Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2011 10:17:05 AM EDT
Well I’m basically looking for something that cost effective that can be weapon mountable. I’m looking at a budget of no more than 1k. I have never used night vision so this is somewhat going to be something to play with. I was looking at some of the older Russian night vision systems for my ak74 that has the optic mount on the side. But I also have a ar15 platform. Like I said I’m almost complete noob to night vision.

Edit: i am also comparing this to possibly getting a suppressor for my ar15.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Well I’m basically looking for something that cost effective that can be weapon mountable. I’m looking at a budget of no more than 1k. I have never used night vision so this is somewhat going to be something to play with. I was looking at some of the older Russian night vision systems for my ak74 that has the optic mount on the side. But I also have a ar15 platform. Like I said I’m almost complete noob to night vision.

Edit: i am also comparing this to possibly getting a suppressor for my ar15.

What are you planning on doing with the night vision?  Under $ 1k you have limited choices. If you don't have a specific need, my recommendation would be to get the supressor - more  /dollar at the under $ 1k price point.

ETA: FYI - A Gen III PVS-14 starting price point is $ 3k

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well these would mostly just to play with because I never used night vision and I think I would be fun to play with in the moutains and stuff see what really makes sounds up there and stuff. But I would like something that could really be used if I had to. I wasn't planning on anything more than 2nd gen anyways. And no I'm not poaching lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Gen 2 monolular will probably run you about $2K. Save up the money and buy yourself a PVS-14 from TNVC (Great guys, great service).

It's one of those buy once, cry once kind of deals!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top