Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2007 7:47:01 PM EDT
New digital "supervision" claims to beat G3 nightvision in all aspects.  

Looks like a guy needs to invest in stocks?  Price for handheld about half of a PVS-14.

NRA is even endorsing this product...so...why no screen-shots?  

Anybody seen anything on this?  xenonics supervision
Link Posted: 3/5/2007 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
They really need to put up some pictures..
Link Posted: 3/5/2007 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
New digital "supervision" claims to beat G3 nightvision in all aspects.  
xenonics supervision

Victor and Pete, what do you guys  think about this?
Link Posted: 3/5/2007 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 3/6/2007 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok with an image intensifier you are getting an amplified image. That means that you are actually seeing into darkness and making it brighter PASSIVELY. That is the important part.

With a super sensitive CCD all you are doing is picking up available light and running it through to a view screen. You might have something in there to get you a white balance to even out the range of the image. The "bloom" from existing lights will be WAY worse than any NVD. That you would have to deal with using some sort of the Software. Also I am betting to get a decent image your going to need some sort of active light source...

Without ever having seen one I am sceptical to say the least.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 3/6/2007 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#5]
An NRA endorsement is worth way less than an endorsement from someone, no, Anyone on this forum, imo.
NRA will endorse about anything that will pay them enough in ad $or 'donations'.
Champ(NRA Life member)
Link Posted: 3/6/2007 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/6/2007 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
These guys stock went skyrocketing up in value last Nov. In fact it was at a low of $1.27 then in about two whole weeks it shot up to $4.05 a share then fell off again.

Seems fishy to me. I doubt that these guys have discovered the holy grail of night vision. I believe the Army Night Vision lab has been trying this technology for the better part of 10 years and has not come up with anything better than image intensfiers.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPAH
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds to me like someone learned a few image processing technique and went to production with it. I'm always hesitent about someone not disclosing their technology up front. It's not even Low-Light TV. 4X zoom on top of 2X optical zoom? My photoshop does the same thing...it's called Bi-Linear Interpolation - makes the image looks like shit before you can even say its name.

What's their other product? Oh, deer search light.

They don't even list any specs, not even the spectrum. Believe me, there are good reasons why the military strive for NVD, SW, MW LW FLIR. There are advantages that we can't see, those beyond the obvious.
Link Posted: 3/9/2007 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Saw thier ad in shotgun news tonight, got the latest one in the mail, they have a full page ad, on the last page of the latest SGN,

I would like to see a pic of the image,

in the ad, they went on and on about urban lighting, so it might work out in a urban environment, but I do have my doubts out in the boonies on nights you just about cant see your hand in your face,

also, seems they would have a head mount for it too,

Im sure we will get this figured out shortly, of something that works, or file 13 stuff
Link Posted: 3/9/2007 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/16/2007 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:

I contacted these folks this week since they are very close to my office...I was told from customer service they are presently gearing up for "Store-Front" sales.  When I inquired about a getting a unit to test and demo they stated they would call me back.  A day later (yesterday) I received an email informing me that there were no units available for test or demo, but a sales rep would be in contact with me in approx. one week.....More to come.

It's been about a week Victor, did they ever get back to you??? I don't have a lot of hope there's something special here, but you never know
Link Posted: 3/16/2007 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/17/2007 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Interesting....  

Do they make such a thing as a 110V hand/pocket/solar generator? Seems xenonics might want to come up with additional power source options if this device is going to be of any use when there aren't 110AC sources handy. Maybe I am missing something here?

""SuperVision is powered by a lithium-ion rechargeable battery (110V charger included) and comes with a hand strap. ""

Other than that it sounds pretty cool.
Link Posted: 3/17/2007 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I will wait till someone with some time on goggles looks through one of these things but I doubt this is ANY improvment on gen 3 image intensifiers. It stand to reason that if they had something truly knock your socks off, they would be showing side by side photos against the industry standard.

Nice photoshopped pic of the fox here...

www.wownightvision.com/

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 3/18/2007 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#15]
After reading their long BS and blabberring, I've come to the conclusion that this thing is simply typical B&W CCD type camera. They probably up the integration time on the sensor, so it's more sensitive at night.....in other word, think of it as a longer shutter opening time in a traditional camera....so up the integration time and send out the frame.

If it's as good as it says, I would imagine I would've heard about it from SPIE or other sources. I know a lot of people in Electro-optics (EO) industry and believe me, we don't spend $$$ for Low-Light TV or other types of sensor for nothing. I doubt they'll have balls to come to Defense and Security Symposium.

Like I said, I'm skeptical about the subjective evaluations and non-disclosure of technology they wrote up....with bunch of pure talk-around bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I doubt that that thing is EBCCD. It'll cost more than that......I said already of what I though of it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I'll hoist the BS flag on it too. I've look through other digital viewers and I wasn't impressed. They were at least distortion free, but the gain sucked without the IR on. Perhaps they fixed it somehow, but I can't for the life of me think how one would do it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I doubt that that thing is EBCCD. It'll cost more than that......I said already of what I though of it.

Don't EBCCDs still use a photcathode in some form of a vacum tube? As I understand the technology (and please correct me if I am wrong) EBCCD is really an image intensifier that has a CCD at the back of it rather than a phosphor screen?

If so I would bet the farm on it that these guys are not using that.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 4:30:41 AM EDT
[#20]
$1,400 for Gen III type performance.  I'm from Missouri (Florida actually).....show me.

They don't appear to be shipping, even though their website said March 07 availability.  They've also got some press releases about the NRA deal and a deal with Kaltron as a reseller valued at 1.5Million in orders.

Old School Tag for outcome and reviews.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top