Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2016 7:47:22 PM EDT
Either I got the wrong part of I can't figure out how to put this together.

Anyone have experience with this?  I just bought this adapter from TNVC and it's possible I ordered the wrong one.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the base the breakaway mount fits in:  

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the base the breakaway mount fits in:  http://i65.tinypic.com/2yyp3bn.jpg" />
View Quote

Right.  I'm don't have that base and I thought I had purchased the correct part to convert it, but I either don't know how to use it or I bought the wrong thing.

This is what I ordered-  

https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-l4-dpam-adapter-plate/
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't believe a purpose built conversion plate was ever made for your mount. The adapter you purchased is for converting a DPAM anvis style mount.

Maybe try sending Vic or one of the other TNVC guys an email or pm. They will steer you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Wrong piece. You can't readily convert it, you need a drill press, a tap and die set, and some arts/crafts time. I converted four of them with old rhino mount arms that I bought at a surplus store (same place I bought the Wilcox arms from). You want the aluminum base from the rhino arm. The Wilcox adapter won't do you any good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
As others have said, you got the wrong adapter. TNVC no longer sells the correct one as it has been discontinued. Your best bet is the old school L2G05 3 hole mount.

Like this one
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As others have said, you got the wrong adapter. TNVC no longer sells the correct one as it has been discontinued. Your best bet is the old school L2G05 3 hole mount.

Like this one
View Quote

Well that's a pretty crappy option too.  I guess I'm just screwed on this mount and need to buy another.

I have both a TW helmet and a nitecap and it would be best to keep them both with the same mounting system, I got this mount a while back off the EE thinking it could be converted and used.  My helmet uses a rino II converted to dovetail and I wanted the push-button release for the nitecap like I used to have with in the past.  

I really don't want to have to buy an entire new mount, but apparently there's few options.  I don't even see anything on the wilcox website.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wrong piece. You can't readily convert it, you need a drill press, a tap and die set, and some arts/crafts time. I converted four of them with old rhino mount arms that I bought at a surplus store (same place I bought the Wilcox arms from). You want the aluminum base from the rhino arm. The Wilcox adapter won't do you any good.
View Quote

Yeah, I guess that might be an options but I really don't want to mess with it.  To save $450 on a new mount it might be worth it though.

Any pics?

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, I guess that might be an options but I really don't want to mess with it.  To save $450 on a new mount it might be worth it though. Any pics?
View Quote

Not any more, sorry. That was two hard drives ago. It's very doable with a modicum of skill and preparation.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The bracket you bought is for the wrong mount.  It is designed for the DPAM and GSGM amounts.  You have an old Wilcox L3 series mount that cannot be updated.  You will need to get a completely new mount.
View Quote

Thanks.

I guess I'll be contacting your office for a return.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top