Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 5:43:48 AM EDT
Hi this is my PVS-14, can someone help me to identify what tube it use, and if possible,  who make this PVS-14 most likely?  Why the number on the tube and the lens does not match? Sorry for many questions..

what on my tube:
KM 272867-9-067 S/N 1001614DC 0613

on the lens:
80063-A3256342 MFR 13567 161359A 0602

Thanks a lot!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-QD66Gvl0bYI/U57zzZAvbhI/AAAAAAAAAMU/lXdKZTwgAtY/w1079-h809-no/IMG_1623z.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_H79qGNgd_Y/U57zzUjbmuI/AAAAAAAAAMc/mG7bQI2stZg/w1079-h809-no/IMG_1625z.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-13f1kOUYts8/U57zz_syV_I/AAAAAAAAAMg/eK-S3g7qk3Q/w1079-h809-no/IMG_1627z.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-t4qJxWOfVKg/U57z0ZD8wZI/AAAAAAAAAMk/dmbDWKS_0X4/w1079-h809-no/IMG_1628z.JPG

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like a slightly older tube put into a newer housing. That's not a bad thing, as it could be a very high-spec tube.

How does it look TTL?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Tube is a ITT autogated pinnacle. The lenses, body and tubes are not made by the same people. Different manufacturers make different parts of the scope and use different numbers. Lenses don't go bad and can sit for years before being installed in a housing. Parts and tubes can also be changed. Night vision scopes do not have matching serial numbers on the parts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tube is a ITT autogated pinnacle. The lenses, body and tubes are not made by the same people. Different manufacturers make different parts of the scope and use different numbers. Lenses don't go bad and can sit for years before being installed in a housing. Parts and tubes can also be changed. Night vision scopes do not have matching serial numbers on the parts.
View Quote

That's a nice-looking tube. Minor blemish in Zone 3 makes it a keeper. Did you just buy it? New or Used? Would you mind telling us what you paid for it?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you Dino1130 and TheHorta, I bought this new pvs-14 about 4 years ago, it took me about $3600, I don't know if I paid too much for it, anyway I like it, it works well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you Dino1130 and TheHorta, I bought this new pvs-14 about 4 years ago, it took me about $3600, I don't know if I paid too much for it, anyway I like it, it works well.
View Quote

Today's pricing is getting more competitive, so it would be on the high-side, but not egregious if you bought it now. For four years ago, I don't know. Dino and others will know, but it doesn't seem bad.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I would love to see a breakdown of serial numbers
how you can look at it and tell the manufacture date
or the "database" where it lists the info
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no single database and the tube manufacturers are not forthcoming sharing information most of the time. Takes a lot of time and research to compile all the tube data. Power supply numbers tell me a lot and the tubes manufacture dates help as well. Is this case it was easy. KM is the power supply maker and they are owned by ITT. I can tell just by looking at it that it is a ITT tube. L3 tubes look totally different.

The power supply numbers tell me it is autogated. The date code (DC) I can barely make out but looks like 06 something. 0642 would be the 42nd week of 2006 for example. Cage codes, CAD dates and contract numbers help me with milspec tubes. It is just taking all the information together to deduce what the tube is. Even then I am not always 100% but I can narrow it down. The serial number means little to me. I don't usually pay it any mind.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There is no single database and the tube manufacturers are not forthcoming sharing information most of the time. Takes a lot of time and research to compile all the tube data. Power supply numbers tell me a lot and the tubes manufacture dates help as well. Is this case it was easy. KM is the power supply maker and they are owned by ITT. I can tell just by looking at it that it is a ITT tube. L3 tubes look totally different.

The power supply numbers tell me it is autogated. The date code (DC) I can barely make out but looks like 06 something. 0642 would be the 42nd week of 2006 for example. Cage codes, CAD dates and contract numbers help me with milspec tubes. It is just taking all the information together to deduce what the tube is. Even then I am not always 100% but I can narrow it down. The serial number means little to me. I don't usually pay it any mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not to highjack the thread, pm if you would rather to avoid that although I would say our conversation is still relevant to the thread.

What possible abbreviations exist for power supplies other than KM and who do they belong to?

not being nit picky but I just want to learn, so if im out somewhere and see a deal on something I can know what im looking at.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

not to highjack the thread, pm if you would rather to avoid that although I would say our conversation is still relevant to the thread.

What possible abbreviations exist for power supplies other than KM and who do they belong to?

not being nit picky but I just want to learn, so if im out somewhere and see a deal on something I can know what im looking at.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is tricky because older ITT tubes say KM on the power supply and newer ones say ITT on the power supply. ITT has sold power supply's to L3 on occasions. Those were really tough because it was a L3 tube module with a ITT power supply. Talk about confusing ! It just is a tough subject and almost nothing is written in stone. Using everything I know I still get it wrong sometimes. I am not allowed to release the power supply info in the public forum. I promised the owner of the info I would never post it publicly.  I only know two other people that have the information and they both post in this forum. I will talk to them and see if we can do a thread about this. I would like to share but I don't know what I can post.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top