Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 145
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By DM1975:
OK, here is mine. Had to get it set back up since I had broke my swing arm but had found another one in my spare parts bin. It aint as fancy as some of your setups are but it works well for me. You can see I had a misshap with my gain knob but I will see about getting that fixed later on. I am hell on equipment...

i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/DM1975/helmet/DSCF2018.jpg

i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/DM1975/helmet/DSCF2020.jpg

nice....

I just run a K pot, and a simple rhino mount

i have a gain knob if ya need one
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is my latest build

PVS-14 housing and a MX-10160 tube mounted on a earlier style Mitch helmet.

It only took me 12 months to buy the parts

Not the coolest, but it will work

FREE

Link Posted: 4/22/2008 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 1:53:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Victor] [#4]
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Cowboy,  Is there a means to adjust the windage and elevation of the M1-IR to co-witness it with the PVS, or did things just happen to work out right using the rail position as it came?  

Are you a right or left hand dominant shooter; the left eye PVS would tend to indicate the former, but the right side M1-IR would tend to indicate the latter?

Very nice rig all the way around, BTW.

Link Posted: 5/8/2008 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I was wondering where I could buy just the Norotos Arm, like the one pictured below.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By FutureMarineSniper:
I was wondering where I could buy just the Norotos Arm, like the one pictured below.  Thanks.

i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/Sil3ntSc0pe/NVGMOUNT.jpg

If you keep an eye on ebay they can be had for 20 to 30 bucks...

Or do what I did...eamil they surpus sellers that you notice are selling a lot of night vision surpluss stuff, email them and they can usually accomdate you...

just make sure you pay with paypal so you dont get scammed...I have contacted diffent sellers for stuff and they have always come through, never have been scammed yet (knocks on wood)
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 12:00:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FutureMarineSniper] [#11]
Is this a good deal?

cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AN-PVS7-14-MICH-ACH-Alum-NVG-Opitcal-Helmet-Mount_W0QQitemZ300240030772QQihZ020QQcategoryZ135QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I only really need the arm, and I want to buy one, not bid on one because I need it by next Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2008 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/13/2008 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By Victor:
ANVIS-9's with the new Wilcox Industries Mount (a marvel of engineering) mounted to a MSA TC2001 side cut with the special holographic paint scheme.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ANVIS/PICT0004.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ANVIS/PICT0002.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ANVIS/PICT0001.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ANVIS/PICT0003.jpg

Arn't those like 9k+? You take awesome pictures bro.
Link Posted: 9/13/2008 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 8:50:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: regalrocket] [#15]
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, very nice!

What brand of helmet is that?
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Its a out of the box Bell Faction helmet. It comes painted as you see it. As per a members post, I removed the factory harness that is a 4 point system, and installed a ACH harness.  Other than that, just a few holes, and some sticky velcro did the job.
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Its nothing close to what you have going on Victor, but its cheap, and pretty simple.  I was surprised how well the mount assembly fitted to the helmet, and its position.  The goggles are place in a very nice position, with none of the adjustments over 75 percent of their travel. I just need to work out the counterweight. Weight bags work, but somewhere I have seen plates that bolt to the bottom of the battery pack that can help balance the assembly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Obtained several different sized/shaped pads for the MICH from OA last week to try and take care of a hot spot experienced down in Goliad....mission accomplished!

Ended up with a #4 trap and a pair of #4 small ovals in the back to replaces the MSA #6's, and my temples no longer throb after a couple of hours.  The split crowns now sit down on my head as they should, what with appropriate longitudonal spacing achieved, either with or without a headset on.

Fit is ABSOLUTELY everything with a helmet rig, with balance being right close behind.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a Prtoec classic and a newer style (small lowering arm) PASGT mount for it. How do I mount it to the protec. I have tried bending the 2 little feet but they still dont sit flush with the bottom lip of the helmet. Are they supposed to?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:48:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Ok well I just got done mounting all my stuff. I have a IR US flag and some IR glint squares on order but I thought I would go ahead and post up what it looks like so far.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/EaglesSJ/P1020242.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/EaglesSJ/P1020241.jpg
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:57:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I can only dream of something like that.  How much would be to put together some plain-jane, bare bones helmet set up?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#24]
height=8
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:
I can only dream of something like that.  How much would be to put together some plain-jane, bare bones helmet set up?

The helmet, mount, and harness will only cost about $100 its the NVG's that add so much to the darn cost
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By Bassmaster4000:

The helmet, mount, and harness will only cost about $100 its the NVG's that add so much to the darn cost

Okay, so what helmet, harness and mount?  I'm trying to save up for an NVG monocular and IR laser, but I don't have a freaking clue as to how to mount the damn thing to the helmet.  Can anyone help me out?  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Okay, so what helmet, harness and mount?  I'm trying to save up for an NVG monocular and IR laser, but I don't have a freaking clue as to how to mount the damn thing to the helmet.  Can anyone help me out?  

Maybe re-read this thread in greater detail, particularly page 1.  There are various inexpensive helmet types mentioned, as well as details of the mounting hardware, and chinstrap options.  If you still have questions at that point, folks here tend to be very helpful with info gained through actual use of the equipment.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#27]
height=8
height=8
Originally Posted By Bassmaster4000:
height=8

The helmet, mount, and harness will only cost about $100 its the NVG's that add so much to the darn cost hat

That is a protec classic which cost me $32 and the mount I picked up on ebay for $50 and the guy gave me a free mich/ach harness.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll add one thing that has not been touched on before and that is drilling into a kevlar helmet. All the MSA and Gentex domes I sell, I offer a free service of drilling and mounting the mounts of their choice.

I noticed that the Tactical Night Vision Company website still shows tactical helmets as "Coming Soon".  Do you currently sell helmets?  If so, I wondered how you would go about sizing them properly for folks who have no history of wearing helmets.  It's not as if military helmets are available in sporting goods stores to try on.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#30]
ANVIS-9's with the new Wilcox Industries Mount (a marvel of engineering) mounted to a MSA TC2001 side cut with the special holographic paint scheme.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ANVIS/PICT0004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ANVIS/PICT0002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ANVIS/PICT0001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ANVIS/PICT0003.jpg

Vic,

you have WAY to much cool stuff....becuase of this I must insist that you send me that set up ASAP!
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/4/2009 6:01:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M1-Matt] [#35]
Just got this yesterday!  Thank you Vic!!!!

Link Posted: 3/16/2009 2:50:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: murderman] [#36]
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone used this setup with binocular NVDs using the MUM2 bridge mount?  Is there a particular mounting plate or arm which would be a better choice for this type of setup?

In a related question, can anyone tell me which active hearing protection model or communications headset would require the wider helmet cuts described earlier in this thread?  I'm putting together some information for some folks who are getting into the arena and like to have my material straight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By -Watcher-:
Has anyone used this setup with binocular NVDs using the MUM2 bridge mount?  Is there a particular mounting plate or arm which would be a better choice for this type of setup?

In a related question, can anyone tell me which active hearing protection model or communications headset would require the wider helmet cuts described earlier in this thread?  I'm putting together some information for some folks who are getting into the arena and like to have my material straight.

IMHO, the MICH aka Modular Integrated Communication Helmet, of its various varieties, is the only ground force platform suitable for use of those type devices.  I happen to have EAR digital plus typically used in conjunction with suppressed live fire.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By TNVC:

Originally Posted By -Watcher-:

Has anyone used this setup with binocular NVDs using the MUM2 bridge mount? Is there a particular mounting plate or arm which would be a better choice for this type of setup?

In a related question, can anyone tell me which active hearing protection model or communications headset would require the wider helmet cuts described earlier in this thread? I'm putting together some information for some folks who are getting into the arena and like to have my material straight.

Hi N, the dual MUM's would use the bridge mount we offer. I would also opt for the OPS-Core Head Lok system for the added weight that replaces the current 4 Point Harness. The stability of this system is awesome for added weight out in front of the helmet.

As for the electronic muffs, the Peltors are the ones that will need a larger side cut such as the tactical 7's. Hope this helps.

Vic

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly :

A-Alpha helmet above but with a OPS 3-Hole VAS Shroud (Assembled and bolted from TNVC in my choice of Black, TAN or Foliage) with a Mil-Spec Flip-Up Helmet Mount. Your Price $332.00

Plus :

Ops-Core ACH Head-Loc H-Nape harness Your Price $66.00

With existing MUM2 bridge mount, dual NVDs and we have a complete head mount system for $398.00?  The Rino arm currently included in the package will support dual NVDs (difficult to see the arm in the binocular version photo)?  Twin accessory rail mounts and twin Velcro attachments can be had for $10 more?  Additional/replacement helmet pads are available from third party source?

Not compatible with Peltor TacSport or Com-Tac II, although wider cut version helmet may become available at an unknown future date?  Has anyone used this helmet with Sordin Supremes?  As stated, I'm attempting to bring together the disparate comments regarding helmet options into a single source.  If these questions seem rudimentary, it's because I have no personal experience with helmets, active hearing protection, or headset communications equipment.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#41]
VERY nice set ups guys! Where can I find the adhesive pile backing yall use for your patches?
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By murderman:
Here are some more pics of another PT-alpha from TNVC, with my usual modifications:

Of the three helmet rigs that I currently own, this one is fast becoming the favorite.  Had this product been available a few years back when I started working with this type of gear, I could have saved alot of $$$ and experimentation, but that is half the fun after all.

Two big thumbs up for this product!  There are at least a few folks out there who have purchased units based upon my recommendation, and I did not hesitate in suggesting that they move forward whole heartedly.

Will this rig work while wearing the Peltor Com-Tac II headset underneath?   If not, which helmets will?

Link Posted: 4/4/2009 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#44]
The PT model that I have is not muff-compatible, but my understanding is that there is another model available which is.  If I want to wear muffs instead of in-the-ear electronic protection, then I have to go with the MICH.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#45]
here is a few of my buddies setups.

mine is the one all the way on the right.

Link Posted: 5/7/2009 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#46]
What's up with all the  BMX helmets, i.e. pro-tec?  Is this primarily for a weight issue?  I'd imagine a ballistic helmet (mich/ach) would be preferred for the proffered protection.  But, mission dictates gear, so pro-tec is high-speed?
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#47]
I have the Pro-Tec simply because I do not need a ballistic helmet as I am just a civilian.  I hear that the head mount you get with your NOD sucks.  I just wanted a simple lightweight set up that works, the side rail made a great place to mount  the Da-Torch, this way my hands are free to deal with the dog as I walk him a night.
Link Posted: 5/9/2009 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 5/9/2009 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#49]
My Ops-Core FAST BUMP w/PVS-14:

Link Posted: 5/11/2009 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By M1-Matt:
I have the Pro-Tec simply because I do not need a ballistic helmet as I am just a civilian.  I hear that the head mount you get with your NOD sucks.  I just wanted a simple lightweight set up that works, the side rail made a great place to mount  the Da-Torch, this way my hands are free to deal with the dog as I walk him a night.

If I end up in a situation where I'm wearing my NV and actually need the ballistic protection for my noggin, I have made some incredibly poor choices!

That said....

Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top