Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2016 4:05:01 AM EDT

My general go-to AR is a suppressed 11.5" SBR with a T2 and Geissle Mk4 rail.

I've got two PVS-14's stuck to my head, along with an Inforce WML with IR and white light.

I have a rail mounted surefire M952v white light/IR light on the gun.

Now I'm trying to pick a laser, and need to decide if I need one with more IR illumination or what. It seems like it would be a waste of weight and funds to get something with a built in IR illuminator (have two sources of IR light already), and I don't see using a visible laser eve once it's zerod.

Am I crazy for wanting just a quality IR laser only for this gun? If not, what single IR laser should I look for? I already have a lasermax IR laser on a pistol. It's great for that application, but hoping for something a little beefier on the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:04:54 AM EDT
[#1]
OTAL or ITAL, very beefy IR only lasers. I really like having a visible laser to help zero, its worth it for me at least.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been very happy with my OTAL.  I don't see the need for a visible laser if you're only going to use it once to zero the laser.  Just zero it using your NODS and don't move it from gun to gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top