Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2016 4:07:42 PM EDT
Here's the deal......I'm already NV and Thermal poor now, but I need a thermal weapon site for my backup/loner rifle and I need to keep it between $2k - 3k.
What I'm looking at is the ATN Thor-HD 384 1.25-5x Smart Thermal scope and the Pulsar Apex XD38A.
Besides just picking the Pulsar because it's more expensive, I'd like to get some real world experience from users.
I think y'all know what I'm looking for here so any and all help/advise would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
There are no ThoR HD's in the wild yet.  I think they just started shipping to media folks for demos.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always liked this video showing all 3 scopes...  I've got the XD50A...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnblmpLBYSI

Here's a specific XD38A video...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1EL1M58r0M

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Those are the best video demos I've seen! Thanks for posting them. Makes my decision harder now. I had just about talked myself with some help from others into a Armasight Predator. I know it wasn't on my list but it looks great. The Predator and the Apex 38 are the same price? Decisions, decisions, decisions.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]
You can always rent a thermal to try it.. I rented the Pulsar XD50A for Christmas and really liked it.  The pulsars are a bit ugly, but they work great and the controls are easy to get use to.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth. I personally would not pay much more than $3000 for a new 320 or 336 when you can find used MK2 640 for around $5,000 that's still under factory warranty. I know every man has his own budget , but there is a lot of difference in performance between the two. $5,000 is a lot of money for most people to spend on a hobby, but so is $3000. Just another option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top