Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 1:38:23 PM EDT
I have Russian Baigish-6U that was given to me and it quit working, I am pretty sure it was not turned on in a lighted area. I know it is probably futile to ask, but can it be serviced/repaired ?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have Russian Baigish-6U that was given to me and it quit working, I am pretty sure it was not turned on in a lighted area. I know it is probably futile to ask, but can it be serviced/repaired ?  

Most people (me included) do NOT like to work on Russian gear as parts are next to impossible to get for them. Also the quality is hit or miss from model to model. The 6Us are the single tube binos right?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Unfortunately it probably can not be repaired. Most of the Baigish series stuff being advertised as Gen 2 is actually a 3 stage generation 1 cascade tube set up.(similar to the Viet Nam Era night vision)
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Single tube bino
It was a gift, I liked it for what it was (first gen preformance)
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
So how do I depose of it ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So how do I depose of it ?

There is nothing toxic in gen 1 or 2 nightvision tubes. Just put it out with your bulk trash. Gen 3 tubes contain gallium arsenide(a type of arsenic).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top