BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/22/2017 3:01:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Good info. Thanks

I received an email from another online retailer about the Flir Vue. Said it was going to be discontinued this year and they had it marked down a good bit below what it was last year this time. Like about 30%. 
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems logical but it is quite the catch 22....

With info on the new product which seems better both technically and price wise and a release date around the corner, sales on comparable models will come close to a stand still.

One would think FLIR would decrease production in order to fill the remainder contracts at the most.

There is a reason they are holding back and I suspect we will be hard pressed to come by the truth.

I think FLIR is holding off till Q4.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Caveat- I don't claim to have any "insider info", etc. Just trying to pass along info I heard and dis spell some of the rumors.

Don't shoot the messenger
View Quote

LOL, the messenger isn't going to get shot!

Thank you for the info! You seem to be the only vendor who has made an attempt to get some answers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
bump for updates
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I have four LS-XRs and four RS-64s that are used constantly for over four years now with zero issues, thousands of hours of use, batteries and everything still working perfectly. Even my ancient PS-32 still works great!
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Small allotments are now said to begin shipping the end of this week per our FLIR rep.

Here is the value of having a pre-order in as I doubt any company  that's remotely known will have any in stock just waiting around for someone to order for quite some time.
View Quote
Of the breach?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, PRO PTS233 is going to be first shipping.

Last I heard on the Breach, my rep said they would definitely ship before the end of the year.
View Quote
Thanks for the update. I'm going to be a holdout for the breach.
January is not that far away!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SNIP
View Quote
Thanks for the updates!
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#17]
How will the process for mounts work with the breach unit?
Is that something universal or proprietary?

I'm particularly interested in a dovetail option that will work with INVG.
Will that be something they provide or at additional cost? (from past history best guess?)

@lowdown3
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#19]
So I called FLIR today and spoke with a J.C. there inquiring about the Q14B/Breach unit.

What he said:
1.) they took what was shown at shotshow (rifle scope/monocular) and separated it into (2) different units.
2.) unit #1 is the PTS233 which is the riflescope.
3.) unit #2 is the renamed breach unit yet to be released.

He let me know they are shipping the PTS233 (we know this) in small quantities.
I then asked about the breach unit and his words "we cannot release something that's vaporware"...then "we can't release something that's not working properly yet". I went on to ask about possible release for the breach unit and he said realistically March of 2018. Given the lead-up to this I'd say these units won't ship until middle of 2018 or later.

Just some info straight from FLIR as of today.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Well it official...the q14 is officially vaporware.

Even if the breech ever comes out...the actual q14 that flir in thier own words described at shot show won't ever be released.

Maybe to help me grieve I will watch the videos of enthusiastic Angelo bragging about acquiring armosight and then going over the q14...and how it's weapons mountable....

The entire thing is kinda BS....armosight had a decent q14 that was weapons mountable....flir couldn't take a smaller and better core and get it into the same package.  FAIL.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Glad they tossed it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
As slow as they are shipping everything this year, I would make no hard expectations or even dreams about new things coming out or further being actually available any time near FLIR stated dates. If you get our emails, we had mentioned these things months ago.
View Quote
Oh I kept up.  Was hoping it was gonna be later rather then never. Looks like answer is officially never.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#28]
But if the rumors are on the internet it must be for real.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But if the rumors are on the internet it must be for real.
View Quote
I'm really glad skypup feels the need to insert his condescending sarcasm into every single thread that mentions FLIR. It's even better when he insinuates that he knows more about what's going on than the rest of us plebs, but just carefully enough to be able to deny doing so and chalking it up to being misinterpreted. Skypup, you used to be such an inspirational contributor to these threads. These days your SNR is closer to Gen 1.

I'm still holding out for a redesign giving us back the weapon-mountable/usable function on the Breach, despite all of skypup's bashing of anyone who suggests such a thing could even be desirable. Maybe the reason they haven't released it yet is because they are trying to get everything working as promised at Shot. Long shot, I know - fingers crossed anyway. I sold my XD19A long ago in anticipation of this compact little bad boy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#30]
You’ll be keeping those fingers crossed for a long time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You’ll be keeping those fingers crossed for a long time.
View Quote
Way to prove the guys argument to be correct.

So are you actually ever going to give us any information that is useful? Or should we just ask the mods to change your screen name from skypup, to shitpost?
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Way to prove the guys argument to be correct.

So are you actually ever going to give us any information that is useful? Or should we just ask the mods to change your screen name from skypup, to shitpost?
View Quote
Shitpost will be just fine.

Remember to keep checking on those rumors and keep your fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Not sure where the unit disappearing rumor started. (I've never stated that)
I've never posted "rumors" in this or any thread.
I posted what the FLIR rep told me.

Skypup, you're not contributing to this thread anymore.
Shit post elsewhere man...

ETA: I see now.
Quoted:Glad they tossed it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Shitpost will be just fine.

Remember to keep checking on those rumors and keep your fingers crossed.
View Quote
Before you say you never shit post.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Aye Aye, Mate.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted: Skypup, you used to be such an inspirational contributor to these threads. These days your SNR is closer to Gen 1.
View Quote
X2. If you go back through the old threads, his comments were helpful, informative, and lacking snark.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Skypup, you're not contributing to this thread forum anymore.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the contributions to these threads and forums, I read all your tech posts and they are totally awesome, keep up the good work!

My Boson 320 Q-14-B Breach with the reticule for weapon mounted sighting sux, but is outstanding as a hand held scanner!

Glad they ditched it for weapon mounting.

Link Posted: 12/9/2017 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Thanks for the contributions to these threads and forums, I read all your tech posts and they are totally awesome, keep up the good work!

My Boson 320 Q-14-B Breach with the reticule for weapon mounted sighting sux, but is outstanding as a hand held scanner!

View Quote
You have said this over and over, seemingly on every single thread in this forum that discusses the Q14B... we get it. FLIR is infallible and a feature with limited use in your eyes is better off not being available at all - even for those of us that don't have literally 10s of thousands of dollars of thermal equipment at our disposal and don't mind the idea of a hand held scanner that also has a weapon-mount functionality, even if that functionality is not necessarily on par with a dedicated TWS.

You seem to be mistaking posting pictures of the equipment to which you have unique (and unexplained, although oft debated, especially since you vehemently deny any insider information/connections) access, along with snarky condescending comments for "contributions to these threads and forums".....Just because you post a picture of your spiffy Q14B doesn't mean you're contributing to the thread. It just means you're showing off.

If anything, what used to be genuinely helpful, insightful, and constructive input to these threads has, over the last couple years, devolved into elitist and snobby "humble brags" and defensive snark. The pictures you used to post focused more on demonstrating and less on showing off. Your comments used to be interesting and insightful, offering many of us access to technology we could only dream of playing with through the eyes of just a normal dude that enjoyed using it and sharing it. Now almost every single comment we see from you is telling us why your opinion is the only valid opinion, and sarcastically dismissing anyone who disagrees with you or... heaven forbid... voices a negative thought about FLIR.

I don't know if you've recently let your 13 year old grandson start posting under your account or something, but these days whenever I see your avatar in one of these threads, I just roll my eyes and keep on scrolling. It sounds like I'm not the only one. It's a shame.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#40]
They could have, would have, might have, but they didn’t, it’s a crying shame.

But sure does perform superbly with the 35mm lens as a scanner only!
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Once again, another thread that started out with useful information, down the tubes because of personal attacks by  petty people. Time to close this one, too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Once again, another thread that started out with useful information, down the tubes because of personal attacks by  petty people. Time to close this one, too.
View Quote
They all seem to have one petty person in common...
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20Q14B/Q14%20Gun%20Knife.jpg

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20Q14B/Q14%20Lens.jpg
View Quote
more picturessssss ppplleeeeeaaassseeeee
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Do not close this thread.  There is lots of good info.

Skypup is a flir fanboy, he likes to push buttons.  You guys don't need to really call him out every time either.   Hey at least he adds some pics for us to drool over :)

I am glad the breech is not scrapped....but I still say it's not rocket science to make an adjustable weapons mount and add a reticle to some firmware, or make the reticle adjustable in the software.

My thing was this, the q14 from shot show is vaporware, it was vaporware the second they removed one of the top features they themselves promoted.  Skypup is not worried about that feature.... everyone needs else who was excited about the q14 is bummed.

I am on the TNVC waiting since May, and I will still get a Breech, so no one close this thread....eventually I wanna check it and see it say "breeches shipping!!!!"
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 12:18:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Sold of my FLIR scout and eotech x320 in anticipation for this thing. Hope it ships soon
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 2:49:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do not close this thread.  There is lots of good info.

Skypup is a flir fanboy, he likes to push buttons.  You guys don't need to really call him out every time either.   Hey at least he adds some pics for us to drool over :)

I am glad the breech is not scrapped....but I still say it's not rocket science to make an adjustable weapons mount and add a reticle to some firmware, or make the reticle adjustable in the software.

My thing was this, the q14 from shot show is vaporware, it was vaporware the second they removed one of the top features they themselves promoted.  Skypup is not worried about that feature.... everyone needs else who was excited about the q14 is bummed.

I am on the TNVC waiting since May, and I will still get a Breech, so no one close this thread....eventually I wanna check it and see it say "breeches shipping!!!!"
View Quote
Normal fanboys don’t have access to shit that hasn’t been released (or some variation of that).
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

more picturessssss ppplleeeeeaaassseeeee
View Quote
Don’t feed the troll.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just received from FLIR-

Dear valued customer:
We would like to notify you that the FLIR ThermoSight PRO PTS233 displays an image that
renders at 60Hz, as opposed to the originally stated 30Hz. The recorded files from the unit
still output at 30Hz.

As a result, note that FLIR's product description for this unit will change as follows:
To: FLIR ThermoSight PRO PTS233 1.5-6x19 (60Hz)
There will be no change in Part # or UPC.
View Quote
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Still waitin
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top