Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2008 4:27:14 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with NV gear (scopes or monoculars) while wearing glasses?  Any issue with NV and being a lefty?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Take your corrective glasses off, and adjust the diopter accordingly; that is it's function.  Unless your correction is beyond +2 to -6, it should work just fine, even for a lefty.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have an astigmatism you have to wear your glasses, contact lenses work the best.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you have an astigmatism you have to wear your glasses, contact lenses work the best.

I have a (mild) astigmatism, but I do fine with the diopters, no glasses or contacts.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have a mild astigmatism as well, but fortunately only in the right eye, and I mount the monocular in front of the left.  Coincidentally, I notice that when the PVS is mounted behind an Aimpoint and viewed with my right eye, the elongation of the reticle which is clearly visble with uncorrected vision goes away.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with NV gear (scopes or monoculars) while wearing glasses?  Any issue with NV and being a lefty?

Thanks.

im a lefty and i have never had a problem...
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]

I have a (mild) astigmatism, but I do fine with the diopters, no glasses or contacts.

YMMV.
How about your other eye? the dark-adapted eye. If you need glasses to see in the daytime, you really need them at night. the diopter might correct your vision through the NV, but your other eye is without a corrective lens.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

YMMV.
How about your other eye? the dark-adapted eye. If you need glasses to see in the daytime, you really need them at night. the diopter might correct your vision through the NV, but your other eye is without a corrective lens.

Good point.  My vision is not so bad that it make a difference in the dark.  I probably rely on the NV more than I should, but oh well.  Beats a monocle.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Take your corrective glasses off, and adjust the diopter accordingly; that is it's function.  Unless your correction is beyond +2 to -6, it should work just fine, even for a lefty.  

+1  AN/PVS7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top