Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 3:47:56 PM EDT
Who are they?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've read and contacted, the guys from Wilcox Engineering & Research can fix practically any NOD available and they've been in the business for a couple of decades now. I hear great stuff about them and they were very helpful when I asked them about a few inquires. You should hit them up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Who are they?
View Quote
The site sponsors are a good place to start. They are on public display and would get eaten alive if they were not.

How is it broken? You can probably do some repair yourself.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I've read and contacted, the guys from Wilcox Engineering & Research can fix practically any NOD available and they've been in the business for a couple of decades now. I hear great stuff about them and they were very helpful when I asked them about a few inquires. You should hit them up.
View Quote
Can't recommend enough.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:19:14 AM EDT
[#5]
the whole trick of turning it on, grain to high and leaving it in a dark place, does the pin hole cap need to be removed or can it stay on? and do I need to cover the rear so none of that light escapes or is that fine as well? my pair are perfect except for a line that has been burned into them when I lent them to a buddy to use. never again
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Ryan @ Nightlong is also a good dude
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Wilcox engineering
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
the whole trick of turning it on, grain to high and leaving it in a dark place, does the pin hole cap need to be removed or can it stay on? and do I need to cover the rear so none of that light escapes or is that fine as well? my pair are perfect except for a line that has been burned into them when I lent them to a buddy to use. never again
View Quote
You can leave the pinhole cover on but cover the whole objective with foil. Put it in the case. Put the case in the safe or drawer. Leave it alone. If the burn is not too bad then it will go away on its own without doing this.

You do not need to cover the rear.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah what SOT said. I take the objective lens cap. The cap with the pin hole and cut out out out thin cardboard the same diameter as the inside of the cap and stick it inside the cap. Put cap on the pvs 14 find a absolutely dark place to store the pvs 14 like a shoe box or ammo can. Turn pvs14 on with the cap on and put into container and close up and stick it into a closet and forget about it.

Leave it in the container for several days if need be and like SOT stated if the burn was not bad it should fix the problem. I've used this method before in the past and it worked. Let us know how it turned out for.

If you just so happen to have the cap for the rear lens go ahead and put it on. It won't hurt any. The whole idea is that you do not want any light what so ever to get into the objective lens. I like the cardboard insert because it's a blank screen without the pin hole pattern in viewing area.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you just so happen to have the cap for the rear lens go ahead and put it on. It won't hurt any. The whole idea is that you do not want any light what so ever to get into the objective lens. I like the cardboard insert because it's a blank screen without the pin hole pattern in viewing area.
View Quote
I'm being lazy because I've been through this too many times. Some day I'll do a complete reconditioning writeup that I can copy and paste. Make DAMN SURE there is no light going in the pinhole or you will have a temporary dot reticle in your image.

I really like firemedic's ammo can idea - they're light tight, secure and can be tucked away. Most of us already have a bunch. Not everyone has a safe.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Glynn at ownnight.com  he works around the corner from my place, and does great quality work.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Ed fixed my ANVIS 9s when I broke the bridge
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ryan @ Nightlong is also a good dude
View Quote
I know ryan, he's a good dude.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top