Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 2:13:06 PM EDT
I'm looking for a case that I could keep and/or transport my Helmet + PVS-14 in.

I've got the lanyard on the PVS-14, so would prefer to just leave it all attached and have a case that would fit this nicely and protect it during transport. I was thinking about a Pelican case, but would be interested to know what you guys might recommend.

Thanks in advance-

Shawn
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not considered doing something like that, but I like the idea.  Pelican of the required size would be my choice with pluck foam.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#2]
leaving the 14 attached for storage ad transport will mean you need a pretty large pelican case. I would personally get a small pelican case just for your nods, and then get a CVC bag for your helmet and stuff the nods in a pelican case in with it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Old samsonite luggage at goodwill.  $3.    It doesn't scream "expensive stuff" like a pelican.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Perfect size.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VZRYCG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Perfect size.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VZRYCG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View Quote

How is that going to hold his helmet and PVS-14 together while mounted
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Pelican 1560 case

Carries EVERYTHING period...

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]

This case has wheels and an extendable handle (like Carry on luggage).

As you can see, I have ton of stuff in it:

3x Magnifier for PVS
Sidearm (w/100 rounds of ammo)
2500 Lumen NightCore Flashlight
Several smaller LED flashlights

Also not pictured or visible:

Thermacell Mosquito Repellant
Thermacell Butane cartridges
Thermacell Inserts
Large quantities of Lithiums (AA, AAA, CR123 and 18650's)
ESS Low Profile NVG Goggles w/Turbofan
ESS Goggle replacement shield (Smoke and Yellow)
200 rounds of PRVI 70 gr. ammo

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perfect size.

LOL, I linked the wrong one. I just linked the first one in my amazon cart.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]
double
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I use these for my NODs.  US Palms NODS Garage.  Stores the goggles protected by the helmet and then I use a soft bag for the helmet combination.

https://www.uspalm.com/products/soft-goods/pouches-and-accessory-kit-items/soft-goods/pouches-and-accessory-kit-items/mics-gear/nod-s-garage-461.html

Really well built.  I like them so much I bought 2.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:08:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a setup like that using a Pelican 1600.  I like it, it's kinda heavy and big, but it's great for transporting all of you NV gear.  It holds all of the stuff I have and has plenty of room for more, I already have a place picked out for my future thermal scope.

I also replaced the foam in the lid with this storage piece that can hold all of your other smaller accessories like batteries, mounts, lenses, etc.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I have several Pelican cases.  For the most part, I find myself never using the big ones like 1750, 1600, etc.  I use a 1450 and it holds two PVS14s and one magnifier.  My helmet goes in a nice motorcycle helmet bag and most of the time when I'm actually using the stuff, the 14 is in a blade tech case inside the helmet in the soft helmet bag.  I keep buying big Pelicans and then getting real tired of using them.  If I had a big SUV or something with a trunk, I could see using them more.  Now if I were flying into bush country, eh, maybe.  Driving 20 miles to a farm to shoot pigs?  They might be in the 1450.  

But, the thermal gets its own 1400-sized SKB case  that it came in.  

To each his own, but the bigger the case, the bigger the PITA they are in my experience.  I've got a spare closet that has 3 or 4 1750 rifle cases with custom foam.  Don't think a rifle has been in any of them in the last 2 years.

On the lanyard- I replaced the clip that it came with it with a nice McGizmo stainless clip  (extremely high quality) clip that makes the hook up or unhook process a lot easier.  Glad I did it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top