Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 12:33:10 PM EDT
I've found this on TNV page:

"Honeycomb: This is a faint hexagonal pattern which is the result of the manufacturing process."

Now my question: Do you see this honeycomb pattern and is it depending on quality if you see it or not?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've found this on TNV page:

"Honeycomb: This is a faint hexagonal pattern which is the result of the manufacturing process."

Now my question: Do you see this honeycomb pattern and is it depending on quality if you see it or not?

Thank you.
View Quote

It really depends on how high the lighting is. If it gets bright enough I can see it on just about any tube with a micro channel plate (MCP).
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
OK means it's not depending from the manufacturing quality. Correct?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK means it's not depending from the manufacturing quality. Correct?
View Quote

Not in US tubes that I am aware of. I can't speak for tubes made elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a bad ass high quality pinnacle tune, when lights get bright I see honeycomb.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:07:32 AM EDT
[#5]
OK thank you guys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I can only see it in mine if it's really bright, gain is up, and I actually purposefully unfocus my eyes from the image and try and focus on the honeycomb. In actual use, I don't think I've ever noticed it, even in bright conditions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top