Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 11:57:32 PM EDT
I've searched and searched and have still yet to come up with a difinative answer to this question.  What exactly is the "PINNACLE" technology,  and how does it make it better than say your average gen 3 thin filmed autogated tube?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:17:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It is just a ITT brand name. It is a ITT thin filmed autogated tube. Can be commercial or milspec. L3 has similar but less known brand names. Nothing special and all marketing. The original designation was for ITT milspec tubes but that kind of changed once civvies were allowed such treasures...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:48:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:04:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I see. So if I have a pvs 14 that has an ITT "autogated thin film" tube, would that be the "PINNACLE"? Or does ITT make more then one type of gen 3 thin filmed autogated tube? The reason I ask, is because I purchased an Armasight pvs 14 gen 3 "Alpha" as they call it. Some info about it is 64-72 lp/mm, manual gain, autogated,  auto brightness,  bla bla bla.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see. So if I have a pvs 14 that has an ITT "autogated thin film" tube, would that be the "PINNACLE"? Or does ITT make more then one type of gen 3 thin filmed autogated tube? The reason I ask, is because I purchased an Armasight pvs 14 gen 3 "Alpha" as they call it. Some info about it is 64-72 lp/mm, manual gain, autogated,  auto brightness,  bla bla bla.
View Quote

Yes that would be a Pinnacle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I found an abused Pinnacle on no. 6 today...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Was this about the time an old member here now NV dealer alleged SF units reported their Pinnacle AG power supplies were alerting enemy guard dogs? All this due to him not being able to get AG power supplied units at that time.

Those were the days!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is just a ITT brand name. It is a ITT thin filmed autogated tube. Can be commercial or milspec. L3 has similar but less known brand names. Nothing special and all marketing. The original designation was for ITT milspec tubes but that kind of changed once civvies were allowed such treasures...

Was this about the time an old member here now NV dealer alleged SF units reported their Pinnacle AG power supplies were alerting enemy guard dogs? All this due to him not being able to get AG power supplied units at that time.

Those were the days!

Remember that very well. That was back in the wild west days when we could have knock down drag out fights in the NVF. It is a kinder more civilized place now. I do miss the old days though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top