Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2010 10:56:16 AM EDT
hey everyone.

looking to get into some night vision scopes.

are there any decent options in the $500-$1000 range that also function well as a daytime scope?

I'm not looking for anything special, just something to mess around with.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
hey everyone.

looking to get into some night vision scopes.

are there any decent options in the $500-$1000 range that also function well as a daytime scope?

I'm not looking for anything special, just something to mess around with.

thanks

Nothing that is new with a warranty in that price range that won't be a waste of your hard earned money. Possibly a used Gen 2 unit but it will not function as a daytime scope. They have digital units and in my opinion they are better then Gen 1 but they are nothing to write home about either.

Elcan makes a digital scope and I have seen some others but they are priced outside your range. Only thing that will work as a daytime scope is pretty much very expensive or cheap digital night vision. I would continue to save until you can get something of decent quality. Hate to see you toss $1000 around on something that will perform subpar.

If I had all the money back I wasted trying to do night vision on the cheap I could equip the whole family in top of the line PVS-14's. Take that 1k and put it in a savings account and add to it. Then you can buy it right the first time !  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top