Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 2:02:26 PM EDT
I recently returned my dbal a3 for a atpial-c and unlike the dbal, the atpial does not have a QD mount. Since it doesn't have a QD mount, do you guys recommend adding thread locker to the clamping screw or is torque enough for it not to get loosen over time?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I just used a screw driver and tightened it down tight.

I also zero to my optic so maybe I'm not the best to ask
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
My personal policy: if it has threads, it gets blue Loctite.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
With the amount of time I've had with a PEQ15, I can't recall it ever coming loose enough to fall off. I've maybe once or twice tightened it.

Get it snug and use the tie down hole.  For operator points, use green 550 cord in a cross pattern over the top to secure it to the rail.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the amount of time I've had with a PEQ15, I can't recall it ever coming loose enough to fall off. I've maybe once or twice tightened it.

Get it snug and use the tie down hole.  For operator points, use green 550 cord in a cross pattern over the top to secure it to the rail.
View Quote
I have had a great experience police calling Ali Al Salem airbase before a deployment looking for an Intel LCpl's tan PEQ15 that he lost "in the sand" between the chow hall and the hooch. Looking for a tan laser...in sand...in August...that day was almost worse than all of the days in Iraq combined.

I locktite my PEQ15. You have to use a very small amount or else it will ooze out and get all over the rail and gum up the screw. It really doesn't take much at all.

Whatever you do, dont wrap a big ass zip tie around it through the rail system.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Whatever you do, dont wrap a big ass zip tie around it through the rail system.
View Quote
Funny, this is exactly what I was about to recommend.  Why are you so opposed?

Sincerely,

NotAMallNinja
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I recently returned my dbal a3 for a atpial-c and unlike the dbal, the atpial does not have a QD mount. Since it doesn't have a QD mount, do you guys recommend adding thread locker to the clamping screw or is torque enough for it not to get loosen over time?
View Quote

I did, got about 3k rounds after I added it and still sturdy as shit,
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I followed the manuals mounting instructions on mine and it has not moved.

Finger tight, then a half turn.  Paint pen it and it's been good for 10k plus rounds.  No loctite.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Think the zip tie would heat up from the barrel and gas tube and then go to shit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Think the zip tie would heat up from the barrel and gas tube and then go to shit.
View Quote
I've had a zip tie running through my rail sitting right over the top of my gas tube where it connects to the gas block and it's held up surprisingly well, even while suppressed. I fully expected it to melt or become brittle and fall to bits but it's still going strong.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]
My apologies, I stand corrected. Though I still won't recommend it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top