Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 145
Posted: 8/29/2007 11:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: murderman]
There have been several threads in the past; here is a chance to consolidate current concepts for the topic.

Ballistic rig on the left, scout rig on the right.  The plates are both bolted down to keep from changing position, with the top strap minimizing stress on that joint, as well as providing a very convenient place to ty-rap the Guardians.  

The MSA rig is balanced on a styrofoam mannequin head with the PVS both up and down; it is like that on a real head as well.  

Edited to add a couple shots with the CSM bracket:

Updated with the do rag replacement pic.

Latest mods...some paint and an M600C/KM2:

Link Posted: 6/3/2018 8:24:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Glynn is the best in the business IMO. Small company with items in stock ready to ship. No backorders or long waits. Had my dep echo WP mod 3s to me in about 4 days. Quality superb
View Quote
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Glynn is the best in the business IMO. Small company with items in stock ready to ship. No backorders or long waits. Had my dep echo WP mod 3s to me in about 4 days. Quality superb
View Quote
Glynn owns Night Vision Inc. and Longnight industries I believe is one of his ebay stores names, not to be confused with Ryan Hoover's Nightlong Industries.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:10:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#4]
double post
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Glynn owns Night Vision Inc. and Longnight industries I believe is one of his ebay stores names, not to be confused with Ryan Hoover's Nightlong Industries.
View Quote
I’m sure that’s was a complete accident....
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a quick post..... I've done business with both.

Ryan is extremely busy. He did my first MOD3, we had a miscommunication, but I let it go. When I wanted another MOD3, he ever replied to any messages.

Went to Glynn and he has responded every time.

Long story short, both are good/talented/smart, but I like Glynn more.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 7:11:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#7]
Well Vic from TNVC contacted me and hopefully we can work out an expedited process. Not getting my hopes up. If they can’t meet my time frame I’ll most likely go to NVI. I just can’t wait 12 weeks. Either way, by the end of today I’ll have a DTNVG on the way!
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MrPlayer:

I’m sure that’s was a complete accident....
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't actually purchased my set up from Glynn yet but I have spoken to him a bunch. He has been super helpful and has spent lots of time answering all of my questions. He will be building my DTNVG set up in a few months. His customer service is top notch, I'm looking forward to actually spending a ton of money and a nice set up from him.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]
TNVC gave me a deal I couldn’t pass up. Glad to give them my business again! WP DTNVG’s in my future!
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I declare a FATWA on NV.  I am going to make it happen I have the means I have had the itch for some time.  This thread just pushed me more and more to the "Dark side" (yes pun intended).  I see a pair of WP Sentinels in my future I have the helmet so it will happen.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 9:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#12]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
I declare a FATWA on NV.  I am going to make it happen I have the means I have had the itch for some time.  This thread just pushed me more and more to the "Dark side" (yes pun intended).  I see a pair of WP Sentinels in my future I have the helmet so it will happen.
View Quote
I’ll be selling my one year old TNVC Pvs-14 very shortly if any interest. 10 yr warranty is transferable.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Interesting video by Garand Thumb.

Let's talk Night Vision.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Let's talk Night Vision.
View Quote
He didn’t mention where those 31s came from.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
Hey-O!

My old L4 G24 is famous!

~Augee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Let's talk Night Vision.
Hey-O!

My old L4 G24 is famous!

~Augee
That mk18 mod 0 he rocks came from me at a screaming deal.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 4DoorEKk:

View Quote
Chances are there is a company rep in this thread that can answer that question.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Probably his day job.....
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:58:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#20]

It aint me, but for better or for worse, 31s aren't impossible to get--some more legitimately than others, I don't know GarandThumb personally or how he got his, I just realized that I'd sold one of my used L4 G24s to him when I saw the snakeskin spray paint residue on the mount that looked familiar, and checked my PayPal invoices to see that the name matched, I had no idea at the time.

Anyways--re: PVS-31s, sure, they're the "new hotness" because they're the new USSOCOM goggle, but that doesn't necessarily always make them the best choice for civilian use, or even non-SOF use. Among other things, the fixed diopters are not necessarily you want on a goggle that multiple people will have to use, and they're supposed to have a pretty tight maintenance schedule that most people are not going to be able to adhere to--I'm using a pair currently, so I've got it, hahaha, but there are a lot of things to consider when buying a personally owned goggle.

Just something to think about--life-cycle considerations aren't always considered, especially when you're looking at the newest and coolest issued equipment, and remember, they're switching to 31s from 15s.

~Augee
View Quote

I get it. Went with a DTNV myself. GT is great and I follow him and watch his videos. Just curious, what is so ‘top secret’ about the 31s vs something available to us regular folk. Or is it just the hype?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#21]

I get it. Went with a DTNV myself. GT is great and I follow him and watch his videos. Just curious, what is so ‘top secret’ about the 31s vs something available to us regular folk. Or is it just the hype?
View All Quotes

It aint me, but for better or for worse, 31s aren't impossible to get--some more legitimately than others, I don't know GarandThumb personally or how he got his, I just realized that I'd sold one of my used L4 G24s to him when I saw the snakeskin spray paint residue on the mount that looked familiar, and checked my PayPal invoices to see that the name matched, I had no idea at the time.

Anyways--re: PVS-31s, sure, they're the "new hotness" because they're the new USSOCOM goggle, but that doesn't necessarily always make them the best choice for civilian use, or even non-SOF use. Among other things, the fixed diopters are not necessarily you want on a goggle that multiple people will have to use, and they're supposed to have a pretty tight maintenance schedule that most people are not going to be able to adhere to--I'm using a pair currently, so I've got it, hahaha, but there are a lot of things to consider when buying a personally owned goggle.

Just something to think about--life-cycle considerations aren't always considered, especially when you're looking at the newest and coolest issued equipment, and remember, they're switching to 31s from 15s.

~Augee

Nothing top secret about 31’s from what I understand. It’s more of a manufacturer that has a policy to not sell to the public. I’m guessing it has to do with filling orders for the mil/le side of things. If I ever got a gov contract for my insignificant business I’d probably do the same thing so I could focus on fulfilling that contract to the best of my ability. That’s kind of a bad example I guess because they are not exactly a small company.

I see it allot like MAP pricing. If a company sells a product that is held to a MAP pricing then they have to sell at that price or face being dropped from carrying that product. Of course that’s the simple of it. The grey area is they can sell cheaper than advertised if they want but it has to be more out of the public eye. So if you can find a dealer that will do that with 31’s then you can get a set. You can also buy them second hand which a few places I know have second hand 31’s at a steep price.

At least in my limited knowledge on the subject that’s kind of how it works. Maybe not but that’s how I see it.

I prefer to try and ignore the new hotness only becuse im kind of poor and it’s a bit of a waist of money off the get go. That said we in the gun world do like the new hotness and love getting things that are hard to get and have more prestige I think.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By great308:

Nothing top secret about 31’s from what I understand. It’s more of a manufacturer that has a policy to not sell to the public. I’m guessing it has to do with filling orders for the mil/le side of things. If I ever got a gov contract for my insignificant business I’d probably do the same thing so I could focus on fulfilling that contract to the best of my ability. That’s kind of a bad example I guess because they are not exactly a small company.

I see it allot like MAP pricing. If a company sells a product that is held to a MAP pricing then they have to sell at that price or face being dropped from carrying that product. Of course that’s the simple of it. The grey area is they can sell cheaper than advertised if they want but it has to be more out of the public eye. So if you can find a dealer that will do that with 31’s then you can get a set. You can also buy them second hand which a few places I know have second hand 31’s at a steep price.

At least in my limited knowledge on the subject that’s kind of how it works. Maybe not but that’s how I see it.

I prefer to try and ignore the new hotness only becuse im kind of poor and it’s a bit of a waist of money off the get go. That said we in the gun world do like the new hotness and love getting things that are hard to get and have more prestige I think.
View Quote
Hmm never thought of that aspect. They do also make the Harris F5032 which I guess is a common folk 31 type.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I would guess that most of what has been said about companies placing priority of filling.Gov contracts ahead of releasing to civ market is true.  That's probably why you see a lot of the NV stuff on TNVC site as MIL/LEO only.

I don't disagree with it because let's be honest those contracts are going to make them more than the cover market.  Also it was mentioned in GT video that the quad nods (my term I don't recall the proper name) are 40K+ is that true?  I couldn't afford them to begin with but that is pricey.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I would guess that most of what has been said about companies placing priority of filling.Gov contracts ahead of releasing to civ market is true.  That's probably why you see a lot of the NV stuff on TNVC site as MIL/LEO only.

I don't disagree with it because let's be honest those contracts are going to make them more than the cover market.  Also it was mentioned in GT video that the quad nods (my term I don't recall the proper name) are 40K+ is that true?  I couldn't afford them to begin with but that is pricey.
View Quote
They’re called the GPNV Ground Panaoramic Night Vision and I’ve heard they are around $32k.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#25]

They’re called the GPNV Ground Panaoramic Night Vision and I’ve heard they are around $32k.
View Quote
Only 32K..well shit that changes everything.  I shall buy 2 of them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#27]
You went the same route i did! Cheap name tag lanyard.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fivefivesixphoto:
View All Quotes
Which I generally don't even trust my name tag too I've lost my security ID too many times with those. I prefer a piece of shock cord with an s clip but that's just me
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#29]
You’re back in NV land?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:05:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#30]

View Quote
Yeah i always mean to order a wilcox one but i havent had an issue yet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#31]
I am in love all over again. Thanks TNVC! DTNV L3WP-
Everything about this unit is awesome! The WP tubes are absolutely amazing and going from a single tube to duals is such an incredible difference. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#33]
@4DoorEKk Very nice setup, I can’t wait until I get a set.
How much is the difference for you, going from the green to white? I already know that duals are way better than singles.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

@4DoorEKk Very nice setup, I can’t wait until I get a set.
How much is the difference for you, going from the green to white? I already know that duals are way better than singles.
View Quote
Amazing difference! I used a Wilcox amber filter on my Pinncacle Tubed TNV-14 from the first day I got it and on my DT I haven’t yet tried the amber filters. TBH I don’t think I’m going to. What I’m saying is it is an amazing difference to me going green to white but it also could part be because of the reduced light I was always getting with the amber filter on my -14. Both are great units, of course, although I think the WP seems it’l be less strenuous on the eyes, even without filters. I was told the ITT Pinnacle would perform slightly better in dark, dark conditions, although with my DT I feel like I don’t even need to use the on board Illuminator. On my -14 I almost always used the Illuminator. Again this could be from the amber filter or just having both eyes engaged, but I can notice a difference. Having both eyes engaged and picking up information, your still looking through a 40 degree FOV, it’s just twice as clear. It’s funny how it makes you feel like your wearing what I presume a Pvs-7 would feel like, except for the weight difference and WP, obviously. Bottom line, great, great unit. To me, WP is the way to go. I’ll take some comparison pics tonight.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:33:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#35]

Switched to a maritime. Now it's a lot better with Peltors flipped down for me personally.

Parts:

- Sentinels by Nightlong Industries
- Ops Core Maritime
- Custom Counterweight/battery holster
- S&S Manta
- Peltor Comtacs
- Wilcox GSGM
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:12:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/880/41904533805_9123d7658b_b.jpg

Switched to a maritime. Now it's a lot better with Peltors flipped down for me personally.
View Quote
That’s a mighty nice mount you have there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:37:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#37]
WP DTNV is amazing! Ditched the MC cover again, can’t make up my mind...Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

@bcauz3y sorry bro, It’s a few pages ago. Here’s the latest:
-Ops Core FAST Ballistic helmet
-Extra added ops core tan velcro
-TNVC Mohawk Mk1 Multicam (extra batteries, 2/4 .25 oz counterweights)
-MS2000 strobe in eBay MC pouch
-Vlite IR strobe
-Peltor Comtac 2 dual com on ARC rail adaptors (cut my own velcro for them)
-Perroz Deisgns Multicam IR flag patches, Blood type/ allergy patches, and mini Multicam IR flag patch on peltors; punisher patch from tactical shit
-Wilcox Industries L4 shroud with lanyard
-Wilcox L4 g24 Mount tan
TNVC/ ACT DTNVG with White Phosphorus L3 tubes
And I believe that’s it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#38]
I wish ya'll would post part lists with your pics.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:50:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwikvette] [#39]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
I wish ya'll would post part lists with your pics.
View Quote
My setup on page 74 -

(Old)
Ops Core Carbon (tan)
Team Wendy EPIC Air pads
Team Wendy H-back suspension
A/B Mod3B's with ANVS 9 lenses
L4 G24 Wilcox mount (tan)
Peltor Comtac III's
Peltor Arc adapters
TNVC Mohawk
S&S Manta strobe
Princeton Swith Rail light

(Current)
Team Wendy Ballistic (black)
A/B Mod3B's with ANVS9 lenses
L4 G24 Wilcox mount (black)
Peltor Comtac III's
Team Wendy adapters
EOG slim counter-weight
S&S Manta strobe
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks @Kwikvette

I swear my comtacs are black, but they might be IIs?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/880/41904533805_9123d7658b_b.jpg

Parts:

- Sentinels by Nightlong Industries
- Ops Core Maritime
- Custom Counterweight/battery holster
- S&S Manta
- Peltor Comtacs
- Wilcox GSGM
View Quote
Nice setup!
Ive seen various sentinels with pvs-14 objectives and avs objectives. What lenses are yours?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#42]
@bcauz3y sorry bro, It’s a few pages ago. Here’s the latest:
-Ops Core FAST Ballistic helmet
-Extra added ops core tan velcro
-TNVC Mohawk Mk1 Multicam (extra batteries, 2/4 .25 oz counterweights)
-MS2000 strobe in eBay MC pouch
-Vlite IR strobe
-Peltor Comtac 2 dual com on ARC rail adaptors (cut my own velcro for them)
-Perroz Deisgns Multicam IR flag patches, Blood type/ allergy patches, and mini Multicam IR flag patch on peltors; punisher patch from tactical shit
-Wilcox Industries L4 shroud with lanyard
-Wilcox L4 g24 Mount tan
TNVC/ ACT DTNVG with White Phosphorus L3 tubes
And I believe that’s it.
View Quote
Thank you!

I'm currently spec'ing out WP binos and a helmet w\trimmings. Sitting on about a $15k budget and just want to make sure I don't fuck it up and buy a bunch of stuff I'm going to hate.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:50:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#43]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

Thank you!

I'm currently spec'ing out WP binos and a helmet w\trimmings. Sitting on about a $15k budget and just want to make sure I don't fuck it up and buy a bunch of stuff I'm going to hate.
View Quote
WP DTNVG FTW!
I originally wanted to go with a MOD3 to have the ability to share with a friend but someone on here made a good point, once your using duals your not going to want to sacrifice one for a cheap friend! Haha. I originally planned on a green tubed DT but I got an awesome deal on a WP tubed unit and I am so EXTREMELY happy I went WP. I had an ITT tubed -14 first and the two don’t even compare in my book.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#44]

WP DTNVG FTW!
I originally wanted to go with a MOD3 to have the ability to share with a friend but someone on here made a good point, once your using duals your not going to want to sacrifice one for a cheap friend! Haha. I originally planned on a green tubed DT but I got an awesome deal on a WP tubed unit and I am so EXTREMELY happy I went WP. I had an ITT tubed -14 first and the two don’t even compare in my book.
View Quote
That's what I have now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#45]

WP DTNVG FTW!
View Quote
Time to update that profile pic .
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

Time to update that profile pic .
View Quote
Tonight. Mark my words.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:25:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#47]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#48]

This is how I ended up with a second set of duals... after having already got MOD-3s.

~Augee
View Quote
And now you’ve got the key to the city @TNVC
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Any info on the new goggle for Marsoc/ Recon? They’re calling it the BNVD II. My guess is a Pvs-15 with WP tubes and a COTI. They mention the WP and COTI but no pics.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Any info on the new goggle for Marsoc/ Recon? They’re calling it the BNVD II. My guess is a Pvs-15 with WP tubes and a COTI. They mention the WP and COTI but no pics.
View Quote
http://www.insighttechnology.com/l3-products/enhanced-night-vision-goggle-binocular-envg-b
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top