Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2013 5:35:25 PM EDT
have any of you guys had any experience  whit this set up or just the NV Monocular  it self
i just wanted some thing simple for my back yard (30yards x 40 yards)

its only $236.99 at amazon dot com

Night vision 2x24 riflescope that doubles as night vision monocular
 Built-in, high-powered infrared illuminator for low-light conditions
 Automatically shuts off when exposed to bright light to protect tube
 High-quality polymer construction; 1/4-inch socket for tripod or accessories
 Designed to co-witness with reflex or holographic sight; weighs 8.8 ounces

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not he's any experience with the particular unit, but I would recommend not purchasing it. There really is not any quality "entry level" night vision options, such as that one.

ETA:
For a cheap monocular that will perform, I recommend trying the project inThis thread. Although it cant really be used as a weapons mounted option, it is by far the best option in the price range (under 400 dollars all said and done for me). Plus, it's a fun project. There is even a file to have parts printed on a 3d printer so you don't have to improvise as much and can almost just throw it together.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do not he's any experience with the particular unit, but I would recommend not purchasing it. There really is not any quality "entry level" night vision options, such as that one.
View Quote

thanks for your input
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

thanks for your input
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for your input

Also check out the thread I hot linked in my original post. Might be of interest. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/359614_DIY_Cascade_Tube_Thread___.html
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Also check out the thread I hot linked in my original post. Might be of interest. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/359614_DIY_Cascade_Tube_Thread___.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for your input

I saw that very. testing. I wonder if they are any videos on how to put them togetht
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want a cheap toy to play with, take a look at the Xgen digital night vision monocular.  They are cheap but work surprisingly good.  I bought a used one on Ebay for under $100.  I sent it to my nephew to play around with.  It is perfect for his 7 year old son.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an Armasight Spark that is head and shoulders above Gen1. It is nowhere near Gen3 capabilities, but with an illuminator its quite usable and doesn't suffer from the Gen1 fishbowl effect nearly as bad. Just around the very outer edge of the image. You would do well to not get a traditional Gen1 unit. You could even find a used gen2 unit for not a whole lot more, and it would be cheaper in the long run as you will end up upgrading anyways.
I have an ITT N100 Gen 2 monocular that was $599 new in 1997 from Natchez. Which means you could probably get a used one now for $250-$300 (just a WAG). It and the Spark are on par with each other. Im not being a NV snob, but you can do better for the same or a little more money if you shop around.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the suggestions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top