Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 145
Posted: 8/29/2007 11:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: murderman]
There have been several threads in the past; here is a chance to consolidate current concepts for the topic.

Ballistic rig on the left, scout rig on the right.  The plates are both bolted down to keep from changing position, with the top strap minimizing stress on that joint, as well as providing a very convenient place to ty-rap the Guardians.  

The MSA rig is balanced on a styrofoam mannequin head with the PVS both up and down; it is like that on a real head as well.  

Edited to add a couple shots with the CSM bracket:

Updated with the do rag replacement pic.

Latest mods...some paint and an M600C/KM2:

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

@jwramp will know

N/m I just saw that he already replied and said he thinks it'd home-brewed. Whose pic is it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:
Originally Posted By jwramp:
Originally Posted By troy_v:
Can someone tell me which flashlight mount this is in the below photo? (The photo is from several pages back in this thread)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/136860/49439222181_3f58dc041d_b_jpg-1386992.JPG

Looks pretty home made to me, like they just chopped up some plastic/kydex or thin metal and sandwiched it behind that little chunk of picatinny.

@jwramp will know

N/m I just saw that he already replied and said he thinks it'd home-brewed. Whose pic is it?

It's homemade using a sheet of kydex and the Ops Core flashlight mount.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Headband version (single comms) as they can be found for $399 (with gel cups and PTT) new.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mashir:
For those of you running Peltor Comtac III ear pro, did you buy a version with a standard metal headband and somehow remove those parts to attach to your helmet? It seems like some Peltor models are also available without the whole headband assembly, but seem rarer.

Headband version (single comms) as they can be found for $399 (with gel cups and PTT) new.

Where are you finding them at that price?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By contax_shooter:

It's homemade using a sheet of kydex and the Ops Core flashlight mount.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49440027647_4b179db1f9_b.jpg
View Quote

@contax_shooter

Tell me about those lens covers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:39:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#4]
Originally Posted By Rob123456789:

@Rob123456789

Where are you finding them at that price?
View Quote

https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/3m-peltor-comtac-iii-single-comm-coyote-brown/

https://www.modarmory.com/product/3m-peltor-comtac-iii-ach-headset-single-comm-model-88078-00000/
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]

@Rob123456789

https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/3m-peltor-comtac-iii-single-comm-coyote-brown/

https://www.modarmory.com/product/3m-peltor-comtac-iii-ach-headset-single-comm-model-88078-00000/

Do those people have them back in stock fairly often? I actually was about to buy them from kosher surplus and it went out of stock, figured it was a one time sale for that price.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Ebay
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Do those people have them back in stock fairly often? I actually was about to buy them from kosher surplus and it went out of stock, figured it was a one time sale for that price. 
View Quote

I have no idea. My best guess is that vendors are blowing them out for good as the Comtac Vs are the new normal.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
@Pfran42

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LTCH9KECN/2-position-aperture-for-pvs14-anvis?optionId=96462999&li=marketplace
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m currently running an X300V on a thorntail picatinny offset mount on my Team Wendy LTP 3.0. The way the team Wendy peltor adapter sits on the helmet an X300V can’t be used without an offset mount. When I look through my PVS14 the IR light is up way too high and I would have to tilt my head down at an angle to scan fields. Is there a better way to angle the X300V to be more in line with my line of sight? I’ve looked at the peltor compatible unity remora, but I absolutely hated my unity marks so I’m hesitant to try anything else from them.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#10]
There is a unity remora for use with the peltor adapter. This may help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:20:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#11]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
I’m currently running an X300V on a thorntail picatinny offset mount on my Team Wendy LTP 3.0. The way the team Wendy peltor adapter sits on the helmet an X300V can’t be used without an offset mount. When I look through my PVS14 the IR light is up way too high and I would have to tilt my head down at an angle to scan fields. Is there a better way to angle the X300V to be more in line with my line of sight? I’ve looked at the peltor compatible unity remora, but I absolutely hated my unity marks so I’m hesitant to try anything else from them. 

https://i.imgur.com/ZFLfJHR.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Echo arms Velcro backed helmet mount. You could position the light perfectly with one of these. Just tie off the light with a lanyard made of some thin dyneema and secure somewhen on the ARC rail.

https://echoarms.com/collections/helmet-mounts-and-lights/products/fast-attach-m-lok-plate-w-magpul-polymer-3-slot-rail?variant=7810624618540
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
I’m currently running an X300V on a thorntail picatinny offset mount on my Team Wendy LTP 3.0. The way the team Wendy peltor adapter sits on the helmet an X300V can’t be used without an offset mount. When I look through my PVS14 the IR light is up way too high and I would have to tilt my head down at an angle to scan fields. Is there a better way to angle the X300V to be more in line with my line of sight? I’ve looked at the peltor compatible unity remora, but I absolutely hated my unity marks so I’m hesitant to try anything else from them. 

https://i.imgur.com/ZFLfJHR.jpg
View Quote

I was looking at doing something similar, but on a Ops Core FAST bump. I thought about using a Thyrm VariArc mount to get the light to rotate. Only thing I was worrying about was it putting the light a little further out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:25:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#13]
These other Echo arms offerings look very promising as well. Low profile and you can place it exactly where you want.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems like the echo arms mount is the way to go. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#16]
The blank slate has arrived....super excited for this helmet, Team Wendy Exfil Ballistic. Have some bits and pieces inbound, A and A tactical cover, Unity Mark to mount my ear pro. More updates to come as I piece together my NVG set up.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:
The blank slate has arrived....super excited for this helmet, Team Wendy Exfil Ballistic. Have some bits and pieces inbound, A and A tactical cover, Unity Mark to mount my ear pro. More updates to come as I piece together my NVG set up.

https://i.imgur.com/jOvMAFRl.jpg
View Quote
Hope you didn't buy new
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Hope you didn't buy new 
View Quote

Negative, bought it second hand, but also not sure what the face is about with new?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:

Negative, bought it second hand, but also not sure what the face is about with new?
View Quote

They supported Hillary.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, I mean thats lame, but they make a good helmet, so I'm going to buy something to assist keeping my brain matter in one place and nods in front of my eye balls. But this is second hand, so its not like I gave them my hard earned cash any who.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:
Yeah, I mean thats lame, but they make a good helmet, so I'm going to buy something to assist keeping my brain matter in one place and nods in front of my eye balls. But this is second hand, so its not like I gave them my hard earned cash any who.
View Quote
No second hand is ok

TW hosted a Hillary Clinton rally and they been donating to her campaign (and FBHO campaign as well)

TW gives ZERO fucks about anyone besides big daddy Military

FUCK TW
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:01:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:52:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#24]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

How about you stay tech in tech and bring the virtue signaling to GD?
View Quote
Just thought I would let him know what Team Wendy does and there morals as a company (since he asked)

If your ok with buying or supporting a Company that has no issues taking away your GOD given rights then that's on you brother

Overall TW makes a very good helmet, OP will be very happy with it. I'm just glad he didn't buy new and support a terrible company

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:
The blank slate has arrived....super excited for this helmet, Team Wendy Exfil Ballistic. Have some bits and pieces inbound, A and A tactical cover, Unity Mark to mount my ear pro. More updates to come as I piece together my NVG set up. 

https://i.imgur.com/jOvMAFRl.jpg
View Quote

Very Nice helmet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Here is your radio and PTT.
View Quote

I am a ham,

Baofengs are pretty low on the list these days for HT's(even though I have a few), more interested in getting my Yaesu FT3 working with it. The only thing keeping me from going with the amp is the PTT and ability to connect to amature radios since I will never be in the encrypted radio crew. I will pull the trigger if anyone else can confirm, although this is most likely a custom SRS job more than likely.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#27]
@PFran42

Is that your rig in the 2nd pic? Curious if that's a knock off or legit battery pack. I've thought about getting one of those to try out but iffy on how well it's made, etc.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:53:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#28]
Originally Posted By will-1:
@PFran42

Is that your rig in the 2nd pic? Curious if that's a knock off or legit battery pack. I've thought about getting one of those to try out but iffy on how well it's made, etc.
View Quote

@will-1

I post a lot of pics. Not sure which one you are referring to.

Edit:

This pic? If so, not mine. I think it is just a batt housing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#29]

@will-1

I post a lot of pics. Not sure which one you are referring to.

Edit:

This pic? If so, not mine. I think it is just a batt housing.

View Quote

This one:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Not mine. I just scoured the web looking for pics with the Echo Arms light mount.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:52:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KPog] [#31]

Here you go Will

Pano battery pack

This one is the Gucci battery pack bud. I have the pvs 31 pack and its aiit I guess.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By KPog:

Here you go Will

Pano battery pack

This one is the Gucci battery pack bud. I have the pvs 31 pack and its aiit I guess. 
View Quote

Thanks KPog. I know about the legit ones but that’s too rich for my blood.

I was wondering if the functional airsoft ones were any good or a waste of money.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

They are not. 

I bought one for shits and giggles because real ones are expensive and I have a lot of helmets and as is common knowledge these days, I'm a big ANVIS fan. 

They actually look pretty damn good. 

But in practice all it did was eat CR123s. It works while fresh batteries are in it. But it appears to continue drawing power from the batteries even when not in use, leading to dead CR123s the next time you try to use it. Not at all like the real L3/L3Harris battery packs (at least if you don't leave the strobe on accidentally on the AA CWBP ).

Whatever is going on with the electronics inside, it's unsurprisingly not the same. 

~Augee
View Quote

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. That's a hard pass. At this point I'm just curious - is there a power on/off knob? All I see is what looks like the lid retainer knob doodad.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By will-1:

Thanks KPog. I know about the legit ones but that’s too rich for my blood.

I was wondering if the functional airsoft ones were any good or a waste of money.
View Quote

Should have figured you knew which pack it was. No way would I use a non US pack to power my stuff, risky biscuits.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#37]

They are not. 

I bought one for shits and giggles because real ones are expensive and I have a lot of helmets and as is common knowledge these days, I'm a big ANVIS fan. 

They actually look pretty damn good. 

But in practice all it did was eat CR123s. It works while fresh batteries are in it. But it appears to continue drawing power from the batteries even when not in use, leading to dead CR123s the next time you try to use it. Not at all like the real L3/L3Harris battery packs (at least if you don't leave the strobe on accidentally on the AA CWBP ).

Whatever is going on with the electronics inside, it's unsurprisingly not the same. 

~Augee
View Quote

fwiw I have had two factory 31 packs kill AA's with strobe turned off and unplugged from goggle.  Only way I was able to stop it from happening was to remove the cable from the cwbp side.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

fwiw I have had two factory 31 packs kill AA's with strobe turned off and unplugged from goggle.  Only way I was able to stop it from happening was to remove the cable from the cwbp side.
View Quote

That's terrible considering who's mostly using those battery packs.

Has there ever been a problem with packs (any, not just 31) putting out too much voltage? I checked mine with a meter before using them but have wondered if it is an issue or not. Figure this is a good segue, lol
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#39]
There's a helmet squeezed in there

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#40]
No power knob on either the real one or the knock-off. The AA CWBP has a switch for the strobes, but no switch for the battery pack like an ANVIS or AB LPBP.

~Augee
View Quote

Can I use the Bnvd Y cable(coti) with the AB LPBP?

Might be worth a grab if they go on sale, might be a better counterweight than the 31 pack is.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 55_S2K_Shawn:

I live out by Six Flags but I work in St. Charles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 55_S2K_Shawn:
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Another MO here - STL

I live out by Six Flags but I work in St. Charles.

I work in St Charles too. Have been considering getting into the NV game but trying to decide the cost-benefit since I don't really have a place to go out and enjoy it much
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:25:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#42]
NVG helmet.jpg
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Came up with this simple counterweight with a friend and he made it. Also used some stainless filler wire and bungee cord for retention, I always hated using the lanyard. Waiting on a caiman ballistic to show up then this will be a loaner helmet.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

How about you stay tech in tech and bring the virtue signaling to GD?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
No second hand is ok 

TW hosted a Hillary Clinton rally and they been donating to her campaign (and FBHO campaign as well) 

TW gives ZERO fucks about anyone besides big daddy Military 

FUCK TW

How about you stay tech in tech and bring the virtue signaling to GD?

How about this is a pertinent fact that I, and probably others, are glad to learn. Helmet thread is for looking and learning.

Thanks @PA-Minuteman for letting us know.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey guys, i'm arriving to this NV game very late in the game but how much were the Ops Core MT before they were discontinued? is the new super High Cut priced "right" at roughly 1800 dollars?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:
Hey guys, i'm arriving to this NV game very late in the game but how much were the Ops Core MT before they were discontinued? is the new super High Cut priced "right" at roughly 1800 dollars?
View Quote

I think their MSRP from ops-core was about $1600.  Arms Unlimited sold a bunch that were probably a contract overrun for $850 each a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#47]
damn did I miss the boat or what on that deal lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Mr_Psmith:

How about this is a pertinent fact that I, and probably others, are glad to learn. Helmet thread is for looking and learning.

Thanks @PA-Minuteman for letting us know.
View Quote
No prob bud
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top