Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2017 10:43:58 PM EDT
Have there been any more updates? Last I remember is "end of the year" last year.

I'm curious if they've added a lower setting for the ir illuminator and a low/high setting or nd filter for the ir laser.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this the actual A4? It is not available yet obviously but optics planet has this up on site. I was not in the know an A4 was coming.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm....I mean, I know looks are suppose to be way down the list compared to performance and options and durability et cetera but.....that thing sure does look like a phallus.  Couple that with a keymod rail and I think you'd need some serious couch time with a shrink...
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this the actual A4? It is not available yet obviously but optics planet has this up on site. I was not in the know an A4 was coming.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/380554/image-166139.JPG
View Quote
Pretty sure they've had that up since last summer...

if it is any consolation, that seems about in line with their standard shipping times. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:29:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Old stuff and the new model also has many changes from what you see.
View Quote

nice, looking forward to seeing the update.....will it be a poor man's MAWL?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Since this is a fully visible/IR integrated unit, will there be something like a TAPS switch where you could push one button for vis/vis and the other button for IR aimer/illuminator?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#8]
The absolutely only way I would be interested in this product is if it has a laser ir illuminator which uses a tech roughly based on the mawls illuminator. I won't waste my time with an led illuminator. The full power laser illuminator is an absolute must, the aiming laser is fine at class 1.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The absolutely only way I would be interested in this product is if it has a laser ir illuminator which uses a tech roughly based on the mawls illuminator. I won't waste my time with an led illuminator. The full power laser illuminator is an absolute must, the aiming laser is fine at class 1.
View Quote
so buy a MAWL. The system is patented.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Since this is a fully visible/IR integrated unit, will there be something like a TAPS switch where you could push one button for vis/vis and the other button for IR aimer/illuminator?
View Quote
I'm sure it will still have a visible override port like the a3
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
so buy a MAWL. The system is patented.
View Quote
I won't say that I won't. I am very impressed with the reviews of the mawl so far. What I am saying is the mawl raised the bar and the dbal4 needs to meet it or it will not sell.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:52:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I won't say that I won't. I am very impressed with the reviews of the mawl so far. What I am saying is the mawl raised the bar and the dbal4 needs to meet it or it will not sell.
View Quote
As long as specs aren't decreased the a4 has a visible white light, a more powerful ir illuminator and will be $700 cheaper than the MAWL.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:11:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

a more powerful ir illuminator
View Quote
I think everything we have seen from the MAWL thus far has shown it's not going to be usurped anytime soon strictly on the illuminator side, but everything else you said (more features + lower price) still holds true.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:05:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As long as specs aren't decreased the a4 has a visible white light, a more powerful ir illuminator and will be $700 cheaper than the MAWL.
View Quote
It is always possible that the a4 will bring similar to mawl tech in the illuminator. I doubt it though because none of the other steiner class 1 illuminators come close. I really believe that it is the ir illuminators that drive these products. It is every bit as important as the ir aiming laser and while class 1 aiming lasers work great, c1 illuminators don't (pre mawl).
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Wait so the MAWL illuminator is stronger than the dbal d2?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top