Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2012 4:58:26 PM EDT
The infinity focus travel stop was not adjusted quite how I like it on a recently purchased PVS-14, so I quested the appropriate tooling.

The lock ring requires a 0.035" allen key to remove the associated set screw.  After unsuccessfully attempting to locate one locally, I purchased online, but the minimum quantity was 25.

If anyone would like one of the spare 0.035" allen keys to allow adjustment of the infinity focus travel stop, simply PM and I will mail you one free of charge.  Local guys, I will hang on to a few for the next time that we see each other.  First come, first served.  Please do not request one just for grins if you never plan to actually use it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wanted to say, "Thanks!"
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
cool
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You are a gentleman!  

I just bought one last week though for the same issue you describe.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
murderman you definately deserve a big THANK YOU!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks- I certainly appreciate it!
Link Posted: 6/10/2012 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been aggravated with the infinity stop issue, but could not find the allen wrench.

IM headed your way.

...and I'll mail you back a Sheet of stamps
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for this !
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
A couple Allen keys should up at my door today. Not really exciting unless you have had the issues I have had and you find out these work perfect !! Thank you !
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks murder!  You rock!
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 5:04:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear that many folks have received this useful low cost tool.  

The "mailing out" offer is now suspended based upon remaining quantity being held for local NV guys.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2012 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you, it is very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 on the thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#13]
murderman, thanks again for the tool!

I have received my 14 and my infinity adjustment doesn't seem quite right either.  Seems like I need just a bit more to get distant things in focus.

Can you give us a short "How To" about making this adjustment to the travel stop?
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the tiny Allen wrench!!!!  I've been out of town this and it was a pleasant surprise mixed in the stack of bills.  

I realize that the little bit of overshoot on the focus is not a big thing, but I have a OCD streak in me and the infinity stop pushed that button...I would find myself tinkering with the focus every few minutes just to make sure it was in the sweet spot.  I'll get it adjusted tomorrow night!

Thanks again.

If anyone else needs it, let me know and I'll pass it on when I get finished.
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks for the tiny Allen wrench!!!!  I've been out of town this and it was a pleasant surprise mixed in the stack of bills.  

I realize that the little bit of overshoot on the focus is not a big thing, but I have a OCD streak in me and the infinity stop pushed that button...I would find myself tinkering with the focus every few minutes just to make sure it was in the sweet spot.  I'll get it adjusted tomorrow night!  Update:   STOP IS ADJUSTED!!!!!  Thanks again murderman

Thanks again.

If anyone else needs it, let me know and I'll pass it on when I get finished.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I never knew what that allen was for... until now. I need one because my infinity stop is still blurry past 35 yards approx on a 'new-to-me' unit. Is there anyone with an allen I can have / borrow / or help locate to purchase? Preferably less than a quantity of 25?
Is the adjustment I have to make difficult or is it just focus the monocular at infinity and then lock it back down?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I never knew what that allen was for... until now. I need one because my infinity stop is still blurry past 35 yards approx on a 'new-to-me' unit. Is there anyone with an allen I can have / borrow / or help locate to purchase? Preferably less than a quantity of 25?
Is the adjustment I have to make difficult or is it just focus the monocular at infinity and then lock it back down?
Thanks

Folly just Google .035 Allen key. You will find tons of them for cheap and you don't need to buy 25 of them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Here is where I got mine.   Works like a champ.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003N9B6BC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
If anyone has one they are willing to part with please let me know. I'm assembling my pvs-14s in the next week or two.

CMS
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#20]
but if someone doesn't mind dropping it in the mail with a stamp that would be appreciated. Shipping from supply houses seems to outweigh the cost of the allen 50 fold

edit: they can be bought and shipped from ebay for roughly $2.75 total
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah from what I've found as well.  If someone sends one my way I'll get it to you when I'm done with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top