Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 11:45:19 PM EDT
i have seen an image tempororaly burnt on a goggle after it was used then turned off - then lights on in building with goggle pointing up - a shadow was left for a short time - there must be residual sensitivity for some time after switch off - (gen3 ) been carefull ever since
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Yes, there is. Turn a Gen3 off and look at a streetlight. You'll still see it.

The MCP will shut down very quickly, however the -800v to the screen and the 1000v or so to the screen is still present and the tube will still act like a Gen1 type tube, just not many electrons make it all the way through to the screen.

But from a photocathode perspective, the tube is still on.

Not every Gen3 I've seen seems to exhibit this, but I've seen it before in Gen2 and Gen3.

Regards

David
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top