Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2010 2:23:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for getting it back on track, Lot of great people here with tons of knowledge to share. I hated the path we were on. I welcome the chance to get back to talking night vision. I am sure we all welcome TBK1 and hope he does NOT lock the entire forum.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm told this is the largest and best NV forum on the web, so that should make everyone proud!  

It's also the busiest NV forum on the web too!

It can be the rowdiest at times also

So thank you for your efforts in keeping the peace

David.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]
does this mean we can have a PS22 thread now?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
does this mean we can have a PS22 thread now?

+1
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I think this is a great thing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#9]
That would be funny if TBK locked the whole forum.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#10]
So TBK1 is now mod and Karma will be picking up at a later date?
Is this a correct assessment of GB's statement?
Thanks

And Welcome to our New New overlord.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice to have a doomsday button. When all has been tried and failure is imminent. Just hit the eject and lock the whole damn thing down !
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Is it bad that I have no idea who "Vic" is?

I thought TBK already was senior staff / upper level mod / supreme being, etc......

Either way, thanks for keeping this place the best there is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it bad that I have no idea who "Vic" is?

I thought TBK already was senior staff / upper level mod / supreme being, etc......

Either way, thanks for keeping this place the best there is.

No not at all.  I be Vic.

The site owners 4 years ago gave me permission to start up this NV forum and it has grown into an incredibly large and best place for NV information.  It took a LOT of asking and begging at that time. Way back then the site owners were worried that NV was little known in the "firearms" community by most and adding yet another forum may not have been beneficial to that community. I think they made a wise choice back then to say the least.  The NV community has grown and is now eloquently involved and accepted within the firearms community as a whole and this forum and its members is the reason for that.  Hope this helps.

Vic Di Cosola

Now I know.

Thanks for the history lesson.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I promise not to lock the forum.  

I know nothing about NV (except it makes stuff appear green), but I do know the rules.  This will be a welcome learning experience for me, as I do have an intense interest in NV, at least for the long term.  

I'm told this is the largest and best NV forum on the web, so that should make everyone proud!  

Thanks to Vic, and all the regulars who make the forum what it is.  Let's talk about NV, learn together, and enjoy ourselves!  

If I can help in any way, feel free to contact me.  

Sincerest good luck to you.    

This can be a very interesting forum in that a slightly extrapolated form of the 80/20 rule tends to apply.  The majority of inquiries come from complete NV newbs, and the minority is hyper experienced with the technology.

Try and get yourself a good gen3 device or two, and enjoy the dark!  You might find that unusual posts tend to get made at odd hours, and it ain't always due to time zone differences.  Also, watch the lunar phase; the really enthusiastic folks tend to get more active during the new when it is particularly dark out.  The less experienced [majority] post more near the full.

Thanks to Vic for lobbying the staff to get this forum established in the first place, and to the genuine contributers for keeping the momentum increasing.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know nothing about NV (except it makes stuff appear green), but I do know the rules.  This will be a welcome learning experience for me, as I do have an intense interest in NV, at least for the long term.  

Thanks to Vic, and all the regulars who make the forum what it is.  Let's talk about NV, learn together, and enjoy ourselves!  

This can be a very interesting forum in that a slightly extrapolated form of the 80/20 rule tends to apply.  The majority of inquiries come from complete NV newbs, and the minority is hyper experienced with the technology.

Try and get yourself a good gen3 device or two, and enjoy the dark!  You might find that unusual posts tend to get made at odd hours, and it ain't always due to time zone differences.  Also, watch the lunar phase; the really enthusiastic folks tend to get more active during the new when it is particularly dark out.  The less experienced [majority] post more near the full.

Thanks to Vic for lobbying the staff to get this forum established in the first place, and to the genuine contributers for keeping the momentum increasing.

Very good well thought out explanation !
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL, you're right-after I get off work on an afternoon or night shift, if I want to go for a ride or walk/hike in the park next to me it's going to be in the dark The homeless dudes have got to be thinking that they are hallucinating!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Great to have you here.  I may have not seen eye to eye with you on many things, but I have learned over the years you are fair.  I look forward to this forum going forward.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't slap us noobs around if we ask dumb questions!! Lucky for me I got tons of reading to do before I show how I know absolutely nothing about NV.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Newbies are always welcome here, Our new Mod is very fair and goes by the book. I love to talk night vision and we all were a newbie at some point...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top