq15. Obviously the IR laser was more powerful than the one on my D2 but the D2’s illuminator curb stomped the peqs illuminator. He was shocked.  At around $1000 the d2 just can’t be fucked with.

If money is no object I’d have a MAWL on one gun and a d4 v2 on another.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Would love to see a pic of that gun.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top