Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2010 10:15:48 PM EDT
Anyone ever try one of these?

If not, can someone take a look at the specs and see if it's worth the money.

They are listed at $9999, but hey are selling three new units on EBAY for $9499 or best offer.

http://www.nightoptics-sales.com/proddetail.asp?prod=NO_TS320

This link shows the selectable reticles.

http://www.nightvisionstore.com/Night%20Optics%20USA%20Thermal%20Rifle%20Scope%20NO-TS-320.htm

Thanks

Mac
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
That does look impressive, specially for a 320x240 sensor. Never heard of the company though and their website doesn't show that model. I'd like to see a sample video, warranty, etc.

You can buy a good used Lexus for that kind of money
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a web site that is featuring a Renegade 320 at what is the lowest price I have seen on the net and the Renegade is a unit from a known company. I do not know how it compares to the unit you depicted. I also do not know anything about the web site selling them but it might be worth a look. Does not seem to be an in stock item.

http://www.militarywarfighter.com/Thermal_Weapon_Sights_s/369.htm
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
L3 has introduced 640 sensors, and 1024 is not far behind (probably in milatry already) so hopefully we'll see the 320 res models come down wihtin reach of us mortals. The Renegade is still going for $13k on opticsplanet. A 1 year warranty scares me though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here is a web site that is featuring a Renegade 320 at what is the lowest price I have seen on the net and the Renegade is a unit from a known company. I do not know how it compares to the unit you depicted. I also do not know anything about the web site selling them but it might be worth a look. Does not seem to be an in stock item.

http://www.militarywarfighter.com/Thermal_Weapon_Sights_s/369.htm

That is the best price I have seen, but it appears to be for the 50 degree FOV model. I'm looking for something in the 1000m detection range.

Link Posted: 6/22/2010 5:15:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I talked to the guy at Jager pro a couple months ago.  He said they have been working with a known manufacturer to release a new thermal sight that is supposed to be available this summer.   Under $10K and much better than anything on the market now that is available to civilians.   They use 1024x mil/LEO only scopes now (BAE is my guess ) and he said he isnt impressed with what is currently available to civi's.   Might be worth waiting and taking a look at it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I talked to the guy at Jager pro a couple months ago.  He said they have been working with a known manufacturer to release a new thermal sight that is supposed to be available this summer.   Under $10K and much better than anything on the market now that is available to civilians.   They use 1024x mil/LEO only scopes now (BAE is my guess ) and he said he isnt impressed with what is currently available to civi's.   Might be worth waiting and taking a look at it.

i think JAger and Karma should team up and make a $5k 640x480 scope and take their company public.
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#7]
$5k 1024x is probably unrealistic at present.   I bet the cores cost that much, and there are only a few companies that make them.  I'd be in line for a 320x with a narrow FOV at that price quick though.

From what I'm hearing, thermal tech is advancing quickly.   Prices should drop and performance should improve at a pretty brisk pace.... unlike image intensification tech which seems more evolutionary ....   and prices seem to just rise.    Many of the thermal products now on the market are selling for 50% of what they were a few years ago.  Should be interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
$5k 1024x is probably unrealistic at present.   I bet the cores cost that much, and there are only a few companies that make them.  I'd be in line for a 320x with a narrow FOV at that price quick though.

From what I'm hearing, thermal tech is advancing quickly.   Prices should drop and performance should improve at a pretty brisk pace.... unlike image intensification tech which seems more evolutionary ....   and prices seem to just rise.    Many of the thermal products now on the market are selling for 50% of what they were a few years ago.  Should be interesting to watch.

I'm by no means an expert, but why would NV intensifier tube prices plateau but microbolometers drop? you'd think IR sensors are significantly more complex to manufacture. It's probably demand from all the wars that's keeping NV prices up, no?
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interesting. I might just wait to see wait they have in mind. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/26/2010 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#10]
You'll never get 1000m out of a 50 deg. I use the 12 deg and you get about 400-550 ish depending on the weather. I use them as weapon sights and they typically get turned on after closing into within 100 yards. From 300 yards and under as a weapon sight I think they are great. I wouldn't shoot that far at night with them personally, but you could.

Insta death

This was taken at close to 70 yards with NIVISYS 'Scorpion" scope.. (A renegade that they have re-stickerd and called a Scorpion) Whatever you call it, it works, We have killed over 300 hogs to date using them this year (as well as TAM-14's). I'm just starting to get a nice bit of video and will be putting together something here soon.

Link Posted: 6/26/2010 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#11]
link not working.  Think I found it though:   link

Cool!
Link Posted: 6/26/2010 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You'll never get 1000m out of a 50 deg. I use the 12 deg and you get about 400-550 ish depending on the weather. I use them as weapon sights and they typically get turned on after closing into within 100 yards. From 300 yards and under as a weapon sight I think they are great. I wouldn't shoot that far at night with them personally, but you could.

Insta death

This was taken at close to 70 yards with NIVISYS 'Scorpion" scope.. (A renegade that they have re-stickerd and called a Scorpion) Whatever you call it, it works, We have killed over 300 hogs to date using them this year (as well as TAM-14's). I'm just starting to get a nice bit of video and will be putting together something here soon.

totally awesome man! thanks for sharing

curious, is the reticle on the actual scope a long cross like on the video or do you have a dot or small cross-hairs?

Also, were you using a .223 or .308?

thanks
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Insta death

totally awesome man! thanks for sharing

curious, is the reticle on the actual scope a long cross like on the video or do you have a dot or small cross-hairs?

Also, were you using a .223 or .308?

thanks

I was using a 308 in that video. I like the full crosshair, top to bottom, it has 5 to choose from.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Amazing how the reticle goes from white to black as soon as it crosses over the white hot image of the pig.  Feels like an aim assist.

VERY COOL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top