Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 11:39:58 PM EDT
What is the diameter of the Larue LT114 PVS-14 mount?  I am trying to see if it will work with my NAIT NVPS-10 monocular.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#2]
If its a ring type mount they are all pretty much 36-37mm ID. I use a AD mount on a pvs-5 lens and have a c mount adapter that the od has been turned to fit.

Im guessing you are talking about clamping the c mount lens into the ring?

Brent
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The C-len mount has a 1.25"x.33" lip.  Unfortunely, it sounds like it is just a tad too small.  I might be able to use aluminum or steel tape to make a spacer.  Anybody got any other ideas on what to do without a lathe?

Also, the actual lens is 1.55" or so in dia.  So it is a tad too big.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Find a pipe and tube supply place, go down there and have them find a similar OD piece (to your lens) of aluminum tubing that has the proper wall thickness to make up your size difference. Cut off a ring and slit it (so it looks like a C) so it can be shaped to fit around the od of the lens.Since you have the wall thickness correct, everything should snug up just nice.  PVC works ok too..

Brent
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
flat aluminum stock works great for spacers..   cut to ones own specs, roll,  tighten down screws...  
spaced a few mods this way before..  easiest, cheapest and most secured way i've found..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top