Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2016 12:36:49 PM EDT
For use with a clip on thermal, what have you guys found worked best from experience (not what your brothers cousins friend told you)?  Not really talking brand, but whether to go with regular optics (1-6 glass) or some for of holo/reflex (Triji, Eeo, etc.).  

My initial thoughts are that zooming the glass simply zooms in on screen on clip on and that the holo sights may provide a clearer picture overall.  Figured some folks here might have a clearer explanation.  Thanks.

LD
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It all depends what your clip-on is rated for, some are only good up to about 4x while others can go much higher.
Someone here some years ago said you are basically looking at a TV screen, so your just zooming in on a TV screen.

Vic has also said that glass quality is not as much of a factor with a thermal clip-on as it is with a NV clip-on, and I agree
with that based on my experience.

With my FLIRT T-50 I use a Vortex 1-4 and it works fine. I think SkyPup has always been a fan of the Trijicon ACOG
in 4x.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^you really are just zooming in on a screen with an external source so take that for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a thermal but IR on my end. I run an Armasight CO-X HD Gen 2+ 25mm in front of a couple of different scopes. It is rated for a max of 6 - 7X. It works fine with  a 1 - 6 Primary Arms scope and a 2-10 Vortex. On the Vortex as long as I don't run the magnification past 7X it works great. I can still use it at 10x but it is grainy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top