How do you aim that thing at night?

~Augee
View Quote
Frinkin Lazerz man.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MBaylor9:
I just finished building 2 Brand New Kejo high-cut helmets model Special Forces MKIII

https://preview.ibb.co/hSr2mc/0410181927.jpg
View Quote
Looks good. Do they come as just a shell and you added the rails and shroud? Are they both the same shells just with different rails?
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 3:41:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmjerrywest44] [#6]
Sup foo by J M, on Flickr
Ops Core by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice setups. Where’d you get the patches?
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 2:08:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heineken] [#8]
Someone on this thread motivated me to play with some app filters

Unedited:

Link Posted: 4/14/2018 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#9]
New OPS CORE FAST SF upgrades.

Lighter than and slightly higher cut than current FAST MT (Super High Cut XP).

Has shim between the ARC rail and helmet which make helmet-borne ear pro MUCH more comfortable.

New NVG shroud/mount with new bungees that have carabiners for added security.

New VENTED liner to make helmet breathe better.

Also has new OCC band that extends a little lower for aded support and comfort.

Thanks to some really AWESOME FOLKS at OpsCore/Gentex for hooking me up with the latest and greatest tech.

Untitled by Edmond Dantes, on Flickr

DSC_1429 by Edmond Dantes, on Flickr

DSC_1417 by Edmond Dantes, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Nice setup.  Details on ear pro?
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 12:17:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#13]
Originally Posted By TXDirtyMaxDiesel:
New OPS CORE FAST SF upgrades.

Lighter than and slightly higher cut than current FAST MT (Super High Cut XP).

Has shim between the ARC rail and helmet which make helmet-borne ear pro MUCH more comfortable.

New NVG shroud/mount with new bungees that have carabiners for added security.

New VENTED liner to make helmet breathe better.

Also has new OCC band that extends a little lower for aded support and comfort.

Thanks to some really AWESOME FOLKS at OpsCore/Gentex for hooking me up with the latest and greatest tech.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/885/40743541324_d26dc9887d_c.jpgUntitled by Edmond Dantes, on Flickr

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/821/27577810738_f3f529f9e8_c.jpgDSC_1429 by Edmond Dantes, on Flickr

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/891/41449267221_7084b0fc6d_c.jpgDSC_1417 by Edmond Dantes, on Flickr
View Quote
Awesome gear man! Is that a complete rattler? Or the m4 rattler kit? Just curious, what do you do for work? Thanks.
*on second look I don’t see the built in qd mount on the lower so I assume it’s one of the kits. Lucky you!
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#14]
My humble entry -

Link Posted: 4/15/2018 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DallasLooterShooter:

Nice setup.  Details on ear pro?
View Quote
Peltor Rangeguards, not sure if they still make them. Was roughly $45 from Amazon, I threw some gel cups in there too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 4:56:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TATBME] [#16]
This is slowly becoming my favorite thread.

Attachment Attached File

Original
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes exactly they come just as plain helmets and I add the Shroud and the rails and the velcro which is crye precision and the tan helmet has MSA rails and the black helmet has Mich 2000 rails

Originally Posted By 4DoorEKk:
Looks good. Do they come as just a shell and you added the rails and shroud? Are they both the same shells just with different rails?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MBaylor9:
I just finished building 2 Brand New Kejo high-cut helmets model Special Forces MKIII

https://preview.ibb.co/hSr2mc/0410181927.jpg
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Got bored, so I got a thing.

Just have to remember to turn them off since they don't do it automatically now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:

Just have to remember to turn them off since they don't do it automatically now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/243409/IMG_20180419_161602-519925.JPG
View Quote
Nice. Love the helmet. What is it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
How are you liking the dovetail over ball detent?
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FullAutoHound:

Nice. Love the helmet. What is it?
View Quote
Ops Core FAST.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By night9:

How are you liking the dovetail over ball detent?
View Quote
It's more stable which is cool. But I've spent a couple years with ANVIS and am pretty ingrained to its function. Gonna be a learning curve for sure.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Doc I like your lanyard location. Less snag hazard. Idea stolen. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#24]

It's more stable which is cool. But I've spent a couple years with ANVIS and am pretty ingrained to its function. Gonna be a learning curve for sure.
View Quote
Get an AI SAM mount and a battery pack

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Get an AI SAM mount and a battery pack

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/272939/2018-03-28_20-520535.JPG
View Quote
Had it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
Why the switch then?
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Why the switch then?
View Quote
Mostly boredom, a little being cash flush, and partly cuz why not.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Mostly boredom, a little being cash flush, and partly cuz why not.
View Quote
Lol #merica
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Total newb to NV here.  Here's my initial hack at it.  Still have the peltor adapters inbound for the Hearing pro.  WP sentinels with Adams Industries SAM mount on a Team Wendy (yes i know, but at least the were in stock and not unobtanium).  A NE PVS-14 mounted with a Wilcox G24 and Wilcox dovetail mount with on/off switch.  And for thermal, a Reap-IR

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 7:29:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bullf-16] [#30]
View Quote
LOL....I have it now, see pic above.  Just mounted in on the TW, gonna head out and play...

It is pretty loose, just like when i flew with it.  I can live with it.  Set up my pvs 14 with the G24 and Wilcox dovetail j-arm.  rock solid.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bullf-16:
Total newb to NV here.  Here's my initial hack at it.  Still have the peltor adapters inbound for the Hearing pro.  WP sentinels with Adams Industries SAM mount on a Team Wendy (yes i know, but at least the were in stock and not unobtanium).  A NE PVS-14 mounted with a Wilcox G24 and Wilcox dovetail mount with on/off switch.  And for thermal, a Reap-IR

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126579/night_vision-520937.JPG
View Quote
Jeez. That is your initial hack at NV? You did well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#32]
LOL....I have it now, see pic above.  Just mounted in on the TW, gonna head out and play...

It is pretty loose, just like when i flew with it.  I can live with it.  Set up my pvs 14 with the G24 and Wilcox dovetail j-arm.  rock solid.
View All Quotes

Use the bungees, they take all the slack out and allow for proper positioning.

Nice rigs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bullf-16] [#33]

Use the bungees, they take all the slack out and allow for proper positioning.

Nice rigs.
View Quote
Yea, i know.  Only problem with this setup is im already maxxed out at how far i can extend the sentinels.  I wear glasses and as it is they sit against the lenses.  Bungees would really jam the nods against the glasses.  Maybe time to look into lasik or other

ETA, just got back from a moonless night...hfs.  Sighted in a  new rifle in spot 2 of the reap IR.  It has 5 saves for different rifles or bullets etc.  Wow they are both rather fun.  Saw a few rabbits, skunks and coyotes.

Here they are, 300blkout on left and DD SBR on left in 5.56.  Reap IR is setup on a 6.8spc and now this SBR 5.56

The DBAL D2 is quite a piece....maybe get 2 more of those instead of the unobtanium MAWL C1+

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:11:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Yea, i know.  Only problem with this setup is im already maxxed out at how far i can extend the sentinels.  I wear glasses and as it is they sit against the lenses.  Bungees would really jam the nods against the glasses.  Maybe time to look into lasik or other

ETA, just got back from a moonless night...hfs.  Sighted in a  new rifle in spot 2 of the reap IR.  It has 5 saves for different rifles or bullets etc.  Wow they are both rather fun.  Saw a few rabbits, skunks and coyotes.

Here they are, 300blkout on left and DD SBR on left in 5.56.  Reap IR is setup on a 6.8spc and now this SBR 5.56

The DBAL D2 is quite a piece....maybe get 2 more of those instead of the unobtanium MAWL C1+

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126579/nvgs-521276.JPG
View Quote
This is just my opinion. If I was kicking doors or had some other dynamic scenarios where I’d be going from a room to a large opening I’d definitely get a MAWL. but for just about everything else the D2 is just about as powerful and $1500 less. As it stands I’d rather out fit three rifles (two d2’s and one i2) as opposed to one MAWL. Of course a change if careers could change that. Lol
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FullAutoHound:

This is just my opinion. If I was kicking doors or had some other dynamic scenarios where I'd be going from a room to a large opening I'd definitely get a MAWL. but for just about everything else the D2 is just about as powerful and $1500 less. As it stands I'd rather out fit three rifles (two d2's and one i2) as opposed to one MAWL. Of course a change if careers could change that. Lol
View Quote
I've pretty much decided exactly this for playing at my range.  HFS.  I dont need to snipe at 1000 meters.  The D2 is easily great out to 300-500 meters.  FFS, im not an operator....LOL
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:33:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doc_Hurley] [#37]
Augee, to answer one question, the SAM mount he has is for an Ops Core lid. It never quite worked right with an ACH, hence the reason I wore my "high speed" lid while running around AFG, never could get the NODs right on an ACH.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

Hmm.

This should not be the case. Not saying I don't believe you, I certainly do, but your goggles should not be so close as to be scraping the lenses at full extension, I wear eyeglasses myself, and have always had plenty of room, if anything, most complaints I hear are about not being able to get goggles close enough, and I think they should be run a little bit further out than many do. That being said, everyone is built a little bit differently, and some people just need a little more travel, hence things like the Wilcox G22E.

A couple of questions though:

Are you using the correct SAM mount? Different helmets have different profiles and angles and thus require the adapters to be slightly different based on helmet geometry. IIRC, you should be using an ACH adapter for the Team Wendy's geometry, so if you are using an Ops-Core/Crye model, it may be effecting your ability to adjust it properly if you're at the edges of the adjustment tolerances.

Are you sure that your helmet is sized correctly? I tend to be a "between sizes" kind of guy when it comes to helmets, e.g., I can fit into a M/L (now L) Ops-Core or a L/XL (now XL), but I prefer to use a size up, and NVG adjustment ranges is one of the reasons. Are your strap adjustments close to maxed out? How much "room" is inside your helmet with the current suspension/pads? The solution could also just be a thicker brow pad if you have room for one, and/or re-adjusting the helmet pads within the helmet, as that may change the way the helmet sits on your head, and push your NODs out a little bit further.

If none of these things works for you, and maybe it's just your personal facial/head geometry, which it could be, it might be worth considering switching to the Wilcox L4 G22E, and switching to the dovetail mount. Some might even recommend just switching to a dovetail anyways, as many prefer the dovetail interface anyways. I personally prefer the ball-detent mount for a couple of reasons, but the dovetails do lock up more "solidly" just based on the design, so if the primary thing you're looking for is a solid lock-up without any slop, it may be better for your purposes.

~Augee
View Quote
Ok, i just looked closer at the SAM mount.  There is a plastic shim behind the mount that angles the nods down toward the face.  I tried to just remove it but the screws are too long and i dont have anything else that will work.  The shim has "OPS" written on it.  Assuming opscore?  So, i just swapped it to my OPscore bump and its much better.  I can get the nods about 1/2 off the glasses no problem and use the bungees for stability.  I

I wanted to run the sentinels with battery pack on the TW, what do I need as far as parts go.  And any links to said parts.

I do have a  wilcox G24 i run with the PVS14 and dovetailed J-arm that has the power switch.

So, basically, i want to run the Sentinels with AI/SAM on the TW and the Wilcox and -14 on the OPsCore?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 3:37:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#39]
I've pretty much decided exactly this for playing at my range.  HFS.  I dont need to snipe at 1000 meters.  The D2 is easily great out to 300-500 meters.  FFS, im not an operator....LOL
View Quote
Thanks brother. I’ve been looking to upgrade from my i2 and m600v to something with a built in Illuminator. (Like most who buy the i2 I purchased it before I had NODs and didn’t quite understand how to use it) I wanted the MAWL of course, but I was also looking at a full power peq15 from will’s optics and the dbal d2. Both of my first choices were ~$2500. Thanks to your comment on the D2 I ended up picking one up in tan for $1189 from b@h photo out of NYC. Being in CT it should be here tomorrow. So we’ll see I think I’ll be happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks brother. I’ve been looking to upgrade from my i2 and m600v to something with a built in Illuminator. (Like most who buy the i2 I purchased it before I had NODs and didn’t quite understand how to use it) I wanted the MAWL of course, but I was also looking at a full power peq15 from will’s optics and the dbal d2. Both of my first choices were ~$2500. Thanks to your comment on the D2 I ended up picking one up in tan for $1189 from b@h photo out of NYC. Being in CT it should be here tomorrow. So we’ll see I think I’ll be happy with it.
View All Quotes
Prepare to have your socks knocked off.  The D2 illuminator is titties.

Pic thread:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Yep, that's the Ops-Core adapter.

If you want to stick with the Adams SAM, you can either see if someone will trade with you, or you can order the correct mount:

https://tnvc.com/shop/surface-anvis-mount/

You just have to select "ACH/MICH" in the "Helmet Style" drop down selection box.

Another option is the AB Night Vision STORM mount:

https://tnvc.com/shop/ab-night-vision-storm-mount-for-anvis/
(Shoot me a PM and I can double check which is the correct version)

There are also more expensive mounts like the various Wilcox versions, but they are, for the most part "nominally" designed for Ops-Core/Crye-style helmets. For a lot of folks, the difference in the angles is negligible enough that they either don't know or don't notice the difference from normal adjustments, but as you can see, when it matters, it matters, hahaha, and I haven't played enough with the specific combination of the Wilcox mounts on Team Wendy helmets to give you a definite yes/no on whether or not that will give you enough adjustment.

Another option is, of course, to switch to the dovetail interface, which may give you a little bit more adjustment than is built into the ANVIS interface, but I know you're both familiar with the ball-detent interface, and mentioned wanting to run an external battery pack.

One final question--have you played around much with the tilt/elevation adjustment on the Sentinel ANVIS adapter? The Sentinel tilt adjustment works a little differently than the tilt adjustment on the AN/AVS-6s and 9s, but you may be able to get the goggles out a little bit further by adjusting and messing around with the tilt and elevation a little bit.

~Augee
View Quote
I got it setup on my Opscore and it is better.  I did try to remove the angled block on the SAM and that would also work.  Its just that the screws are too long and wont seat all the way in.  Do you know the type so screws that will work.  I hate to cut down the longer screws and risk screwing up the threads.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I don’t have some of the cool stuff you guys have but this is my submission.

Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Im offloading my spare rig in the EE if anyone is interested. Its a Team Wendy EXFIL LTP. Been used twice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#45]
For those of you running dual tubes with an Opscore base jump helmet, how is it working for you? I'm sure a counter balance is certainly needed but is that enough to even things out? I have no need for a ballistic helmet and the base jump fits my head well so I'm pretty much sold on it. I am open to other options though. The particular nods I'm wanting to use are dtnvg's.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:
Im offloading my spare rig in the EE if anyone is interested. Its a Team Wendy EXFIL LTP. Been used twice.
View Quote
How much?
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#47]
How much?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:
How much?
$275 shipped obo. it has the TW multicam cover and usgi rhino mount included
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Unfortunately, removing the existing shim is unlikely to work as desired, as it still needs a shim to get to the proper angle, just a different one.

That being said, I do not know the thread pitch off top of my head, but most likely, if you take either the mount, or even just the screw to a hardware store, you can usually find screws without issue, and I've found ANVIS mount-screws at a rural ACE before, so it's unlikely to be something so exotic that you're not going to find anything.
View Quote
Thanks, I'll just keep it on the OPsCore since it is much better.  Also the TW has a Wilcox G24 with a powered dovetail J-arm set up for the -14.  With the bungees on the sentinels its rock solid and i have about 3/8" clearance from my glasses.  Even more when not using the rubber eyecups.  Are they even necessary, i.e, seems their only purpose is to block light.  NOt worried about that, im no operator.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top