Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2018 4:57:18 PM EDT
While I'm aware that there as 3 main versions of the PAS 13 based on size and usage, I'm curious as the number of revisions and what and when was changed with each revision.

Anyone have info?
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The only versions I used took a large proprietary battery in a box like battery housing on top of the optic.  This was 2006-07 in Iraq.  The ones I see on Google images and for sale online are different, look to be a newer style that don't use an expensive, single use battery.

Edit*  This is what I remember.

Link Posted: 4/14/2018 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, that's one of the revisions. I'm hoping to learn even more!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Check this thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/AN_PAS_13E/18-381170/?page=1

There are later versions as well
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That helps alot! I've been trying to find out info on the Raytheon LWTS V1  NSN 5855-01-464-3150. Info is very scarce.............
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The early ones are low res and limited MTBF especially on the cooling.  Youll never fix one that fails IMO.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
And some deffiernces are based on manufacturers too
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess to update, I'm really interested in the external power/video accessory cable for the PAS  13B v1. Can anyone provide info on that? I've read some of the past posts here, but they don't provide much definitive info.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have two available for sale. PM sent
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know where I could find an Operator's manual for a PAS-13B V1 in either PDF or paper format? I'd gladly pay a reasonable fee for it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Check with Aurora Tactical.
View Quote
Thanks for the info, but no luck there. Still looking....................
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Try

www.2ndbn5thmar.com/night/PAS-13.pdf

It has all the info you need to operate unless you are looking for the actual TM for collectors purposes.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Try

www.2ndbn5thmar.com/night/PAS-13.pdf

It has all the info you need to operate unless you are looking for the actual TM for collectors purposes.
View Quote
Thanks for the link! While the PDF is geared mostly for the V2 and V3, it does answer some of the questions I have. One I'm still trying to determine is whether or not the scope can operate on less AA batteries, as this is the batteries the V1 uses. Also looking for any specs on the V1 unit.

Not really needing a manual as a collector, but the manual should have all the info I'm looking for.

Again, thanks for the link!  
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The early ones are low res and limited MTBF especially on the cooling.  Youll never fix one that fails IMO.
View Quote
I'm curious, do these use a multi-stage thermoelectric cooler or a mechanical cryocooler? Sensor vacuum jacket fails?

If anyone has one that's a doorstop, I wouldn't mind diving into for fun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#15]
How are these setup on rifles?  Are they the sight/scope combo or do you have to put a scope behind the eyepiece?  I've not see anything but the sight only mounted on a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How are these setup on rifles?  Are they the sight/scope combo or do you have to put a scope behind the eyepiece?  I've not see anything but the sight only mounted on a rifle.
View Quote
They are simply a stand alone thermal rifle scope. No additional attachments needed or required. pretty simple, but I'm trying to learn the finer points of specs, and the controls.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Still looking for an Operator's Manual for the AN/PAS-13B (V1) only. Do not need V2 or V3. Does anyone have one to sell. or know where I might find one? Would even pay for a PDF version!
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Still looking for an Operator's Manual for the AN/PAS-13B (V1) only. Do not need V2 or V3. Does anyone have one to sell. or know where I might find one? Would even pay for a PDF version!
View Quote
The only different is the lenses.
The buttons and systems should be the same.

Also, the manuals are usually printed for all 3 systems in one book.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The only different is the lenses.
The buttons and systems should be the same.

Also, the manuals are usually printed for all 3 systems in one book.
View Quote
The guides I've found out there are only for the V2 or V3. You are correct though in that the controls seem to be the same, but the specs are different on the three different models.. The Operators manual likely covers all three versions of the scope, that's partially why I'm looking for one that definitely covers the V1, as I'm not sure the PAS-13B manual covers all three. I have a manual for the PAS-13C and it covers all three versions, but the controls and specs are different than the 13B.

I figure if I can find a true manual that definitely covers the V1, then I can find out some of the specs that I'm looking for and not be guessing on some of it. I'm currently modifying a cable to cover the voltage and vireo display from remote. Got the video figured out but I'm being very cautious on the voltage part. I'm told the specs on it call for 8 volts, but I've found that the scope actually operates on 6 volts. I also want to verify the thermal resolution specs as well. A manual may not answer it all, but surely would help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top